• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION... The apex of diving...the Galapagos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
433 replies to this topic

#331 Vanessa

Vanessa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hey Kamala this is a dream trip of mine and I really want to go before it fills out. I want the Standard Stateroom, d/o but not sure if I'll be diving nitrox or not. I will let you know later.

I mailed a check yesterday for the trip as I will not have access to the site while I'm traveling the next couple of weeks. Can you please email me the docs so that I can fill them out and return them? Otherwise it will be a very long time before I can log in and try to access them. :D

p.s. I have flights to do the full 10 program you've outlined in the trip details. :D

#332 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hey Kamala this is a dream trip of mine and I really want to go before it fills out. I want the Standard Stateroom, d/o but not sure if I'll be diving nitrox or not. I will let you know later.

I mailed a check yesterday for the trip as I will not have access to the site while I'm traveling the next couple of weeks. Can you please email me the docs so that I can fill them out and return them? Otherwise it will be a very long time before I can log in and try to access them. :D

p.s. I have flights to do the full 10 program you've outlined in the trip details. :D

Got you on the list! I'll see what we can do about helping you with the docs. We'll let you know when we get your check! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#333 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Payment Update:

1. Bill aka Grayfins: WW got your 3rd pymt ck of $850 :D

2. Vanessa: WW got your check for $1000 (please make checks to SingleDivers.com LLC) :D

#334 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Document Update:

1. Liz aka Liz WW got your waiver, survey and EV Application via fax. Please don't forget to fax your EV Application to EV directly as well! :D

#335 MMdiver_DC

MMdiver_DC

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:141

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

I'm new to this neck of the woods...but look at me coming in from out of the blue: my check is just about to go in the mail! Looks to be an amazing trip, with lots of other cool things coming out of the blue...

d/o, State Room Twins - NO NITROX, plan to rent some gear
full 10-day itinerary

Still need to start on the forms...

-Margaret

PS - was looking at a nicely priced COPA Panama flight with only 1:08 to change flights in Panama City - anybody know if that's cutting it too close for that airport/city?

#336 running_diver

running_diver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

PS - was looking at a nicely priced COPA Panama flight with only 1:08 to change flights in Panama City - anybody know if that's cutting it too close for that airport/city?

Last time I flew through Panama City was a little more than 8 years ago. Then changing planes meant getting off the plane, walking off the tarmack into a guarded waiting room. Waiting until your flight was ready to board and then leaving the room to enter the plane. So you really only needed to have enough time to deal with your plane being late. We never went through customs or immigration.

I hope this is still the case since I think I booked the flight you are looking at.

Welcome to the board. I'm also new from the DC area and going on the Galapagos trip.

Ross

#337 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

I'm new to this neck of the woods...but look at me coming in from out of the blue: my check is just about to go in the mail! Looks to be an amazing trip, with lots of other cool things coming out of the blue...

d/o, State Room Twins - NO NITROX, plan to rent some gear
full 10-day itinerary

Still need to start on the forms...

-Margaret

Usually you need at least an hour to safely catch a connection and you have it. I would definately bring a change of clothes and travel sized toiletries along with any CRITICAL dive gear you have to have such as mask, computer and/or regs, just in case your bags are delayed but then I suggest that no matter what someone's layover is. The beauty of this trip is that we are doing several days of sightseeing on the front end to avoid anyone missing the boat so to speak!

I am so glad you found us and of course that you just 'jumped in out of the blue'. I need to make sure that you are comfortable with this diving...it is not a beginner's dive. Your profile says you have over 100 dives so you should be ok. Let me know what gear you need to rent and we do have instructors on this trip so if you op to do some learning and diving together...you can knock your nitrox out during the surface intervals. With all the amazing diving we will be doing...this venue would be one to really consider doing nitrox!

You can also call me if you have specific questions...214-350-7003.

In the meantime I will put you on the checks in the mail list! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#338 tgnjim

tgnjim

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Welcome aboard Margaret!

