• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What do you notice first...?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#46 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I have very large hands... :birthday:

#47 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:27 PM

What if the woman has big hands and feet?

Big Hands + Big Feet = Big shoes + Big Gloves...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#48 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cert Level:dive master
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

haha yes you can be sure of that

#49 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

I once had a lady tell me she looked at hands first which surprised me a little.

I think that lady looked at hands in the hopes that there was a correlation between hand size and a certain male appendage...so not so surprising after all. The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I've heard hands or feet. I think it's a 50/50 proposition - sometimes yes it means something, sometimes it doesn't :birthday:

I can tell you for sure that's a myth because as I get older my shoe size has gone up and nothing else of importance has! :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#50 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I have very large hands... :birthday:

Ha.....it's all in the advertising! A lot of people really believe the hands/foot-appendage correlation, and that can't hurt a guy like you.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#51 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

I once had a lady tell me she looked at hands first which surprised me a little.

I think that lady looked at hands in the hopes that there was a correlation between hand size and a certain male appendage...so not so surprising after all. The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I've heard hands or feet. I think it's a 50/50 proposition - sometimes yes it means something, sometimes it doesn't :birthday:

I can tell you for sure that's a myth because as I get older my shoe size has gone up and nothing else of importance has! :birthday:

Hey Latitude, if you read that twice you might get embarrased :birthday:

#52 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

Leave it to me to send the thread downhill!

The catch on Latitude Adjustment's statement was priceless - agree that Ray might want to amend his statement.

When underwater, perhaps a new use for lift bags?

Edited by mantarraya, 07 February 2007 - 02:39 PM.

#53 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

Leave it to me to send the thread downhill!

The catch on Latitude Adjustment's statement was priceless - agree that Ray might want to amend his statement.

we are silly today :birthday:

#54 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

Blondes can actually speak? Just teasing ya ladies!

Achem..... Posted Image

#55 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

ya'll would have to answer that!

#56 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

this is a timeless truth, that's for sure!

#57 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:21 PM

Achem..... Posted Image

Running away as fast as I can...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#58 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

Hmmmm....I have to honestly say that I notice different things about different women first. There's no generalization. As a rule, I prefer blondes, but the three women I've been closest to have been two brunettes and a redhead. Go figure.

I've been told that the things a woman notices about a man right from the get-go are fingernails and shoes. I suspect they may not be the FIRST things, but I suspect they're in the top five or so. Ladies, what do you think?

Rick

:birthday:

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

#59 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

CANADA - Nine months of winter; Three months of bad skating... :birthday:
:birthday:

Hmm, and here I thought it was 9 months of winter and three months of road construction.... Of course, that applies to the rest of Canada and not Vancouver... :birthday:

#60 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

I've been told that the things a woman notices about a man right from the get-go are fingernails and shoes. I suspect they may not be the FIRST things, but I suspect they're in the top five or so. Ladies, what do you think?

I don't think it is the first thing I notice, but at some point I probably do notice the fingernails (perhaps in the process, ascertaining the size of the hands - purely an academic interest, of course :birthday: ).

As for shoes, I never notice that right off, just on a appropriate-for-the-occasion basis. However, I am an ecologist, and in my line of work, most of the men I have dealt with have footwear of a casual slant - sandal/flip flop, tennis shoes, etc.. I have no problems at all with such minimal footwear, as I don't much like wearing shoes myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users