• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! (11 women 5 men) August 16-23 2007 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#511 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

I want to say again that I hope all of you make it out OK. Stay safe. Bummer about the rest of the trip though. I was contemplating going on this because it sounded so cool but I didn't have the $. I guess sometimes it's a blessing to be broke, huh?

#512 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

I want to say again that I hope all of you make it out OK. Stay safe. Bummer about the rest of the trip though. I was contemplating going on this because it sounded so cool but I didn't have the $. I guess sometimes it's a blessing to be broke, huh?

Its good to be home and safe. The reports I read last is for the storm to hit south of Cozumel which is good for everyone. Hopefully it will mean safe passage for everyone and the ability to go back soon!

#513 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

I am in Cancun at the Radisson sunning by the pool listening to soft jazz with hammering going on in the background as they move mattresses to the lower levels and board the place up.......Diver Doll and I fly out in the am so all should be well and we will be home tomorrow evening! Scuba Chic Paula left this am and Phyllis is still in Coz till tomorrow as well!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#514 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

I am in Cancun at the Radisson sunning by the pool listening to soft jazz with hammering going on in the background as they move mattresses to the lower levels and board the place up.......Diver Doll and I fly out in the am so all should be well and we will be home tomorrow evening! Scuba Chic Paula left this am and Phyllis is still in Coz till tomorrow as well!

Hope you don't have any trouble with your flights. You guys are cutting it close. :D

#515 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

Paula and gang....
Let us know as soon as you are home. That will be a great piece of news! I got home this afternoon, after 25 travel hours. My luggage is still vacationing. :D

We look forward to continuing the party at some future date. Thanks to all for being such a a great bunch of strangers-turned-friends. Safe travels to all! -sylvia / cat fish

#516 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Delta has moved up my flight from Cozy to Atlanta from 2:40 PM to 11:40 AM tomorrow. I am much more comfortable with that. The weather here is gorgeous with a very comfortable temperature and a gentle breeze. I'll post again tomorrow. I'm hoping to get on to a flight direct to Houston instead of ATL, so I'll leave for the airport early tomorrow.
Phyllis

#517 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

Delta has moved up my flight from Cozy to Atlanta from 2:40 PM to 11:40 AM tomorrow. I am much more comfortable with that. The weather here is gorgeous with a very comfortable temperature and a gentle breeze. I'll post again tomorrow. I'm hoping to get on to a flight direct to Houston instead of ATL, so I'll leave for the airport early tomorrow.

That's good news. We'll all feel much better when you are back home. Keep us posted.

#518 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Check in with us when you get back girl. Travel safe!!

Barb
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#519 tgnjim

tgnjim

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hi all,
Well I made it into MN safe & sound. But I'm kicking myself now. I didn't need to be here until Thursday. I should have gone to FL & done some more dives with Deb!!! And believe it or not, Dean is affecting the weaqther here as well. It is raining hard and major flooding has caused 2 deaths already.

Jim

#520 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hi all,
Well I made it into MN safe & sound. But I'm kicking myself now. I didn't need to be here until Thursday. I should have gone to FL & done some more dives with Deb!!! And believe it or not, Dean is affecting the weaqther here as well. It is raining hard and major flooding has caused 2 deaths already.

Jim

Glad to hear you made it home safe.

#521 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

Hi all,

Jim

Glad you made it home safe Jim. Hopefully, the last two are on their way out now.

If it makes you feel any better... I tried to dive out of West Palm yesterday afternoon. Most of the boats didn't run due to high seas. We did a shore dive at the Blue Heron bridge. Had a great time making the best of our situations.

Barb

Edited by DiverBabs, 20 August 2007 - 11:08 AM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#522 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

Please read the official trip report thread and add your own trip adventures and experiences...as short as it was...it truly was as ScubaDrew said...a ONE DAY WONDER!!!

Click here for trip report and click here for the official SD trip photo gallery!

p.s. the gallery is missing pictures...please post some in it! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#523 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

Hey everyone...as is usual you'll receive an pn/email from us with info and updates about the hurricane status, etc as well as other matters of concern pertaining to the trip. We have set up a special forum that the trip participants will have access too since we have some post-hurricane clean up to do as they say!

Be looking for the pm if a premier member or email if a standard member today.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#524 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Question: Were you ordered to evacuate? I remember when I was in the Keys with my son, we were ordered to evacuate so when I called the airline to get a flight out, I didn't have to pay a change fee. If there's not an official order, the airlines make you pay for a new flight? I wonder if trip insurance covers all of the expense.

#525 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

Question: Were you ordered to evacuate? I remember when I was in the Keys with my son, we were ordered to evacuate so when I called the airline to get a flight out, I didn't have to pay a change fee. If there's not an official order, the airlines make you pay for a new flight? I wonder if trip insurance covers all of the expense.

No we were not ordered to leave the island. We all made independent decisions to leave as it became apparent that we had a cat 4 almost a cat 5 storm approaching us and was not veering off. People took any flight that they could. If they have trip insurance some of it or perhaps all will be covered. If they did not then what price do you put on your life?

Not to sound crass but those who booked direct tickets on any carrier they could got out the soonest for the least amount of money. Those who tried to get their original flights changed fared the worst either getting disconnected or losing precious time as the hordes of people started flooding the carriers with change requests.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users