• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

LAST CALL: Future SingleDivers trip destinations?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD! (130 member(s) have cast votes)

LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD!

1. Bonaire (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Roatan/Honduras (6 votes [4.62%])

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

3. North Carolina (typically run in July, Aug & Oct) (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Belize (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

5. Hawaii (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

6. Cozumel (How about Jan and Oct) (13 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. Costa Rica or Honduras (thinking about combining the trip with a toy drive for local children around mid-Dec timeframe) (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Texas Flower Gardens (Hammar Heads, Whale Sharks, & more!) (18 votes [13.85%])

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

9. Grenada...pristine private beaches...4 hrs from San Juan (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

10. Somewhere really exotic like the South Pacific...expensive $3k+ but worth it! (24 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

11. Don't care....just sign me up where ever you are going! (8 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:48 AM

Tell me where and when! My only limitation is the financial side since the adventurous part of me is willing to go anywhere. How about looking at a So. Cal. weekender for those of us who are geographically challenged. I understand a couple wrecks exist around San Diego and lobster season is a riot in the Channel Islands.

Dave

Hey Dave....you can do a California dive weekend like we are doing the NM Blue Hole or the Texas Athens trip....post the idea under "North America" and see who wants to join you....OR we can do it more officially as a SD.com trip. I could go either way. Got to get that drysuit first...and then get trained in is BUT...if we have some interest in a S.CA dive trip then I can put one together. I'll need someone to help me research dive operators etc. but if you point me in the right direction..I'm cool. I've heard great things about the Truth and I know a great operator that runs to Monterrey so this could work.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 24 March 2004 - 06:42 PM

I voted for the Texas thing just cause it sounds...BIG! Of course everything is big in Texas as I understand it.....LOL

What would be the chances of us chartering a smaller liveaboard sometime? Maybe in the Bahamas or something...Or anyware for that matter!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

Actually, Wreck Wench and I looked at a liveaboard at DEMA. We attended a party on the vessel. It makes runs to the Bahamas. We'll put together trips that our members want.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#19 Johnagain

Johnagain

Getting started

• Charter Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:Like a ROCK ????
  • Logged Dives:?????

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:28 PM

You can do a really fun 2 or 3 day liveaboard off the Texas coast as well. You leave Friday night and by morning you are at the first dive site. You dive 5 times on Sat and 2 times on Sunday for a 2 day charter...or 5 times on Sat, 4 times on Sunday and 2 times on Monday if a 3 day charter. It is very economical and very fun. Hammarheads....eagle rays....tiger sharks....whale sharks....cudas galore...you name it...they got it.

I'm sure Wreck Wench and crew could look at putting a trip together like this as well. Just let them know if you are interested.

Edited by Johnagain, 24 March 2004 - 08:32 PM.

You never get into an argument with an idiot, because they only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#20 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:26 PM

John, Myself I would love to d something like that! Walter, OK I give whats DEMA? :D
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#21 Lubold8431

Lubold8431

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor. Do most of my diving in NE. I love wreck diving.
  • Logged Dives:Over 1500...

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:22 AM

Oh man, wreck wench, you;re killing me!!! I think I might have to do that Honduras trip, if its going... Ive always wanted to go there. I still love Bonaire though. Cant get enough of that Island. I would like to get back to Belize as well. Although, I would only want to do Belize on a liveaboard...(now that would be a cool trip!!! Singles Liveaboard.)...
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:27 AM

Oh man, wreck wench, you;re killing me!!! I think I might have to do that Honduras trip, if its going... Ive always wanted to go there. I still love Bonaire though. Cant get enough of that Island. I would like to get back to Belize as well. Although, I would only want to do Belize on a liveaboard...(now that would be a cool trip!!! Singles Liveaboard.)...

Ok...I give....WHY am I killing you????? Ya gotta tell me!!!!

As for Honduras we will be doing it either Sept cuz it is cheapest then or possibly December for the toys for children drive. Still trying to figure out if we'll have good diving conditions in mid-dec for toys and diving!!! :huh:

As for Bonaire...it will be awesome and so is our price!! I hope you can join us on that one!! As for liveaboards in Belize....send me anything you have that you know is good. We can certainly look at a Singles Liveaboard!!! :ph34r:

In fact if we do the Flower Gardens off the Texas coast to see hammar heads, whale sharks, spawning coral, eagle rays, tiger sharks, etc......it is a liveaboard and VERY inexpensive too!! :P

Hey....for all of this to be successful...I'll need YOU and say about 100 of your closest diving buddies to join us!!! So don't forget to tell all your favorite diving buddies to check us out!!! LOL!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:30 AM

John, Myself I would love to d something like that! Walter, OK I give whats DEMA? :P

DEMA is the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association which is the trade association for the diving industry. They have a huge tradeshow once a year...now it is held in October and this year's convention will be in Houston.

