• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION... The apex of diving...the Galapagos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
433 replies to this topic

#361 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Ok, Just emailed my survey, will fax over my cc payment,Medical release & EV releas tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I can get my printer to cooperate.

I think that I will be current then.

Jim

:D

We'll confirm within 24 hrs of receiving your docs.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#362 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks,
Can someone help me out with a check list of things I need to do, and vice versa. I'm open to either cabin, so whatever works out the best for all involved is fine with me. Thanks.
Mike

Hey Mike! Here is what you need to do.

1. When you book you POST in this thread/topic that you are joining us which you have done and you advise us what type of room you want (in this case you there is a standard room or an owner's suite but since there is only one bed in the owner's suite it is not practical unless you know someone who is willing to room with you!) You need to let us know if you want to dive nitrox or not, want any instruction, need any rental gear and if so what as well as the words..."my check or payment is in the mail/in route to SingleDivers.com."

2. You then send a check or paypal/credit card + 3% to the payment information/address in the first post or to the paypal info in the first post. You will need to pay all payments due as of Mar 5th which you will find also in the first post and a few posts back as I just reminded everyone the March 5th payment was due. YOU NEED TO DO THIS PART ASAP AS YOUR SPOT IS NOT SECURED UNTIL WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MONEY AND YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE THREAD. So if someone posted tomorrow and sent their money via paypal they would technically have the last standard cabin and you would not. So please get your payment in as soon as you can.

3. You will need to get trip insurance for this trip. The boat MANDATES it. We have links to 2 different suppliers that we use at the end of the first post where all the trip details are.

4. You will need to send in 3 sets of documents for this trip.
a. Trip & Diving Survey which helps us with rooming and diving arrangements. This must be emailed to trips@singledivers.com
b. Medical & Release Waiver for SingleDivers.com which is just what it sounds like and can be faxed or mailed or scanned and emailed to us.
c. Trip Application and Waiver for Explorer Ventures which is what the liveaboard boat needs. This must be emailed to the boat directly (see form for fax#) and a copy should be faxed or mailed or scanned and emailed to trips@singledivers.com.

(Note if you want to pay via credit card the credit card authorization form is also found in this forum accessible by the same password that we will send you.)

These docs are found here and you will be asked for a password to access the forum. It is NOT your personal password. The correct password will be pm'd to you.

Then you need to check back to see that we have logged your payments and documents in the thread and that we have updated the first post to show we have rec'd your stuff. Please give us 24 hrs to acknowledge both payments and documents...a bit longer if it is a weekend.

Essentially the site is run by a handful of volunteers so we try to streamline everything as much as we can.

I hope this checklist helps you with what you need to do to sign up for this trip. kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#363 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Document Update:

1. Jim aka tgnjim got your Survey, waiver. :birthday:

2. Jim aka tgnjim got your EV application second page ONLY! :birthday:

Payment Update:

1. Liz aka Liz got your Galapagos trip balance, land tours and nitrox payment via cc form + 3% :birthday:

2. Ross aka Running_Diver got your land pkg & tour add-on check for $733 :birthday:

3. Jim aka tgnjim ww got your cc form for land tours d/o & progress payment of $1583 +3% total :dance:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 05 March 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#364 SoCalBruin

SoCalBruin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Okay Kamala, I'm in!

I got: fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, booties, and the rest is negotiable given current airline travel restrictions.

I'm looking for: Nitrox, rentals, as much above water time as possible, extended stay...

Help me make it work. Thanks!

Mike

Hey Mike that is great! I think you got the last regular cabin or did you want the Owner's Cabin? We should have a nice 'above water' max experience between the sighteeing and tours BEFORE the trip but also with the optional tours ON the trip.

This should be a great balance of 'above and below'! :banghead:

I'll get you on the 'Checks & Docs" in the mail list. Please reveiw the payment schedule in the first post so you'll know where we are payment wise. Don't forget the boat requires trip insurance and we have 2 links for insurance in the main post at the end of the posting.

