• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2nd Athens, TX SW Regional SD Event

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#31 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:18 AM

Suh...weet!!! Let me know when you plan to officially register....are you camping or doing the hotel thang???? You are my kind of guy....already bringing more people....are they a diver too? Guy or gal? Share the wealth of information!!! LOL!!! -ww

Oh HIM and I are definately in. Send in money for BBQ within the week. we will be camping. He is a guy I met in my open water class so yes he is a diver. His name is David....very laid back and nice guy, 32, since I'm secure in my own masculity I'll tell you he is well built. He doesn't have a internet connection, but I've been telling him about you guys and this place. He is dying to meet you all. We are both taking the day off work friday and driving down thursday night. We should be there way early friday. As for the other person that may come see my post "OK go ahead and flame me" She wants to get certified before athens, but I'm still not to sure I'm just certifiable. But two from my area will certainly be there. And yes...I told David he has to get an internet connection.
I'mA riddle so strong, you can't break me.
Alice in Chains

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:26 AM

Suh...weet!!!  Let me know when you plan to officially register....are you camping or doing the hotel thang????  You are my kind of guy....already bringing more people....are they a diver too? Guy or gal?  Share the wealth of information!!!  LOL!!! -ww

Oh HIM and I are definately in. Send in money for BBQ within the week. we will be camping. He is a guy I met in my open water class so yes he is a diver. His name is David....very laid back and nice guy, 32, since I'm secure in my own masculity I'll tell you he is well built. He doesn't have a internet connection, but I've been telling him about you guys and this place. He is dying to meet you all. We are both taking the day off work friday and driving down thursday night. We should be there way early friday. As for the other person that may come see my post "OK go ahead and flame me" She wants to get certified before athens, but I'm still not to sure I'm just certifiable. But two from my area will certainly be there. And yes...I told David he has to get an internet connection.

Kudos on getting 2 people to join you.....and one is a gal!!! Hoping she will come whether or not she is certified yet! We can also do her open water dives in Athens if she likes...just let us know!

I think you may have the record for bringing the most people!!! Anyone else care to beat bringing a total of 3 folks to Athens??????

P.S. way to recruit in your diving classes and yes...they just gotta get internet connection!!! LOL!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:46 AM

Hey, so who all is going to Athen's this time around?

Of course I'm in!!! I'll start the official list in the first message...so far I've got SH and myself, DC....what all girls????? -ww

Kamala, as it stands right now, I am in also, that is, if you still want me in! :teeth: More than likely, I will drive up very early Saturday morning and stay the weekend.

BTW, it was pleasure to meet you and the others before you went to Bonaire. Sounds like you had a great trip! How was diving the Hooker?
-Mitch-

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:15 AM

Kamala, as it stands right now, I am in also, that is, if you still want me in! :lmao: More than likely, I will drive up very early Saturday morning and stay the weekend.

BTW, it was pleasure to meet you and the others before you went to Bonaire. Sounds like you had a great trip! How was diving the Hooker?

Awesome Mitch...and of course I still want you!!! The Happy Hour before the trip was sooooooooooo nice and we only wished you could have stayed longer! SassyRabbit did her part and was even late for her other party that night. We all loved meeting you guys!!!

As for getting there on Sat....no problemo!!! We'll have coffee and breakfast ready for you after you get there!!! Just remember to crash and get some sleep. Let me know if you need a place to crash for a few hours and we'll try to have something for you if possible since you'll be driving all night. Heck some of us might still be up in the hot tub!!! LOL!!!

As for the hooker...what a gal! I even penetrated her myself!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#35 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:16 AM

Of course you know I'm there!! I haven't even unpacked my tent from the car from the last trip!! (No comments are needed here WW) Let me know if I need to plan on any certs. This one will be a lot hotter--maybe in more ways than one. I wonder if Yogaboy has talked his way into sharing a tent with Mischievous, Scuba Honey and Dive Cutie again? See you there.
Jim
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#36 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:20 AM

I will be there willing and ready to cause a stir!! J/K WW- I promise to be (somewhat) good this time!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

Of course you know I'm there!! I haven't even unpacked my tent from the car from the last trip!! (No comments are needed here WW) Let me know if I need to plan on any certs. This one will be a lot hotter--maybe in more ways than one. I wonder if Yogaboy has talked his way into sharing a tent with Mischievous, Scuba Honey and Dive Cutie again? See you there.
Jim

Actually Mechanical31 and his friend David are interested in getting their night diving certifications. Anyone else interested in certs????

formerly...

