• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What do you notice first...?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I don't know... my experience...uhhh...I'm mean research...uhhh...I mean reading.... has led me to believe that whether they're long and skinny, short and fat or just plain nice, often there is a close parallel. :birthday:

I like a man with strong hands!

Clean fingernails are important; but I really don't care what his shoes look like unless they smell. :birthday:

Edited by Twinklez, 07 February 2007 - 05:43 PM.

#62 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

OK OK I am in now. Just for the record I LOOK and LOOK but most of all can they hold a conversation!!! I know you think I am full of it but it's true I like to talk.

#63 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:10 PM

In my younger days, I noticed a certain hang of the hip (no, I wasn't looking at the crotch, just something about the overall construction of the lower torso). I also noticed the eyes - having blue ones, I was always more attracted to guys with dark eyes.

I still notice the eyes, but now am most drawn to someone that has an undefinable sweetness about him. One just doesn't run into that very often.

Yes - I agree - undefinable sweetness is rare and precious in a guy...
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#64 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

OK OK I am in now. Just for the record I LOOK and LOOK but most of all can they hold a conversation!!! I know you think I am full of it but it's true I like to talk.

There's nothing wrong with being able to hold a conversation :birthday: I want a man I can talk to about anything

#65 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

I still notice the eyes, but now am most drawn to someone that has an undefinable sweetness about him. One just doesn't run into that very often.

Yes - I agree - undefinable sweetness is rare and precious in a guy...

I was afraid of that... guess I'm out of the running based on this criterion!

#66 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

I think that lady looked at hands in the hopes that there was a correlation between hand size and a certain male appendage...so not so surprising after all. The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

Well, I have to say I've not really compared mine to other men's... the days of group showers after gym class are ancient history, thank goodness. I certainly HOPE it isn't true, because my hands are small (but quite "effective" from what I hear).

#67 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

I don't think it is the first thing I notice, but at some point I probably do notice the fingernails (perhaps in the process, ascertaining the size of the hands - purely an academic interest, of course :) ).

As for shoes, I never notice that right off, just on a appropriate-for-the-occasion basis. However, I am an ecologist, and in my line of work, most of the men I have dealt with have footwear of a casual slant - sandal/flip flop, tennis shoes, etc.. I have no problems at all with such minimal footwear, as I don't much like wearing shoes myself.

Interesting. I hope your ecologist friends aren't opting for flip-flops while surveying wetlands. :cool2:

Rick

:cool1:

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood.

#68 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

I think that lady looked at hands in the hopes that there was a correlation between hand size and a certain male appendage...so not so surprising after all. The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

Being a former cop, I can give away this secret, I can tell someone's age, normally with 2 years by ONLY looking at their hands. Hands are a tell tale sign of age. The only people it doesn't work for are old school farmers. Their hands look twice their age.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#69 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

I wear size 15 shoes and my hands are one size larger than every pair of gloves I have ever tried on. That's why I had to move to Florida. I can not find warm gloves that fit (when they are even the slightest bit too tight they reduce circulation so they do not actually do much to keep me warm.

#70 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:05 AM

Ohhh!!! I love hazel eyes!!

Then you are lucky because I happen to have two...!!! :cool1:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#71 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:09 AM

Hmm, and here I thought it was 9 months of winter and three months of road construction.... Of course, that applies to the rest of Canada and not Vancouver... :)

Vancouver - Nine months of rain and three months of getting estimates for basement waterproofing???

Kidding, of course... Loved Vic / Van when I was there last September. Would live out there in a heartbeat... My first day in Victoria I found 15 hiking trails and I was not even looking... :cool1:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#72 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:12 AM

Clean fingernails are important; but I really don't care what his shoes look like unless they smell. :)

Whew... I thought you might find my pink pumps objectionable... However, they have a subtle Chanel #5 scent... I don't wear them on the dive boats though. Too unstable in choppy weather... :cool1:

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

Hey welcome to SD! And talking is good...you'll fit in just fine around here! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

The alleged correlation between size of hands and size of male appendage is a common tale, and one I believe is a myth. Nonetheless, the stories still abound.

I have very large hands... :cool2:

YES YOU DO!!! :)

And I noticed a few other things very large as well! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

Leave it to me to send the thread downhill!

The catch on Latitude Adjustment's statement was priceless - agree that Ray might want to amend his statement.

we are silly today :cool1:

Yes you all are...and I :) it!!! Hey at least she didn't say 'append' his statement!!! :cool2:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users