Scubapunk or one of the trip coordinators will help you with the documents if you need assistance. Kamala

Thanks,
Can someone help me out with a check list of things I need to do, and vice versa. I'm open to either cabin, so whatever works out the best for all involved is fine with me. Thanks.
Mike

Great,
The proverbial check is in the mail. It should cover the vast majority of the trip, and let's work out the remaining details/balance.
Mike
SoCalBruin

#365 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Great,
The proverbial check is in the mail. It should cover the vast majority of the trip, and let's work out the remaining details/balance.
Mike

Great! As soon as we get it your spot will be confirmed. In the meantime do let us know if you are diving nitrox and if you want d/o for the land pkg or s/o? Also as soon as you confirm your flights please let us know your details so we can purchase your AeroGal flights.

And finally...don't forget to get your trip insurance. It is mandatory for this trip and the sooner you have it the sooner it covers you!

formerly...

#366 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

VERY Important Trip Update:

Please note that since the last day of payment is soon...you MUST get your trip insurance now if you are going to get it for this trip. TRIP INSURANCE IS MANDATORY for this trip as specified by the vendor. Please do not delay in getting it. Things happen...weather happens...people get sick...they miss planes and the like. AND if there are any issues with the Ecuadorian Govt and permits...you will not be covered unless you have your insurance NOW.

Please note that it has been our experience that if you self insure and you have to cancel the trip for any reason, you should bank on getting nothing or very little if anything back. With insurance you will get most if not all of the unused services back.

We recommend (2) different carriers however you can use any one you like. Thank you all! -ww

From our trip postings:

PLEASE obtain trip insurance...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and the first carrier CSA will cover pre-existing conditions.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

formerly...

#367 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:56 AM

Catching up... paypalled the March payment, land tours payment and 3% fee. Sent you emails offline as well.

Thanks!!

Rosa

#368 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:57 AM

Okay Kamala, I'm in!

I got: fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, booties, and the rest is negotiable given current airline travel restrictions.

I'm looking for: Nitrox, rentals, as much above water time as possible, extended stay...

Mike

Hey Mike that is great! I think you got the last regular cabin or did you want the Owner's Cabin? We should have a nice 'above water' max experience between the sighteeing and tours BEFORE the trip but also with the optional tours ON the trip.

This should be a great balance of 'above and below'! :cool2:

I'll get you on the 'Checks & Docs" in the mail list. Please reveiw the payment schedule in the first post so you'll know where we are payment wise. Don't forget the boat requires trip insurance and we have 2 links for insurance in the main post at the end of the posting.

Scubapunk or one of the trip coordinators will help you with the documents if you need assistance. Kamala

Thanks,
Mike

Great,
Mike

Another Southern Californian!! Welcome.

Rosa

#369 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

Catching up... paypalled the March payment, land tours payment and 3% fee. Sent you emails offline as well.

Thanks!!

Rosa

Thank you! I am in the Houston airport right now and Sandy is almost there so updates will be slow...might be next week as we get internet access. I will try to check paypal remotely but if I can't our accountant will send the updates to cat fish to post for us. She won't be able to update the first post...but she will be able to acknowledge payments!

formerly...

#370 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Thanks!!

Rosa

:cheerleader: Thanks Rosa! I am going to be in Utila for a week, so please be patient, with payment and document updates. It probably ainīt gonna happen till I get back! :cheerleader:

Love ya All wish you were here. :cheerleader:

#371 SoCalBruin

SoCalBruin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Great,
Mike

Great! As soon as we get it your spot will be confirmed. In the meantime do let us know if you are diving nitrox and if you want d/o for the land pkg or s/o? Also as soon as you confirm your flights please let us know your details so we can purchase your AeroGal flights.

And finally...don't forget to get your trip insurance. It is mandatory for this trip and the sooner you have it the sooner it covers you!

