• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

This is not a dating organization.... but stuff happened....

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#76 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:04 AM

I would bet a case of Corona that what you saw were sandbars.

Probably so - I thought Sandbars were more brown than what I remember of the ones I saw. Either way it was an impressive sight. They made several passes on the wreck as we were diving, and had this unnerving habit of overtaking divers with a "fly-by" from behind.

Thanks to Larry for the recommendation on the Starfish Enterprise.

I dive that area quite a bit myself, and always use Dive Charters International out of the Sea Mist Marina. I have known Capt Leo Sand for almost 10 years and consider him a good friend. He's one of the finest boat captains I have ever seen - a "no nonsense" guy who really knows the reefs well.
Will DIR for food!

#77 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Congratulations Carol and Larry! May you spend many more years together making wonderful memories!!!!

Good choice for me! What do you think Larry?

Is that another proposal?
Makes the 3rd one for me on this trip. I think that is a record.
ANd yep we have and could hang some memories on the wall.
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

Congratulations Carol and Larry! May you spend many more years together making wonderful memories!!!!

Good choice for me! What do you think Larry?

Is that another proposal?
Makes the 3rd one for me on this trip. I think that is a record.
ANd yep we have and could hang some memories on the wall.

I am having trouble understanding why the games with this engagement. The correct answer has already been given.

YES....there were a lot of proposals on this trip...
YES...was said several times...
YES....the winner has been correctly guessed...
YES...the contest has been fun which is easy to see...
YES...we will announce it soon once the prize has been secured and the accounting firm of grabber & urchin verifies the final winner!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#79 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:31 AM

And the rumors are still flying!!!!
The Orcaman!!!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#80 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:48 AM

The word for the trip was "BOLD"
Larry T, the Orcaman!

#81 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:03 AM

So can I just cheat and post every combination on the trip? I'll do this tmrrw... hell I'll make it easy on myself and write a 2 min program to do it for me :cool1:

you mean something like this list for possibilities minus the MBBL's?New Page 1
The Guys
Keith
Tim
Bill
William
Shae
Larry
Norm

The Ladies
WW
Kim
Sandy
Amy
Karen
Que
Amy(BB)
Carol

Possible Combinations: (7M * 8L)  so the odds of pure guessing without clues is 1 in 56

Keith & WW
Keith & Kim
Keith &  Sandy
Keith & Amy
Keith & Karen
Keith & Que
Keith & Amy (BB)
Keith & Carol
Tim &  WW
Tim & Kim
Tim & Sandy
Tim & Amy 
Tim & Karen
Tim & Que
Tim & Amy (BB)
Tim & Carol
Bill & WW
Bill & Kim
Bill & Sandy
Bill & Amy
Bill & Karen
Bill & Que
Bill & Amy (BB)
Bill & Carol
William & WW
William & Kim
|William & Sandy
William & Amy
William & Karen
William & Que
William & Amy (BB)
William & Carol
Shae & WW
Shae & Kim
Shae & Sandy
Shae & Amy
Shae & Que
Shae & Amy (BB)
Shae & Karen
Shae & Carol
Larry & WW
Larry & Kim
Larry & Sandy
Larry & Amy
Larry & Que
Larry & Amy (BB)
Larry & Karen
Larry & Carol

Norm & WW
Norm & Kim
Norm & Sandy
Norm & Amy
Norm & Que
Norm & Amy (BB)
Norm & Karen
Norm & Carol

also no program needed i did that one in my head in about 1 minute. The handcoded HTML took a little longer. :wakawaka:

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#82 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:58 AM

I guess Larry and Norm. Brokeback U-boat and all that.

#83 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

I guess Larry and Norm. Brokeback U-boat and all that.

I guess you don't know either me or Norm.
No #%#$%$ way!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

#84 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Ah what the heck. I haven't guessed anybody. I'll guess Larry & Norm.

(No particular reason guys)
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#85 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

[Makes the 3rd [poroposal] for me on this trip. I think that is a record.

Are you counting the one from Mandrake (Mandy) the monkey?

That's a tough one to beat.

