• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

LAST CALL: Future SingleDivers trip destinations?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD! (130 member(s) have cast votes)

LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD!

1. Bonaire (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Roatan/Honduras (6 votes [4.62%])

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

3. North Carolina (typically run in July, Aug & Oct) (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Belize (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

5. Hawaii (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

6. Cozumel (How about Jan and Oct) (13 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. Costa Rica or Honduras (thinking about combining the trip with a toy drive for local children around mid-Dec timeframe) (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Texas Flower Gardens (Hammar Heads, Whale Sharks, & more!) (18 votes [13.85%])

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

9. Grenada...pristine private beaches...4 hrs from San Juan (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

10. Somewhere really exotic like the South Pacific...expensive $3k+ but worth it! (24 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

11. Don't care....just sign me up where ever you are going! (8 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:49 AM

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :-D  Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!!  Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!!  :rolleyes:

A DOCILE SHARK?? Now that's the kinda shark I would like to see. The whole Seafood festival and diving sounds like alot of fun!

Great...sounds like Walter, WG, Nikk, Dandy Don and Jerry and I are doing NC in October or you can do the 4th of July weekend??

Differences: Oct is right after huricane season so the best options for finding stuff. The water is still very warm...low 80's and high 70's but the air temps can start to cool a bit so you need a boat coat! Cooler water means more sharks and yes they are docile.

4th of July is warm air in the 80's and 90's and warm water...usually in mid to low 80's. They just had high 68 this past weekend in April so by July it will be super nice! Warmer water means less sharks but more of other marine life.

Full details will be posted soon so you can start signing up! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

Hey Kamala - I could probably do NC July 4 weekend. Sounds like my kinda diving!
October I'm going to be spending 10 days in Lakshadweep in case anyone is interested in coming??
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:31 AM

Hey Kamala - I could probably do NC July 4 weekend. Sounds like my kinda diving!
October I'm going to be spending 10 days in Lakshadweep in case anyone is interested in coming??

Awesome!!! Who else for NC? I'll get the full details up today in its own thread under the Singles trip section. -ww

P.S. I am the ORIGINAL www...warm water wuss!!! LOL!!! :rolleyes:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#49 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:44 PM

Oooh passports are good and DEFINITELY the first step to doing a singles trip! Looks like you'll be ready to join us soon! I hope it in June. I'll be doing a detailed trip in the new trip section as soon as the details are firmed up this week! ww

Just as a point of reference, if you do choose a destination that is a U.S. protectorate (e.g. Federated States of Micronesia), those who don't have passports need only show government-issued I.D. and a copy of a birth certificate.

Just a thought ... doesn't affect me either way, though!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

Oooh passports are good and DEFINITELY the first step to doing a singles trip! Looks like you'll be ready to join us soon! I hope it in June. I'll be doing a detailed trip in the new trip section as soon as the details are firmed up this week!  ww

Just as a point of reference, if you do choose a destination that is a U.S. protectorate (e.g. Federated States of Micronesia), those who don't have passports need only show government-issued I.D. and a copy of a birth certificate.

Just a thought ... doesn't affect me either way, though!

You are absolutely right...I think the original destination that she was referring to needed a passport so I made the statement perhaps a bit too inclusive. Thanks for the clarification... -ww

formerly...

#51 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the info!

#52 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

Brian,

Wait till you have a 6 footer swimming straight at your head. From 3 feet away, you momentarily forget about how graceful they are. Your entire focus changes to, "I don't wanna look like breakfast."

Walter

That's about the time I need to go to the surface and empty my wet suit! LOL

#53 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:26 PM

Marla,

I experienced that in the Gulf when I was making my safety stop after spearfishing solo in 130 feet of water on Brian's 32nd birthday.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#54 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:43 PM

I voted for NC - sitting here in India, NC IS exotic! :P

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :-D Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!! Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!! :twist:

(Another Warm Water Wussie chimes in {sorry, Dr Bill ;) })

NC it is!!! :)

Tell 'em to stock up on Smirnoff Ice & lots of good music to dance on the tables to! :elf:

Oh, yeah- those sharks better watch out for me- if they bother me they won't know what bit them! :diver:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#55 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

Dancing on the tables?

Marvel, we gotta go diving soon!

DSSW,

WWW™

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

I voted for NC - sitting here in India, NC IS exotic! :P

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? ;) Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!! Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!! :elf:

(Another Warm Water Wussie chimes in {sorry, Dr Bill :P })

NC it is!!! :diver:

Tell 'em to stock up on Smirnoff Ice & lots of good music to dance on the tables to! :-D

Oh, yeah- those sharks better watch out for me- if they bother me they won't know what bit them! :twist:

Ok on the Smirnoff...we'll have it at our first day of diving BBQ and the sharks will NOT mess with you....that I can assure you of...as for being a www....welcome to my world!!!

Too cool...so which trip are you interested in going on? July or Oct?

Actually the only real sharks I'll have to protect you from will be the land sharks!!! The Atlantic Sand Tigers are no problem compared to the land sharks!!! LOL!!! :)

formerly...

#57 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

Marla,

I experienced that in the Gulf when I was making my safety stop after spearfishing solo in 130 feet of water on Brian's 32nd birthday.

Walter

YIKES!

What did you do to fend off the shark?

#58 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:33 PM

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :-D  Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!!  Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!!   :twist:

A DOCILE SHARK?? Now that's the kinda shark I would like to see. The whole Seafood festival and diving sounds like alot of fun!

Great...sounds like Walter, WG, Nikk, Dandy Don and Jerry and I are doing NC in October or you can do the 4th of July weekend??

Differences: Oct is right after huricane season so the best options for finding stuff. The water is still very warm...low 80's and high 70's but the air temps can start to cool a bit so you need a boat coat! Cooler water means more sharks and yes they are docile.

4th of July is warm air in the 80's and 90's and warm water...usually in mid to low 80's. They just had high 68 this past weekend in April so by July it will be super nice! Warmer water means less sharks but more of other marine life.

Full details will be posted soon so you can start signing up! -ww

July may be a possiblity for me.. I'll check out my schedule.. and get back to you asap.

#59 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:36 PM

What did you do to fend off the shark?

I thought I already told you -

Your entire focus changes to, "I don't wanna look like breakfast."

So I didn't.

DSSW,

WWW™

#60 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:59 PM

Tell 'em to stock up on Smirnoff Ice & lots of good music to dance on the tables to! :twist:

[in my best Homer Simpson voice]

mmmmmmmmm.... table dances!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users