• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

LAST CALL: Future SingleDivers trip destinations?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD! (130 member(s) have cast votes)

LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD!

1. Bonaire (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Roatan/Honduras (6 votes [4.62%])

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

3. North Carolina (typically run in July, Aug & Oct) (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Belize (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

5. Hawaii (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

6. Cozumel (How about Jan and Oct) (13 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. Costa Rica or Honduras (thinking about combining the trip with a toy drive for local children around mid-Dec timeframe) (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Texas Flower Gardens (Hammar Heads, Whale Sharks, & more!) (18 votes [13.85%])

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

9. Grenada...pristine private beaches...4 hrs from San Juan (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

10. Somewhere really exotic like the South Pacific...expensive $3k+ but worth it! (24 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

11. Don't care....just sign me up where ever you are going! (8 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 March 2004 - 09:31 PM

I'm going June 1st thru the 9th back to Tamarindo CR. I made alot of friends there and we stay intouch alot. Lucas the dive op owner is going to dive with me this time and take us to some spots that they dont take the normal tourist (gringo's) to. A friend and I have had this planned and booked for awhile now :D So Blublood and Sapphire and all the other photographer's be looking for those pic's when I come back :)

Be safe...and make sure you are good to go...ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:04 PM

There are so many places it's tough to pick one. Some places I want to go to but haven't been yet are: Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Bahamas, Galapagos, Coco Island, PNG, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Red Sea, BVI, Channel Islands, Micronesia and many many more. So basically line up the trips I'm not to picky. The only thing that stops me from diving more is work. Maybe I should change my line of work :cool2:

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:40 AM

There are so many places it's tough to pick one. Some places I want to go to but haven't been yet are: Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Bahamas, Galapagos, Coco Island, PNG, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Red Sea, BVI, Channel Islands, Micronesia and many many more. So basically line up the trips I'm not to picky. The only thing that stops me from diving more is work. Maybe I should change my line of work :D

Yes me too....but wait a minute...I just did!!! Change my line of work!!! LOL!!!

Oh yes.... :cool1:

Great! I'm glad we will see you on some future SD.com trips!! Too bad we have to wait until next year....UNLESS you can sneak one of the smaller trips in like NC or NM or something fun like that!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:51 AM

Of course I'd love to dive a few erotic (er, I mean exotic) locations. Anyone interested in San Andres, the relatively pristine Columbian island off the coast of Nicaragua? You can get there from San Jose, Costa Rica. How about an African dive destination... Red Sea would be fantastic but for the current political situation. South Africa? West Coast?

Unfortunately I rarely make short-term (1-2 week) dive trips, prefering to do longer term (2-3 month) backpacking/diving trips that maximize bottom time in each location for video purposes. However Bonaire is definitely of interest although this year I'm already scheduled to work in the Sea of Cortez during the Dive Fest.

Dr. Bill

#35 Sweeper

Sweeper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:37 AM

I'd love :sweetie: to go to someplace exotic place half way around the world! It would cost a couple of normal trips, but with enough notice I would make it work!

I met a guy in Grand Cayman who had scuba'd aroound the world (he was a private pilot for a rich guy). His favorite place was the Maldives. But I'll go anywhere you go.

Michael
We can have what we want or our reasons why not!

#36 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:04 AM

Of course I'd love to dive a few erotic (er, I mean exotic) locations. Anyone interested in San Andres, the relatively pristine Columbian island off the coast of Nicaragua?
l

OOhhh!! You're just saying San Andres to get me worked up!! I'd LOVE to go there!!

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:29 AM

Of course I'd love to dive a few erotic (er, I mean exotic) locations. Anyone interested in San Andres, the relatively pristine Columbian island off the coast of Nicaragua? You can get there from San Jose, Costa Rica. How about an African dive destination... Red Sea would be fantastic but for the current political situation. South Africa? West Coast?

Unfortunately I rarely make short-term (1-2 week) dive trips, prefering to do longer term (2-3 month) backpacking/diving trips that maximize bottom time in each location for video purposes. However Bonaire is definitely of interest although this year I'm already scheduled to work in the Sea of Cortez during the Dive Fest.

Dr. Bill

Oooh No!! Dr. Bill.....I never seem to get the diving gods lined up where you are concerned!!! :D

Hey Welcome to the Board!!! Have you done an official "Welcome Intro" yet??? I hope so...great to see you here!! I know you'll find it lots of fun!!! :o

I'd love to do some of the places you are talking about...we just need more people up for it as well. Of course if they ever dove with you...I'm sure your charm would captivate everyone into signing up!! LOL!!! :P

Ok...getting a bit deep...I think I just went into deco on that one....gotta do an extra long safety stop...-ww :sweetie:

formerly...

#38 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:25 PM

I voted for NC - sitting here in India, NC IS exotic! :fish2:
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#39 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:47 PM

I voted for NC - sitting here in India, NC IS exotic! :dazzler:

LOL! Well, I'm changing my vote to Lakshadweep!

:D
coppermaus

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

I voted for NC - sitting here in India, NC IS exotic! ;)

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :cool2: Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!! Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!! :cool2:

formerly...

#41 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:43 AM

Ok i'm sold - NC here I come!! :cool2:
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#42 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:57 AM

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :-D Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!! Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!! :twist:

A DOCILE SHARK?? Now that's the kinda shark I would like to see. The whole Seafood festival and diving sounds like alot of fun!

#43 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hey North Carolina Wreck and Sharkdiving is VERY exotic regardless of where you are sitting....where else can you dive on a German U-Boat....or a WWI wreck...or a civil war wreck or even tons of U-Boat victims???? Oh did I mention the really cool but VERY DOCILE sharks???? :-D  Atlantic Sand Tiger Sharks are VERY DOCILE but really cool!! And they are EVERYWHERE....did I mention 80-85 degree water and 70-150 ft of vis????? :P

YEP...for all you warm water wussies like me.....North Carolina is your cup of tea!!!  Hope to see you all there...we have not one but two trips to NC this year!!! Check it out....4th of July and the first weekend in October...Seafood Festival!!!  :rolleyes:

A DOCILE SHARK?? Now that's the kinda shark I would like to see. The whole Seafood festival and diving sounds like alot of fun!

To my understanding, most sharks are docile. I don't see them much in the Great Lakes, LOL. I would settle for seeing ANY shark for that reason.

The only shark that I have ever seen was in Providenciales on my first ocean dive. I feel a tug on my fin. It was the DM. There was a reef shark swimming about 4 ft. from me down and to my left (the wall was to my right and I was looking in nooks and crannies there). It was awesome to see. They are so graceful.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#44 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:53 AM

Brian,

Wait till you have a 6 footer swimming straight at your head. From 3 feet away, you momentarily forget about how graceful they are. Your entire focus changes to, "I don't wanna look like breakfast."

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#45 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

Brian,

Wait till you have a 6 footer swimming straight at your head.  From 3 feet away, you momentarily forget about how graceful they are.  Your entire focus changes to, "I don't wanna look like breakfast."

Walter

Would that be anything like stingrays that like as large as me thinking that playing chicken is fun because divers used to feed them?

I guess that I figure that if a shark wants me for breakfast, I can't stop him. I am a visitor in his world and he is a faster swimmer than me on a good day. So what good does it do to be frightened at that point? Either he will or he won't decide that a "Brian sandwich" sounds like it belongs on the menu that day. And we all know that scuba tanks taste terrible. Of course that is easy to say when they are swimming away from you instead of towards you like that stingray that wanted to be my buddy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Diverbrian, 06 April 2004 - 10:30 AM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users