I am also wondering about renting a wet suit. The titanium hyprerstretch that I was thinking about is like $350. And then maybe a hooded vest as well. The thing is...I don't do cold water!!! And although I prefer having my own gear, I'm looking for another option. Rental, used, or borrowed. Any ideas out there?

Pir8...I see you lurrking there non commited. Come on make the leap! I think Bruce & the rest of the gang would back me on saying that we want you there.

Jim

#339 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

Welcome aboard Margaret!

I am also wondering about renting a wet suit. The titanium hyprerstretch that I was thinking about is like $350. And then maybe a hooded vest as well. The thing is...I don't do cold water!!! And although I prefer having my own gear, I'm looking for another option. Rental, used, or borrowed. Any ideas out there?

Pir8...I see you lurrking there non commited. Come on make the leap! I think Bruce & the rest of the gang would back me on saying that we want you there.

Jim

Here! Here! I need a SeaSigns Buddy. I haven't been able to do so since the Red Sea!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#340 MMdiver_DC

MMdiver_DC

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:141

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hey Ross - funny about the flights. Are these the ones you got? (For the outbound trip, it looks like there's an evening flight from Panama City to Quito, so there's some hope there if there is a delay.)

Leave – Sat 7 Jun 2008
COPA Panama Flight 489
Departs: 6:43a (IAD) Arrives: 10:42a (PTY)
[ Layover in Panama City, Panama (PTY) for 1h 08m ]
COPA Panama Flight 829
Departs: 11:50a (PTY) Arrives: 1:40p (UIO)

Return – Tue 17 Jun 2008
COPA Panama Flight 828
Departs: 4:11p (UIO) Arrives: 5:56p (PTY)
[ Layover in Panama City, Panama (PTY) for 1h 10m ]
COPA Panama Flight 488
Departs: 7:06p (PTY) Arrives: 12:47a (IAD)

#341 running_diver

running_diver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Hey Ross - funny about the flights. Are these the ones you got? (For the outbound trip, it looks like there's an evening flight from Panama City to Quito, so there's some hope there if there is a delay.)

Leave – Sat 7 Jun 2008
COPA Panama Flight 489
Departs: 6:43a (IAD) Arrives: 10:42a (PTY)
[ Layover in Panama City, Panama (PTY) for 1h 08m ]
COPA Panama Flight 829
Departs: 11:50a (PTY) Arrives: 1:40p (UIO)

Return – Tue 17 Jun 2008
COPA Panama Flight 828
Departs: 4:11p (UIO) Arrives: 5:56p (PTY)
[ Layover in Panama City, Panama (PTY) for 1h 10m ]
COPA Panama Flight 488
Departs: 7:06p (PTY) Arrives: 12:47a (IAD)

Yup, those are my flights.

Ross

#342 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

Welcome aboard Margaret!

Jim

Much as I wish I could go theres just no way I'll be able to swing it. One of the shops I teach for is sending me to Turks & Caicos in May so I just can't aford the additional vacation time from work, kinda gotta space it out over the year. But I love dreaming about all the places you guys are going so I keep lurking.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#343 tgnjim

tgnjim

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Document Update:

1. Liz aka Liz WW got your waiver, survey and EV Application via fax. Please don't forget to fax your EV Application to EV directly as well! :thankyou:

Sandy,
Did I miss something? What is the EV form & I send it to who?

Jim

#344 tgnjim

tgnjim

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

Welcome aboard Margaret!

Jim

Much as I wish I could go theres just no way I'll be able to swing it. One of the shops I teach for is sending me to Turks & Caicos in May so I just can't aford the additional vacation time from work, kinda gotta space it out over the year. But I love dreaming about all the places you guys are going so I keep lurking.

How about sick days? You will be sick if you miss this trip. :thankyou: And I've heard that the Equadorian government is considering closing access to the islands, so now is the time...this is the group!
Jim

#345 tgnjim

tgnjim

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

OK, here is my flight info:
Sat 7-Jun-08

Denver (DEN)