I think you had better release those pics so the contenders know what they were up against.

I've never seen a smile like that on a monkey before.

:wakawaka:
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#86 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

Well this has all been fun and I have enjoyed playing along, but I am afraid that someone is going to get hurt. Everybody here in SC knows that Bill Routh and Cassie have been together a long time. She is very devoted to him. She doesn't dive and is even a bit afraid of the water. She had a traumatic experience when she was a young gal and just hasn't been able to shake it. Even so Bill seems to just adore her and she him. They seem to have love one another for and accept each other just as they are. I know they spend a lot of time together and she has some of her stuff at his place

The last time I was with them together Bill sauntered over to her and looked deep into her eyes and said I love you and she said I love you back. Now, I think Bill was wanting to make a spectacle of the two on them and wanted everyone to hear her say I love you back, so he said it again even louder and then she returned the words. It was a it bit of a spectacle, but also a tender sweet moment. Jocassegirl was with me and we just looked at each other.

Now, I would hate to think how she might feel if she came across this thread claiming that Bill was hooking up with the Wench! Cassie is very sweet and tender soul and I know Bill would never do anything to hurt her. I think they will be together for life. She is a beautiful tall slender gal and her eyes light up like the stars when she and Bill are together. I can't see anything that would drive them apart even the Wench as beautiful as she might be!!! I just don't see it happening.

Carol, have you picked out your china pattern? Will the wedding be above or below the surface? With so many proposals was it hard to choose which fish you wanted to keep and which ones needed to be thrown back in the ocean???

#87 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Well this has all been fun and I have enjoyed playing along, but I am afraid that someone is going to get hurt. Everybody here in SC knows that Bill Routh and Cassie have been together a long time. She is very devoted to him. She doesn't dive and is even a bit afraid of the water. She had a traumatic experience when she was a young gal and just hasn't been able to shake it. Even so Bill seems to just adore her and she him. They seem to have love one another for and accept each other just as they are. I know they spend a lot of time together and she has some of her stuff at his place

The last time I was with them together Bill sauntered over to her and looked deep into her eyes and said I love you and she said I love you back. Now, I think Bill was wanting to make a spectacle of the two on them and wanted everyone to hear her say I love you back, so he said it again even louder and then she returned the words. It was a it bit of a spectacle, but also a tender sweet moment. Jocassegirl was with me and we just looked at each other.

Now, I would hate to think how she might feel if she came across this thread claiming that Bill was hooking up with the Wench! Cassie is very sweet and tender soul and I know Bill would never do anything to hurt her. I think they will be together for life. She is a beautiful tall slender gal and her eyes light up like the stars when she and Bill are together. I can't see anything that would drive them apart even the Wench as beautiful as she might be!!! I just don't see it happening.

Carol, have you picked out your china pattern? Will the wedding be above or below the surface? With so many proposals was it hard to choose which fish you wanted to keep and which ones needed to be thrown back in the ocean???

Well, I wasn't going to bring up Cassie, but since it's out now . . . you're right! Better mind your P's and Q's, OTWDiver . . . (as my mama used to say). :wakawaka: I'm very protective of her feelings, you know.
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#88 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:56 AM

[Makes the 3rd [poroposal] for me on this trip. I think that is a record.

Are you counting the one from Mandrake (Mandy) the monkey?

That's a tough one to beat.

I think you had better release those pics so the contenders know what they were up against.

I've never seen a smile like that on a monkey before.

:wakawaka:

Nope forgot about the monkey, that is 4, and the pix have been released. I no longer am in charge of them.
Talk to the accounting firm.
Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

#89 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:32 AM

Great minds think alike. Look at the time stamp on Fairybasslet and my posts. We were typing them around the same time. Her's wasn't posted when I read the thread, weird huh?
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#90 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

Great minds think alike. Look at the time stamp on Fairybasslet and my posts. We were typing them around the same time. Her's wasn't posted when I read the thread, weird huh?

That is freaky. I hope this doesn't mean we're engaged. I'm sure you're a nice guy and everything, but I would never consider it unless I met you first.:wakawaka:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users