#38 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:25 AM

I will be there willing and ready to cause a stir!! J/K WW- I promise to be (somewhat) good this time!

You were great last time--Is this a retreat?
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#39 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:37 AM

I wonder if Yogaboy has talked his way into sharing a tent with Mischievous, Scuba Honey and Dive Cutie again? See you there.
Jim

Would this be a case of "still waters run deep????" :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#40 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:46 AM

"David and I are interested in the night diving certification....what is the cost, necesarry equipment, and how long will it take? "

And as far as three of us coming down. I haven't even started recruiting yet. I can think of at least 3 more single divers. If I had my way we would be traveling in a charter bus???????WOW that gives me an idea. Look out Athens your going to be invaded :teeth:
I'mA riddle so strong, you can't break me.
Alice in Chains

#41 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:12 AM

I wonder if Yogaboy has talked his way into sharing a tent with Mischievous, Scuba Honey and Dive Cutie again?  See you there.
Jim

Would this be a case of "still waters run deep????" :teeth:

All I know is that Marc sure looked tired by the end of the event.
Thomas Jefferson
Goethe
Thomas Jefferson
H.L. Mencken:

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:28 AM

"David and I are interested in the night diving certification....what is the cost, necesarry equipment, and how long will it take? "

And as far as three of us coming down. I haven't even started recruiting yet. I can think of at least 3 more single divers. If I had my way we would be traveling in a charter bus???????WOW that gives me an idea. Look out Athens your going to be invaded :welcome:

Woo Hoo!!! Athens is READY to be invaded!!! Bring them on!!!

As for your cert questions...good questions:

1. Q: what is the cost? A: We charge $75 which includes the c-card.
2. Q: necesarry equipment? A: You'll need 2-3 lights...a primary light, back up light and some sort of tank marker which can be a cylume stick or a small light you can tie to your tank.
3. Q: and how long will it take? A: You'll have a brief but well prepared class/lecture about night diving and then you'll do your night dives. You can easily do the certification in one day/evening.

Let me know if you need anything else? -ww

formerly...

#43 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

Awesome Mitch...and of course I still want you!!!  The Happy Hour before the trip was sooooooooooo nice and we only wished you could have stayed longer!  SassyRabbit did her part and was even late for her other party that night. We all loved meeting you guys!!!

Yes, I heard you had a great time that day. I talked to SR the following Monday and after hearing what she had to say, I really wished I could have stayed but I am glad I got to meet you and the others.

As for getting there on Sat....no problemo!!!  We'll have coffee and breakfast ready for you after you get there!!!  Just remember to crash and get some sleep. Let me know if you need a place to crash for a few hours and we'll try to have something for you if possible since you'll be driving all night. Heck some of us might still be up in the hot tub!!!  LOL!!!

Thanks! I really will not know until that week whether I will be up there or not. Of course, I will let you know. If things go like they usually do when I have Friday nite gig, I will leave Houston around 1AM Saturday morning and drive through the night. Of course, I will stop along the way and catch some sleep. If all goes as planned, I will get there just before sunrise.

As for the hooker...what a gal!  I even penetrated her myself!!!  :lmao:

Uhhh .... NEVER MIND! :D

Edited by Mitch0129, 22 June 2004 - 03:50 PM.

-Mitch-

#44 cyclingmike31

cyclingmike31

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:02 AM

Hay WW. I do plan on attending this event. I'll be there camera in hand again.
-Michael
AKA - Charlie ...The Keeper of the Angels and the SD Photo guy on trips

If you are Single or Buddyless and looking to dive with other single divers, visit us at http://www.singledivers.com.

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hay WW. I do plan on attending this event. I'll be there camera in hand again.

Awesome...and thanks for handling the rest of the planning and organizing of it as well!!! You really know how to help a gal out when she needs it most don't you??? -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users