• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! (11 women 5 men) August 16-23 2007 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#481 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

And I thought the only reason to go onthis trip was to see whale sharks! Oh, and to be a kabana boy... :dancing:

See if you can change seats and get to hear about flax seed for 2-1/2 hours. :D

Yeah, I need to hear some of that. The last 2 months I have been very bad, and I have a 150 mile ride and then a marathon coming up. After this week I am all about discipline. Until then, party on I guess.
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#482 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

Private taxi that far is exceedingly expensive. That is why the group logistics work so well!

Yeah, guess so. Maybe taxi to the centoes we'll dive to catch up to the bus there? Could call my cell the night before to confirm which one.

Looks like TS Erin is just gonna give the Rio Grande rain, not even bother our flight path....

Posted Image

Looks like TS Dean is thinking about disrupting our whaleshark snorkeling, but I'm an optimist - he wouldn't dare....

Posted Image

DD you think your trip is being messed up, im planning for a hurricane party here in PR, i just hope it stays south, because i dont want it going over the top of me.]

in any case you all have fun on this trip, and have a mojito or rita for me.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#483 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

DD you think your trip is being messed up, im planning for a hurricane party here in PR, i just hope it stays south, because i dont want it going over the top of me.]

Nah! Oh I did talk to my trip insurance carrier about what coverage I have if a hurricane develops and doesn't change course, but both are unlikely still. Cozumel has less than a 10% of even a TS hit at the moment, Holbox even less.

in any case you all have fun on this trip, and have a mojito or rita for me.

Yep! I'll be the one they make fun of for bringing my mini LDS with me, unless they need something. :dancing:

WW better room me with a coffee drinker. It'd be a waste otherwise...

Edited by DandyDon, 15 August 2007 - 12:45 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#484 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Nah! Oh I did talk to my trip insurance carrier about what coverage I have if a hurricane develops and doesn't change course, but both are unlikely still. Cozumel has less than a 10% of even a TS hit at the moment, Holbox even less.

DD - Where did you get this info?
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#485 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

In case you are confused...here is my flight info:

705 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Aug 16, 2007
10:10 AM CZM Cozumel Aug 16, 2007
12:45 PM

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#486 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Kamala
I'm here A little cloudy but still great. However, I'm the only one signed for diving tomorrow & if they don't get 3 more the boat won't go. :dancing: If I don't get out they are waiting until 6pm to decide I'll need some help as I prepaid for that. Can't get into my home acct so don't send a PM. No worries!
Room has nice view. Thanks

#487 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

I phoned the company, but I used the same one I've always used - not the one offered here, so I can't give you numbers?

As it is, Miami and the vast majority of the Caribe are at greater risk than Coz/Cancun. Yeah it's currently aimed that way, but anything projected 5 days out is a really just speculation. We could discuss what-ifs, but - it's really a non-issue for now.

I'm the only one signed for diving tomorrow & if they don't get 3 more the boat won't go.

Hi Deb!

I just got off the phone with Kamala, and she mentioned leaving for the bank, so it may be an hour or more before she can respond. MY thot is that no - there won't be enough SD.com divers there for a boat tomorrow, but can they not get you onto another boat with some nice divers...?

Kamala may have a totally different view, tho...?

Edited by DandyDon, 15 August 2007 - 03:28 PM.

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#488 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:41 PM

:dancing: :D :teeth: The boat is going and I AM ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

#489 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

:dancing: :D :teeth: The boat is going and I AM ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun Deb!

BTW - That's not my last name (ref: PM)

See you tomorrow.

Barb
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#490 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

I phoned the company, but I used the same one I've always used - not the one offered here, so I can't give you numbers?

As it is, Miami and the vast majority of the Caribe are at greater risk than Coz/Cancun. Yeah it's currently aimed that way, but anything projected 5 days out is a really just speculation. We could discuss what-ifs, but - it's really a non-issue for now.

I'm the only one signed for diving tomorrow & if they don't get 3 more the boat won't go.

Hi Deb!

I just got off the phone with Kamala, and she mentioned leaving for the bank, so it may be an hour or more before she can respond. MY thot is that no - there won't be enough SD.com divers there for a boat tomorrow, but can they not get you onto another boat with some nice divers...?

Kamala may have a totally different view, tho...?

I was asking about the weather info.. not your insurance info. Sorry I wasn't clear....

#491 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

Glad you got on a boat Deb. Don't know what the problem was, but solved solved.

I was asking about the weather info.. not your insurance info. Sorry I wasn't clear....

Oh, ok: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov I see that Erin has drifted north a little, but I think I can get in and out of Houston before he might. Looks like everyone but Stingray and me are coming out of DFW, and your planes can just fly a little more to the east.

"You want beans with that?" Posted Image

#492 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Have a great trip everyone! Don't worry about the weather. Every little thing's gonna be alright!! :D :dancing:

#493 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

Ok, I'm packed. Nearly forgot my dive camera, but didn't. I think I have everything in the back of the pickup except my laptop bag. Got a 6" subway for lunch since they don't feed on this flight. Hell, even if they did, I think I'd like my subway better.

Need to get a nap, then leave at 2:30am, but not sleepy. I guess this is why I'm always hammered the first day.

#494 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

Troubles getting out of Lubbock...!

I dunno? Cont Air's computer called to tell me I needed to check my flight status online or by phone. Online says there is a problem in Lubbock, but when I update status - no problem. Information delayed....?

Phone agents tell me the flight is canceled for equipment problems, and the next flight they can get me on is 4-something, into Cancun at 9pm or Cozumel 24 hours late. It all sucks.

I'm headed for Lubbock anyway, to see if I can make a stanby on their 7-something plane with open seats on the connecting flight to Coz today, arriving 2-something this afternoon.

:cheerleader:

Edited by DandyDon, 16 August 2007 - 12:40 AM.

#495 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:00 AM

Troubles getting out of Lubbock...!

I dunno? Cont Air's computer called to tell me I needed to check my flight status online or by phone. Online says there is a problem in Lubbock, but when I update status - no problem. Information delayed....?

Phone agents tell me the flight is canceled for equipment problems, and the next flight they can get me on is 4-something, into Cancun at 9pm or Cozumel 24 hours late. It all sucks.

I'm headed for Lubbock anyway, to see if I can make a stanby on their 7-something plane with open seats on the connecting flight to Coz today, arriving 2-something this afternoon.

:cheerleader:

Good luck Don...thanks for the heads up...call me later this morning with any updates. Going to crash now.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users