• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08/06 PNW HH & Dive - The search for the elusive six gill SHARKS!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

I don't know if 6-gills eat seals. I don't believe so actively.

I think I have another diver from my shop planning on joining us. He's newer to diving, but has been putting in solid dive time and has a number of night and deep dives under his belt. He's who I took diving this past weekend.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#122 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Just got a call from Wylerbear (Georgia)! She and REEF Diver (Valerie) will be joining us. :lmao:

For those who may not know, Wylerbear is an Assistant Instructor who I have trained and worked with since her AOW days. In fact, she was the first diver to take a chance on a female instuctor who left a dive shop and went independent in the PNW! :thankyou: She continued her quest for everything scuba and trained with local Fish ID/Invertebrarte instructor expert, Janna Nichols (the other half of www.pnwscuba.com). Wylerbear, herself, became a REEF fish surveyor rising to REEF's highest Expert surveyor level a few years back. Since then, she has been invited to join REEF's Advanced Assessment Team (AAT). As a member of REEF's AAT, she has participated in special regional monitoring and assessment projects. You can read about her Baja California AAT trip here.

REEF Diver (Valerie) is also a wonderful diver, one who I finally got to meet in person over a year ago when she invited me North to do a Tides & Current presentation at her shop as part of her Divemaster program. Cooincidentally, her DM paperwork came in the day of the presentation and gis_gal and I were there when her shop presented her with her certification. It is my understanding she is also a REEF Level 5 expert surveyor, is a wonderful videographer, and an avid underwater bottle collector. She and Wylerbear are regular dive buddies (I am often jealous of all the amazing dives they do!).

They will be welcomed divers, putting the count at 14 divers! :cool2:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#123 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

Just got another call from a married but budiless diver from our shop! Guess it helps to post a notice on the dive shop dry erase board!!

#124 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

DG ~ I did not know G and V were joining us. This just keeps getting better and better.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of diving with Wylerbear aka Georgie. You are in for a treat.
I have never had the pleasure of being Valeries buddy but have shared a dive site with her a few times.
Both gals are a great addition to the group.
Both bring years of dive experience and more critter knowledge then you can imagine.

One more week to go before the big night.
So much to do and so little time.

Edited by gis_gal, 12 August 2006 - 04:36 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#125 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

Diver update - the diver from our shop who called me, Mike, will be joining us! Mike is a married but buddiless diver who has been a pleasure on a number of dive weekends with our shop. He'll be a welcomed addition! Glad to hear you are coming Mike!

Also, on a side note a question was raised regarding cmt489's title, drink supervisor. I must clarify. A proper drink supervisor will be making sure there is enough drink to be had by those who are having it! Any whistle around her neck will be to alert GG of an empty glass or that the diver has fallen on the floor and needs to be uprighted and possibly taped to the chair...Remember, this midnight margarita debauchery is AFTER the dives and we have none planned on Sunday! Always be a responsible diver. :angel2:

Also, Shane and I are carpooling up and we might be diving with RJ Saturday morning and kidnapping him for our evening dives! He's letting Tani know where we are headed too.

#126 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

Just got your email Tony! Glad you are home safely and we'll look forward to seeing you Saturday!!

#127 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

So, just checking here, what's the skinny on meeting time, # of dives etc..
Here's a link with map if that would help...
http://www.psdivers....o...ct=15&cat=6

thanx...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#128 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

thanx...

PNW SD DIVE - SATURDAY, AUGUST 19TH

Where:
COVE 2
When: 6:30pm (approx. dive times 7pm & 9pm)
Why: to search for the elusive six gill shark!
HH: Possibly after the 2nd dive at the Alki Tavern

MORE INFO
Located just South of downtown Seattle, Alki Cove 2 (Seacrest) is a dive site offering easy access and egress, toilet & changing facilities nearby, fresh water rinsing station and shower, free parking (on the shoulder or possibly in the parking lot of the Alki Crab & Fish Co.), food and drink nearby, and it is reportedly not current intensive.
Dive site map: click here
Dive site aerial photo: click here
Tides & current:: click here
Sunset: 7:14pm on 8/19/06

Location/Address: 1660 Harbor Ave SW, Seattle, WA - West Seattle

Directions:
1. Take the I-90 W ramp to Seattle - go 6.7 mi
2. Take the I-5 S exit 2B to Tacoma/Portland - go 1.3 mi
3. Take the W Seattle Br exit 163A - go 0.5 mi
4. Continue on West Seattle Brg - go 1.9 mi
5. Take the Harbor Ave ramp - go 0.3 mi
6. Turn right at Harbor Ave SW - go 1.3 mi
CLICK HERE FOR A STREET MAP

#129 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

thanx...

Great street map link - I'll add it to the first post of this thread with all the info that gcbryan listed above.

#130 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:47 AM

And so I got another call tonight and then got to see this SD diver tonight who is joining us Saturday and will be bunking at GG's parteee house!

GlazingMcGyver (Steve) WELCOME!!!
(oh and the scruff looks great!)

#131 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:33 AM

And so I got another call tonight and then got to see this SD diver tonight who is joining us Saturday and will be bunking at GG's parteee house!

GlazingMcGyver (Steve) WELCOME!!!
(oh and the scruff looks great!)

Ok now I'm jealous...TONS of great SD Divers...the partee house at GisGal's is lots of fun and now Steve has scruff...well I can't bear it that I won't be there this weekend! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#132 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

Oh yes...you guys have a great time...I REALLY do wish I was there! Take LOTS OF PICTURES!!! And I certainly hope we get some shark pics!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#133 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

I will be in a 2001 4/Runner that is black with silver trim. Hopefully parked right in front of Cove 2. :sleepy:

Rich
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#134 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:27 AM

Shane and I will be in a white Honda CRV with dive flag stickers on the back window. I'll probably come blaring up with loud crazy music too! :sleepy:

#135 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:35 AM

I will be in the black BMW with the BC plates. Music will also be blaring!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users