• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 SPOT LEFT! July 4-9 2007 North Carolina 4th of July dive on History!!!

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#31 WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Dry Suite, Nitronix
  • Logged Dives:42

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

Kamala

I'm sending anther check in the mail tommorow. I did remeber my screen name and the trip info on this one.

Can I switch my trip from driving to flying in. My mom wants to come and it will be her first time on a airplane.

Thanks Jerry

#32 WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

WaterDragon

over the 4th there was only 2 dives where the current came up but it wasnt that bad you couldnt swim againist.

as for the ascents and descents its reccomended that you follow the anchor line down which is hooked into the wreck by the divemaster. Also they really discourage free descents and ascents as if you hit mid column currents you could totally get blown off the wreck and you would be in no mans land.

I will dig up the picture that shows the rigging under the boat for safety stops

Tooth

You are absolutely right about the free descents! I have done @ 40 wreck dives on the NC coast and the ONLY time I did a free ascent or descents was for my one of my certs (deep or wreck?).

Also, for all those concerned about the currents, I did my first wreck dive (110 ft) after only 11 dives in quarry/calm water. Never should have gone so soon or without a wreck certification - what are friends for? It was a stormy day with 10 ft swells and I was more than happy to get in the water! :-) Honestly, in my experience, the currents have not been that bad. The wrecks are awesome and the dives incredible!! But as someone mentioned, wreck dives on the NC coast are not for everyone.

P.S. I have brought friends wreck diving that had never been. Some refused to take anything for seasickness (Triptone for me). "I never get sick on boats" - famous last words. 90% of them spent the trip home feeding the sea creatures! :welcome:

Thanks I never been sick sea either but I will take our advisement seriously. I was going to ask about the waves and sick seaness.

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

Kamala

I'm sending anther check in the mail tommorow. I did remeber my screen name and the trip info on this one.

Can I switch my trip from driving to flying in. My mom wants to come and it will be her first time on a airplane.

Thanks Jerry

Sure you can change to flying in. Will you need a room for your mother? There are lots of things she can do in the local area...shopping, sight seeing, historical activities and more.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

I'm in.

Check will be in the mail at the end of this week.

PlatypusMan.
... Sparky is excited. I don't know why.

Excellent...I'm thinking this will be the last year for 2+ trips a year. As much as I love NC...we just have too many great trip offerings for people.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#35 WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

Kamala

Thanks Jerry

Sure you can change to flying in. Will you need a room for your mother? There are lots of things she can do in the local area...shopping, sight seeing, historical activities and more.

No she will be at my brothers while I'm diving those 4 days. He lives just an hour north so I will borrow a vechile from him to come to Moorehead City to dive then go back to his place for a couble of more days befopre flying out. Thanks for the offer tough.

Jerry

#36 WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:43 AM

I have a question when I dove in Bonaire I used 16 lbs with 80 now with 100s would one tipicaly use more or less weight?

My thinking is one would used a little bit more because the volume that you use is more thus when the tank is empty it is problay more boyent the an 80.

Is this thinking correct or would you use less weight because the tank simple weighs more in general?
:P

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:09 AM

I have a question when I dove in Bonaire I used 16 lbs with 80 now with 100s would one tipicaly use more or less weight?

My thinking is one would used a little bit more because the volume that you use is more thus when the tank is empty it is problay more boyent the an 80.

Is this thinking correct or would you use less weight because the tank simple weighs more in general?
:P

This is an excellent question that people love to answer in our general diving category! So asking it there will get you lots of answers! It really depends on whether the tank is alum or steel. Some 100's are alum and some are steel. Ask the question for both so you know!

formerly...

#38 WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

:thankyou:

This is an excellent question that people love to answer in our general diving category! So asking it there will get you lots of answers! It really depends on whether the tank is alum or steel. Some 100's are alum and some are steel. Ask the question for both so you know!

ok should I ask there or here? I'm going to dive with 100 so I was mostly intrested in them but I didn't take in the fack that some was stell and some alum.

Thanks

#39 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:DM - 11 certifications, goal is DI
  • Logged Dives:170+

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hi Kamala,
I just put check in the mail here at work. Sign me up for 4 nights and nitrox please! Thanks and hope you had a great holiday!

Amy
Shark Bait and Loving It!
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:54 AM

Hi Kamala,
I just put check in the mail here at work. Sign me up for 4 nights and nitrox please! Thanks and hope you had a great holiday!

Amy

Great! Will you need rental tanks or just fills for your own tanks? And are you diving Nitrox or air?

formerly...

#41 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hi Kamala,

Amy

Great! Will you need rental tanks or just fills for your own tanks? And are you diving Nitrox or air?

I just need fills and will be diving Nitrox. Thanks!
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#42 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hi Kamala,

Amy

I just need fills and will be diving Nitrox. Thanks!

Excellent!

I've update the first thread

#43 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hey everyone...it is tradition for us to do several annual North Carolina Wreck and Shark Diving adventures a year! And 2007 will be no exception! We'll be staying at the Fisherman's Inn or Comfort Inn and diving with the Midnight Express out of Morehead City.

We'll arrive the 4th and celebrate the reason for the season as they say! But we'll do it on history and surrounded by history! We'll dive the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th and drive in divers will depart on the 8th and fly in divers will depart on the 9th!

Don't miss this one...we'll only have 2 trips to NC this year...July and October!

Hi everyone!
I want to let you know that there is a great book called "Shipwrecks - Diving the Graveyard of the Atlantic" by Roderick Farb. It gives great historical information about the wrecks, pictures, description of dive sites, etc.... This is our Bible here in NC for wreck diving. It only costs about $15 and I would think they sell it on Amazon.

The diving on the coast of NC is spectacular!! I hope you will join us!

Amy
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#44 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:34 AM

Put me on the interested list, I would be driving down I-95 so if anyone wants to car pool speak up.
Maybe this time I'll actually get to see U-352 :dance: I've been blown out five times and just so the Wench doesn't have to point it out, none of those other trips were with SingleDivers. :fish: :P
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#45 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

Put me on the interested list, I would be driving down I-95 so if anyone wants to car pool speak up.
Maybe this time I'll actually get to see U-352 :dance: I've been blown out five times and just so the Wench doesn't have to point it out, none of those other trips were with SingleDivers. :fish: :P

I've added you to the list, LA

We made it out to the U-352 in October and July is usually better weather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users