• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! Sept (16)18-29 2007 The Philippines! Yes another S. Pacific Diving Fantasy!

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#61 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

well this could be good. Okay now we just need a few models on this trip as well.

Hee! Hee! I could be one of those! :cool2:

I've done it once or twice before! :lmao:

I've modeled once before - does that count???

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:43 AM

Payment Update:

1. Bill aka grayfins...got your deposit! :cheerleader: (and thanks for adding your screen name and trip name on the check! Plus you give me separate checks for separate trips! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Well my bags made it Monday night some time, they where on the porch when I got back from the bar/bars. U/W camera housing took a big hit on the aluminum band around the len's and the wide angle lens will not attach anymore and one of the manual controls is inop. So it is video only this trip, and I have been able to shoot some good stuff alot of "Nemo's" cousins and Lion Fish & nudibranches. This place is real good for macro alot of crazy looking little stuff, but you have to stay close to the reef. Vis here fluctuates and it is not at it's best right now two days before my first dive the had 90ft. Went to the Alantis yesterday for breakfast nice place in the middle of Sabang Beach. I would suggest you try the other restaurants around town alot of good food to be had. Also when you walk out of the resort turn left on the beach and go to a bar called the "point" I start out there evrey night good view cool place. It is above "Asia Divers" next to El Galleon" where I am staying. Kamala make sure you take the group to "Verde Island " dove there yesterday it was real good diving and the vis was 100ft +, little stuff and BIG schools on the end of the pinnacle but you need to hold on and sit there and watch the action. The whole place is swarming in fish. Leave Sunday for Dumagete and Apo Island will try to make a post from there. This is not a trip report I only am posting here because of your up and coming trip here, and am giving just a little insight on the matter. As a closing note the night life here is alot of fun and several options for all. Later. domino22 from Sabang!!!!!!!

#64 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:16 PM

:wakawaka: :wakawaka: Kamala, Hey long time no hear!!! I'm trying to decide between Australia and the Phillipines. Put me on the list for seriously considering. Kathy

#65 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

:wakawaka: :wakawaka: Kamala, Hey long time no hear!!! I'm trying to decide between Australia and the Phillipines. Put me on the list for seriously considering. Kathy

Hi I will put you on the interested list!

Kamala is out of the country on the Saba trip until the end of the week.

If you are really thinking about the Australia trip , it is going fast!

Karen

#66 Juliwithani

Juliwithani

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

Add me to the trip!

#67 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

I've added you to the 'checks in the mail' list, Juli!

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

Well my bags made it Monday night some time, they where on the porch when I got back from the bar/bars. U/W camera housing took a big hit on the aluminum band around the len's and the wide angle lens will not attach anymore and one of the manual controls is inop. So it is video only this trip, and I have been able to shoot some good stuff alot of "Nemo's" cousins and Lion Fish & nudibranches. This place is real good for macro alot of crazy looking little stuff, but you have to stay close to the reef. Vis here fluctuates and it is not at it's best right now two days before my first dive the had 90ft. Went to the Alantis yesterday for breakfast nice place in the middle of Sabang Beach. I would suggest you try the other restaurants around town alot of good food to be had. Also when you walk out of the resort turn left on the beach and go to a bar called the "point" I start out there evrey night good view cool place. It is above "Asia Divers" next to El Galleon" where I am staying. Kamala make sure you take the group to "Verde Island " dove there yesterday it was real good diving and the vis was 100ft +, little stuff and BIG schools on the end of the pinnacle but you need to hold on and sit there and watch the action. The whole place is swarming in fish. Leave Sunday for Dumagete and Apo Island will try to make a post from there. This is not a trip report I only am posting here because of your up and coming trip here, and am giving just a little insight on the matter. As a closing note the night life here is alot of fun and several options for all. Later. domino22 from Sabang!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update...gang this is WHY YOU GET TRIP INSURANCE...being self-insured can be costly! :D

Great feedback...the vis is supposed to be the best in fall so I'm glad to hear it still pretty good the rest of the year especially at Verde Island. Can't wait for the follow up from the other resort...you are a great scout! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

looking at this trip or Grenada. Done lots of Caribbean diving but only cold CA in the Pacific.
Any cost info on this one? What size groups expected for each? Activities?

We expect 40 people for Grenada and between 20-30 for Philippines! Cost is now set at $3200 which includes air from LAX, all inclusive and 4 boat dives a day! Can't beat a 5 star hotel at 3 star pricing.

Grenada is an entirely different trip but you'll be happy either way...looking forward to seeing you on one of them! -ww

formerly...

#70 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

TRIP UPDATE!

Don't forget that tomorrow the 20th is the last day for the $100 discount for full payment of this trip and the last day to deposit to be included in the chance for free nitrox for the week!

formerly...

#71 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

TRIP UPDATE!

Don't forget that tomorrow the 20th is the last day for the $100 discount for full payment of this trip and the last day to deposit to be included in the chance for free nitrox for the week!

Kamala, how much do I owe you? I want on the list!!!!

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

TRIP UPDATE!

Kamala, how much do I owe you? I want on the list!!!!

Got your payment and your email! Will send you the full details! Thanks! kamala

formerly...

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

Dive Conditions Update:

Vettenorlando is on his celfone so asked me to post what the water temperatures will be during this time of year. Here is info for you:

Dive sites of Puerto Galera are certainly one of the Philippines greatest natural attractions. Preserved and protected for more than 20 years, the abundant species and great ecological complexity earned Puerto Galera the reputation of being the Scuba Diving Capital of the Philippines.

These fringing reefs owe their existence to warm southwards flowing currents of clear water bearing 28º – 30ºC or (82 - 86 F ) temperature almost all year round except in the cold dry months of December, January, February when water temperature drops to at least 24ºC (75 F).

formerly...

#74 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

Finally got home Sunday night and the travel time is well brutal but if you want to play you gotta pay! Good place to play and well worth the travel time, I say that but darn a long time in a plane they just need to make them faster. You will have a good time in Sabang my second week down south including APO Island was good but 14 klicks into town. You have to ride in a tri cycle may have spelled that one wrong but get one with a tall roof! The locals are a little shorter than us from the states. In Sabang you will have the chance to buy 10,000,000 fake Rolex's. I think I said no to 40 of the same folks every day. You know the deal. Would I go back? OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAAA!!!!!!! The problem is 7,107 islands and I only saw three it is a awesome place. The main thing I could say about Sabang is try other restaurants the food there is great and the options are many, you gotta try other places!! Ok my 10cents. Have fun. Jimmy

#75 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Board Status:N/A
  • Logged Dives:Over 2500

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

Kamala...

Made the decision to make this trip.....yesssss! :cool2:

Greneda out... Phillippines in.....

Will send deposit check to you. Please put me on the list.

Thanks!

Wayne (Waterworks)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users