• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! (11 women 5 men) August 16-23 2007 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

Important Trip Update Information:

I have gotten replies back to our questions and will post in the main thread as well.

Q. What is the cost of extra dives both a 3rd and 4th afternoon tank?
A. We can do a special 3rd tank dive including lunch for $30 a person extra for your group. I am checking with the dive shop on the price of the 4th dive. And you have unlimited shore diving.

Q. What is the cost of nitrox
A. $10.00 per tank per person paid in advance as a group.

Q. How many 100cf tanks you all have and if there is an extra charge for them.
A. We have about 10 but if you let them know in advance then we can try to set them aside for you at no extra charge for your group. You know we love your group!

Q. Is your compressor working?
A. The compressor right now is not working but they tell me with in a month that it should be working. This is Mexican time, however by summer it should be working.

Q. And is the dive shop finished?
A. The shop is finished and the boat is picking up from the pier.

Q. Do you have storage lockers or will we need to do the closet thing or boat thing like we did last time?
A. We have 30 lockers tip: once you get here have everybody bring their own locks and get a locker when they arrive. If you do not have enough we can get you a room.

COOL Guys and Gals!!! How many want to do a 3rd dive on one of our days??? I'm in for the $3rd tank dive and lunch for $30!!! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

Thanks, all sounds good except maybe the third tank dive with lunch. I'd really prefer to return to the hotel for the lunch we've already paid for, then go back out again on another 2-tank afternoon trip on the second dive day - which should be about $50 I'd think? Add $10 for Nitrox on the first dive of the trip, third of the day works for me. This way, anyone who did not want to do more than 2 could just not go back out. But then, if I am in the minority on this - then I'll be fine with whatever the majority of the group wants to do, lunch at a beach club and a third tank on a southern reef and not Villa Blanca reef or such.

I do hope they have the compressor running by August, surely. At any rate, I'll need my pony filled before the first morning, whether they do it on site or have to take it to the central compressor and bring it back before the first trip. I know that this can be a challenge on Cozumel, but it's done.

YES, PUT ME DOWN FOR A 100 CF TANK, PLEASE.

Glad they have the lockers back, as it is neat to leave the gear locked up with one's own lock there and not hump it all back to the room.

Thanks for looking into these...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

The rate for a two tank dive in pm is $58-60 and usually a 3rd only is $40-45. So to get the 3rd tank with lunch on the beach as an add-on is a great deal.

To do any afternoon dives we need 5 people for the boat to go.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#79 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

The rate for a two tank dive in pm is $58-60 and usually a 3rd only is $40-45. So to get the 3rd tank with lunch on the beach as an add-on is a great deal.

To do any afternoon dives we need 5 people for the boat to go.

Count me in!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#80 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

Count me in tooooooooo.

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

Ok are we counting you in for the 3rd dive with lunch for $30 vs the normal $40-45 extra

or

2 extra afternoon dives for $58-60?

Sorry I'm a bit confused. :(

formerly...

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

Important Trip Request:

Several of you have expressed interest in arriving early for this trip to Cozumel. I need to do some preliminary reservations in the system for some extra rooms. Who was interested in arriving in Cozumel early to dive 1-2 days before the start of the trip???

formerly...

#83 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

Ok are we counting you in for the 3rd dive with lunch for $30 vs the normal $40-45 extra

or 2 extra afternoon dives for $58-60? Sorry I'm a bit confused. :(

Ok are we counting you in for the 3rd dive with lunch for $30
The 3rd dive with lunch for $30
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

or 2 extra afternoon dives for $58-60? Sorry I'm a bit confused. :lmao:

Excellent! Got it! Need 3 more to do this trip! Got Paula and I so far!

Note: We have DD doing two dives one afternoon and need 4 more for that boat to make.

formerly...

#85 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:22 PM

Excellent! Got it! Need 3 more to do this trip! Got Paula and I so far!

Note: We have DD doing two dives one afternoon and need 4 more for that boat to make.

You may have missed this post....?

Count me in tooooooooo.

And as I said....

But then, if I am in the minority on this - then I'll be fine with whatever the majority of the group wants to do, lunch at a beach club and a third tank on a southern reef and not Villa Blanca reef or such.

But, of course - we have 4 months before we get there, others who haven't signed on yet or haven't said on this, so I realize there may be many more who will want to do a 3 or 4 tank day - or a night dive?

Their web site doesn't give any info on their boats? Do you know if they run 6/8 packs now, or what?

thanks...!

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

Hey DD didn't miss the point. My point was that we can do both...we need 5 divers to make a boat so we can have 5 who want to do a 3 tank day and 5 who want to do a 4 tank day. I've done both and love both so its all good to me!

As for boats...they have about 4 or 5 boats...we can all be on the same boat if we have 20 or less or be on two different boats. If all on one boat we can have some divers dropped in one location and others dropped in another.

I will decide based upon the mix of the group whether we'll have 1 or 2 boats as we draw closer to the date. People always have preferences but usually the reasons they dislike one vs the other don't apply to us as a big fun group.

formerly...

#87 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

Hey - Please put me down as interested, but can't yet commit. I've got to check on my work schedule.

Is this a good trip for someone who is new to diving? I was certified last fall, and have less than 10 dives under my belt.

Thanks!

Beth Crabtree
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#88 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hey - Please put me down as interested, but can't yet commit. I've got to check on my work schedule.

Is this a good trip for someone who is new to diving? I was certified last fall, and have less than 10 dives under my belt.

Thanks!

Beth Crabtree

Hi Beth!

Yes, it is. As WW was discussing, we might have two boats - with more experienced on one, less experienced on the other, or we might have one - but dive two different sites close enough to each other that the more experienced can do the more challenging, the less experienced the less challenged, and so forth. Cozumel is not guaranteed to be safe for newbies in every case, but you'll be well attended on this trip.

The Cenote dives are a little more advanced, perhaps - but you'll have 3 days of good practice, and only 4 divers to each guide there.

Then the last two days are snorkeling with the gentle giants - so yeah, this is a cool one for a relative newbie. Hope you can make it. :taz:

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

Thanks!

Beth

Hi Beth, most of our trips are for novice/new divers as well as more advanced divers. We also allow you to hire a DM as your personal buddy for the trip. This is cool because it means you don't have to worry about making your buddy wait for you...they will take all the time you need. You don't have to worry about them coming up early with you...they will dive as long as you dive. You don't have to worry about taking care of them because they are a DM so you can focus on improving YOUR skills and by the end of the trip you'll have learned really good new habits, gotten personalized tips on diving and improved your skills dramatically and of course will of had a great trip. Its cheap...$25 a day and it allows you to focus on having a good time without worrying about being a newbie with your dive buddy.

This option is not required for newer divers wanting to join our trips...but it is available and those who have used it...love it!

New and newer divers are ALWAYS welcome on our trips. Remember we all were new once so the only way you improve is to DIVE! This is as Don says a good trip for new and newer divers! kamala

formerly...

#90 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

Document Update!

We have received our Waiver from Dandy Don!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users