• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08/06 PNW HH & Dive - The search for the elusive six gill SHARKS!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#16 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

Colleen, I'll probably be diving my doubles. By the way, I sent you an e-mail at your work address.
Tony

Tony ~ Got your email, replied back. I will have your doubles ready and waiting.
I hope we can get them in the water alot when your home in August.

That would be an excellent way for us to welcome you home Tony!! :welcome:

I agree. But the sad part is we have to send him back.. :P

Edited by gis_gal, 26 June 2006 - 01:14 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:18 PM

I agree. But the sad part is we have to send him back.. :welcome:

So how many years would we get for kidnapping?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

By the way, if you get the chance ask to see Scott's (and friend Tani's) video of multiple sixgills. It's awesome.

I'll need to do that - I meet Tani at the Treasure Hunt in May as well. He and RJ showed me a funky little dive site on Saturday when we were out on Tani's inflateable.

See if Tani can come to our sixgill event. I met him once on a 3 day dive trip to Neah Bay, Duncan Rock, etc. I'd like to see him again.

Gray

I'll can always ask!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#19 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

I am good for all weekends except for the first one.

#20 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

So how many years would we get for kidnapping?

DG ~ I just LOVE how you think...
I have no idea. But it is sooooo very tempting.
You work on the legal issues and I will work on a plan.
I think he is classified government property... so you need to check into that also.

I don't think we should consult Tony...

#21 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

We'll defect to Canada using our SD connections. I hear we'll blend right in!

This really sounds like a mutli-blender job!

#22 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:18 PM

We'll defect to Canada using our SD connections. I hear we'll blend right in!

This really sounds like a mutli-blender job!

I am thinking this just might work. I knew my SD/dive connections would come in handy someday.

I will go to Tony's house and collect his dive gear and his puppies.
We can't run away and leave them behind. Its a good thing they know me.
I should have no trouble getting them in the car. :P

I will share the rest of my plan with you later. For now we must play it :welcome:
Would hate for our plans to go public before we are ready.

I wonder if we could get RJ to borrow the Sampan.. for a day or two... hmmmmmm

Edited by gis_gal, 26 June 2006 - 03:20 PM.

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

We'll stow him in the stinky dive neoprene locker - no one would dare look for him there or THROUGH there!

So far, it looks like the weekend of August 12-13 is the frontrunner weekend. Considering many of us have to drive in from all over - how does Saturday evening sound? Using the suggestions from Gray, we could start a dive at twighlight and plan on two dives. This nixes a formal dive happy hour - so people pack a cooler!

But here's what I am wondering, Owen Beach is in Pt. Defiance Park and park hours are from dawn to dusk. I don't know that we could hold night dives from shore there????? That would be stinky and we'd need to look into some other sites or perhaps scheduling night dives from Banditos, if that is an option?

And the hunt for the elusive six gill continues...

Posted Image
:banghead:

#24 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

But here's what I am wondering, Owen Beach is in Pt. Defiance Park and park hours are from dawn to dusk. I don't know that we could hold night dives from shore there????? That would be stinky and we'd need to look into some other sites or perhaps scheduling night dives from Banditos, if that is an option?

There's always Cove 2. That's where I've seen all mine (24 in less than 3 years).

I'll check around and see how those who have seen sixgills at Owens Beach did it.

#25 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:52 PM

I'd possibly be avalible the last weekend...already diving the other weekends

#26 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

Bandito for a night dive is a great idea. We could also maybe get Frank Gibson to do a wet DM for us. He knows that area well.

I'm not classified. In fact, I'm about to be very public.

I'm also not positive on the dates. You would not believe how complicated it is to extricate oneself from this place.

#27 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hi!

I chose the third weekend of August as the best for me. The last weekend is okay, but going to Tool at the Gorge, which is on Sunday the 27th, so Friday or Saturday nights better for me that weekend. The first weekend is Seafair, and the second weekend I have a legal seminar in Winthrop, so neither of those will work. Thanks for organizing this DG. Hope I can participate.

Rich
:P
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#28 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:49 PM

As a reminder, please everyone select your first choice and then post your other weekend availability! I need to see if the 3rd weekend is viable. The first weekend looks unanimously out - and sorry 6gill, the 4th weekend is looking conflicting with many other events in our area. Reschedule your other August dives - come on and go diving with us! All the cool kids are doing it...... :P

And where are my other fabulous PNW SD divers?? Calling on fbp, BrinyBay, GlazerDiver (this will not conflict with our shop coast weekend), HCoded, and our newest PNW SD divers!!??

#29 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:00 PM

As a reminder, please everyone select your first choice and then post your other weekend availability! I need to see if the 3rd weekend is viable. The first weekend looks unanimously out - and sorry 6gill, the 4th weekend is looking conflicting with many other events in our area. Reschedule your other August dives - come on and go diving with us! All the cool kids are doing it...... :P

And where are my other fabulous PNW SD divers?? Calling on fbp, BrinyBay, GlazerDiver (this will not conflict with our shop coast weekend), HCoded, and our newest PNW SD divers!!??

I'm not sure of the details but I think DUI Dog Days is the 3rd weekend and is held at Owens Beach.

Life is complicated :cool2:

#30 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

Good point! I checked Sport Diver, and the 9th Annual DUI DOG Rally & Demo Days local PNW dates are:

Aug 18-20 Newport, OR Oregon Coast Aquarium (3rd weekend)
Aug 26-27 Tacoma, WA Owen Beach (4th weekend)

So we should avoid a conflict on the 3rd weekend in Tacoma - but unless we have people wanting to do the aquarium thing, I am hoping the 3rd weekend is still an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users