So Walter and I met in person at DEMA last October and looked at a really cool liveaboard for diving the Bahamas. Thanks for reminding me about them. They'd be really cool for a singles trip wouldn't they? ww

formerly...

#24 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:47 AM

Anyone into sailing? This particular liveaboard was a sailing vessel. We did sample the food. Excellent! It would work quite nicely for a singles trip.

Walter

DSSW,

WWW™

#25 Lubold8431

Lubold8431

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor. Do most of my diving in NE. I love wreck diving.
  • Logged Dives:Over 1500...

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:54 AM

Ok, hijack time... How do you know if someone is online right now??? I dont see any type of indicator when you look at a post from someone.

And, in reply to WW, I really want to do some traveling, I am actually itching for it. Right now, I just cant afford anything. Hopefully, this fall I will be able to. Thats why you're killing me. I went to Belize last April on a cruise, but it wasnt the greatest trip that Ive ever done. I wont do a cruise again, and I didnt get any diving in...
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
--Vince Lombardi

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:03 PM

Ok, hijack time... How do you know if someone is online right now??? I dont see any type of indicator when you look at a post from someone.

And, in reply to WW, I really want to do some traveling, I am actually itching for it. Right now, I just cant afford anything. Hopefully, this fall I will be able to. Thats why you're killing me. I went to Belize last April on a cruise, but it wasnt the greatest trip that Ive ever done. I wont do a cruise again, and I didnt get any diving in...

At the bottom of main message board you'll see who is online. (You also see who else is on in a particular forum at the bottom of that forum.)

As for diving on cruises...yes you don't generally get enough in. I am however thinking about arranging one where that would NOT be the problem.

And as for diving in general.....you REALLY want to go on one of our trips...we have people who want to DIVE DIVE DIVE and people who want to go to dinner as a group and people who don't know anyone when they first go on the trip and then get to know EVERYONE when they end the trip and well I could go on and on!!

Bottom line...a dive trip with us will be more economical especially for our premier members as they get automatic discounts for just being a member AND they are more fun. We GUARANTEE that. And if you don't believe me....just ask the 26 people who went on the January trip and let them tell you!!! Many of them said it was the best vacation they'd been in years and the best dive trip they'd ever been on. Now Cozy is great....but its not all that great so it had to be the group that made it soooooo much fun!

Looking forward to having you join us on one or MANY trips soon!!! ww

formerly...

#27 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:04 PM

Look at the main page of the forum. Those online are listed at the bottom.

DSSW,

WWW™

#28 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 28 March 2004 - 04:13 PM

Rodney King

Cant we all just get along ?

LoL
I just looked at the lastest poll totals. it looks like a big goverment
project everyone wants there own piece of the pie again LoL. actualy there is two unchecked box's last i looked so somebody check them and we will be 100% undecided. I change my vote because i'm going to CR anyway this year. so i'll vote on a differant place. :)
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 04:30 PM

Rodney King

Cant we all just get along ?

LoL
I just looked at the lastest poll totals. it looks like a big goverment
project everyone wants there own piece of the pie again LoL. actualy there is two unchecked box's last i looked so somebody check them and we will be 100% undecided. I change my vote because i'm going to CR anyway this year. so i'll vote on a differant place. :)

Yes I noticed we had people all over the map as far as trip locations! I guess that means wherever we run trip it will be good!!! LOL!!

So when are you going to Costa Rica??? k

formerly...

#30 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 28 March 2004 - 06:17 PM

I'm going June 1st thru the 9th back to Tamarindo CR. I made alot of friends there and we stay intouch alot. Lucas the dive op owner is going to dive with me this time and take us to some spots that they dont take the normal tourist (gringo's) to. A friend and I have had this planned and booked for awhile now :D So Blublood and Sapphire and all the other photographer's be looking for those pic's when I come back :)
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users