• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION: Bahamas "Island Dream" Liveaboard for New Year's Eve

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Great News!

This trip is now open for booking! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE note the important reminders and follow the booking instructions for this trip!

This thread will not be closed so that you can officially book, ask questions and comment in the official trip thread located here!

Please register, sign up and ask any questions you may have here!

TRIP UPDATE:

Details:

The details are being compiled now and will be posted shortly. Upon doing so we'll open official deposits for the trip. In the meantime please see the info below on flights and final pricing.

Pricing:

The pricing will be $1095 for the lower deck (shared showers but private sink and toilet) and $1395 for the upper deck (private shower and sink and toilet). With special SD discounts you can get it for almost $995 lower deck....

Flights:

Please fly into GGT the day before if at all possible but avoid looking for airfares on Monday's...they go up since everyone gets back to work and decides to start checking flights. The best times to look are when most people are offline oir mid-morning weekdays. (Dandy Don is a master at finding great fares and he always swears by this tip!)

Posted Image Well its inked and being worked up as we speak but we are going to bring in the New Year in the Bahamas! With a price as low as $1095 for the lower cabin and only $1395 for the upper cabins for a week of eat, sleep, DIVE....(and any alcohol you'll consume for the week as it is included on this great liveaboard) what a way to start 2008 off right! :dazzler: Posted Image

Plan to arrive early on our departure day or the day before if you can...flights will be difficult this time of year and even more so coming into the islands.

And make sure you get trip insurance...if you miss the boat it will cover the cost of you doing a land based trip instead!

We'll start accepting bookings very shortly...working on the final details this weekend! So start looking at your airfare and planning to join us!!! :dazzler:

p.s. For a very reasonable fee of $25 Kimmie aka fingrabber can look for and book air for you with her magic fingers! (Flying across a keyboard that is!) :lmao:

Posted Image

Edited by WreckWench, 20 June 2007 - 08:20 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

I AM IN!!! Want to be first on the list this time... :ph34r:

Upper cabin (Will take S/O if an odd number of folks)
NITROX if available...

I will be arriving the day before and will need a King bed in the hotel please.

finGrabber I will be in need of your magic fingers to arrange airfare, but suspect I will have to get the Grenada trip paid for first.

Am sure there will be more later once details are released...!

THANKS!
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Put me down, but I haven't decided on upper or lower deck. A private head is nice, but it's a dive trip - probly lower deck for me.

I doubt that anyone's FF program would allow miles to be used on this trip & date, but I have Visa card points that will work, so I'm covered on air. Of course, I'll arrive a day early - need hotel & good sport roomie to share that expense, and of course I'll have trip insurance - both seem like minimally prudent options that really must be included.

I see the boat has Nitrox; you know how much that'll be? Are Port Taxes and fuel surcharges included or extra? Would you like me to shut up until you can get all this worked out. :dazzler:

Edited by DandyDon, 07 April 2007 - 07:14 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#4 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: ADD ME TO THE PLANNING TO GO FOR SURE LIST!!!!!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#5 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

I think this is the trip TStormwarning and I are going on in May. I'll let you know how it is and maybe I'll want to go again :cheerleader:

#6 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

I want to go too! I will go early, for sure. There is a great cavern dive that I've done there before; I want to do that dive again before we head out on the week.

Upper/lower deck: I can't take scopolamine or any of that stuff, so I want the "steadiest" place. What is your recommendation? Many thanks for your hard work!! -sylvia

#7 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

and any alcohol you'll consume for the week as it is included on this great liveaboard

stop, you had me at New Years Dive. . .
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#8 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

Upper/lower deck: I can't take scopolamine or any of that stuff, so I want the "steadiest" place. What is your recommendation?

Lower deck would be best as close to mid-ship as possible to minimize roll. On an airplane try to sit between the wings for the same reason. The higher you are in a ship the more pronounced the movements will be. Ever try nutmeg?

Nutmeg Properties

You can get nutmeg pills at natural food stores. Great for motion sickness. Scopolamine forces you to tell the truth... hahaha

Edited by shadragon, 08 April 2007 - 07:55 PM.

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#9 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

Lower deck would be best as close to mid-ship as possible to minimize roll. On an airplane try to sit between the wings for the same reason. The higher you are in a ship the more pronounced the movements will be. Ever try nutmeg?
Nutmeg Properties
You can get nutmeg pills at natural food stores. Great for motion sickness. Scopolamine forces you to tell the truth... hahaha

Shad... Thank you! Yes, I thought it was lower deck; I am glad you confirmed it. No, I didn't know about about nutmeg for motion sickness. I sure will try that. I also have one of those 'Relief Band' watches that emits a little electrical signal, and that helps too. I just have to stay away from the drugs. They're worse than the cure for me.

KAMALA: Lower Deck for me! --sylvia

#10 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:29 AM

Kinda eager for the details here. It's less than a year away. :D
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#11 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:43 AM

Catfish

also to calm your stomach also try ginger root. Since I have a messed up stomach due to crohn's i have tried just about everything to calm my stomach when its acting up. the ginger root has worked very well for me for the past several years, just make sure when getting the pills and such that the root oils are still intact as that means it fresh and has the full potent properties.

also ask WW about the meclizine that she takes as its the generic of dramimine without the sedative in it. It worked well for me in north carolina last july.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#12 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

I like Explorer Ventures dove the T&C before with them. Good operation. I will have to look at this as a backup trip if the Bali trip does not work out at the same time. Thailand had a "Red Tide" on the west side so it is off the "Radar" for awhile. Plus this trip is soooo muuuch cheaper and I hate the three days on a airplane to go over there. Plus I could go for some good Conch Fritters.

#13 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

Wench - put me on the interested list... lower cabin - steerage if available... :)

I looked up the itineraries at http://www.caribexpl...tineraries.html

It appears boarding begins at 3pm on Saturday, and they kick you off at 9am the following Saturday.
They don't leave the dock until the following morning, 5am-ish

I was able to find the following for $304 thru Travelocity, I imagine chaper if direct thru Continental.

Sat, Dec 29
12:30pm Depart - Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl (FLL) Continental Airlines 9244
2:00pm Arrive - George Town, Bahamas (GGT) Nonstop

Sat, Jan 05
2:30pm Depart - George Town, Bahamas (GGT) Continental Airlines 9245
4:00pm Arrive - Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl (FLL) Nonstop

Edited by netmage, 11 April 2007 - 05:03 PM.

"I aim to misbehave...."

#14 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

WW

your killing me so many trips i would love to go on but i have a feeling that my travel $$$ are going to be blown by the time this trip comes around, but you never know.

is nitrox included in that price or extra.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hey guys...this trip is a GO!!! I will have the final details posted AS SOON AS I GET BACK FROM BELIZE! So be prepared to get your airfare and sign up! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users