Okay, I got some stuff done over the weekend.
Here's the trip insurance confirmation from CSA:
Purchase Confirmation
Policy number: 08069W0327
Product Selected: Freestyle
Enrollment date: Sunday, March 9, 2008
Delivery Method: Email

Here's flight info for American Airlines:
280 LOS ANGELES SAT 07JUN 8:00 AM MIAMI INTERNTNL 4:05 PM
967 MIAMI INTERNTNL SAT 07JUN 5:45 PM QUITO 8:45 PM

966 QUITO TUE 17JUN 8:55 AM MIAMI INTERNTNL 1:50 PM
203 MIAMI INTERNTNL TUE 17JUN 3:55 PM LOS ANGELES 6:10 PM

Land package: prefer d/o, but s/o okay too.
Diving: Nitrox please. With all of the travel/baggage restrictions, I'm going to travel pretty light, bringing my mask, snorkel, fins, gloves, and dive computer. I'll need to rent the rest. Let me know if you don't receive my deposit check in the next few days, and I'll go to work on the remaining docs Thanks.
SoCalBruin

#372 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Certification
  • Logged Dives:200ish

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

Opinions please! On the SingleDiver Trip & Medical Liability Release form it has a questionable release items imo.

On the first line for initialing it states:

_____understand and agree that neither SingleDivers.com nor any travel entity (Airline, taxi transfer, hotel, boat crew) may be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with this diving trip which may result in injury, or damages to me or my family. and hereby release and hold harmless SINGLEDIVERS.COM AND IT'S OWNERS, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, VOLUNTEERS, ADVISORS AND ALL PERSONS ACTING AS ITS AUTHORIZED AGENTS from any suit, demand or claim arising as a consequence of death or injury received by me during my participation in said dive trip.

Now, I fully agree that Singlediver should not be held accountable for ANYTHING, but I took out mandatory airline, flight and trip insurance to cover if something happens on that end. Initialing this statement nulls that, true?

~K
~K

#373 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Opinions please! On the SingleDiver Trip & Medical Liability Release form it has a questionable release items imo.

_____understand and agree that neither SingleDivers.com nor any travel entity (Airline, taxi transfer, hotel, boat crew) may be held liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with this diving trip which may result in injury, or damages to me or my family. and hereby release and hold harmless SINGLEDIVERS.COM AND IT'S OWNERS, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, VOLUNTEERS, ADVISORS AND ALL PERSONS ACTING AS ITS AUTHORIZED AGENTS from any suit, demand or claim arising as a consequence of death or injury received by me during my participation in said dive trip.

Now, I fully agree that Singlediver should not be held accountable for ANYTHING, but I took out mandatory airline, flight and trip insurance to cover if something happens on that end. Initialing this statement nulls that, true?

~K

You can negate this and book your own travel which most do and then you have your own recourse against them whatever that may be. We have to add this clause when we book your travel for you. Again you can opt out of our travel and book your own. :dancing:

formerly...

#374 Scubawishes

Scubawishes

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Certification
  • Logged Dives:200ish

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Kamala, thank you for your prompt response, though I feel like the point of my post was missed, & questions not answered, & maybe taken out of content. :cool1: I'm aware that I can book my own travel etc., however that isn't why I am a member of the singlediver community. :fish: What I would like is to understand the clause! :birthday:

I took out mandatory airline, flight & trip insurance to cover if something happens on that end. Initialing this area of the statement on the form makes it null & void, correct?Why get these insurances if SD is saying you can't do anything with them (IS that what SD is saying)? I fully understand & support the need for singlediver to be alleviated from ANY & ALL liability (as I stated in original post), but why should that include other sources that have nothing to do with Singlediver, such as the self-booked airline to get from a to b? Why does the "nor any travel entity (Airline, taxi transfer, hotel, boat crew)" need to be in the clause? I suppose if something happened & my CSA trip insurance was needed, Singlediver wouldn't run out and wave the clause in their faces, but that's beside the point.

I don't plan on NEEDING any insurance (though I have my DAN & CSA), meaning I don't plan on anything going wrong. :diver: I'm just looking for perspective, not trying to ruffle feathers. Surely, other SD members have wondered the same thing...or not. :fish: When signing the form for the last SD trip I went on I did initial that paragraph, but I paused & wondered about it. This time I decide to just ask about it.

Sincerely,

~K

~K

You can negate this and book your own travel which most do and then you have your own recourse against them whatever that may be. We have to add this clause when we book your travel for you. Again you can opt out of our travel and book your own. :fish:

~K

#375 SoCalBruin

SoCalBruin

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

Okay Kamala, I'm in!

Mike

This should be a great balance of 'above and below'! :birthday:

Thanks,
Mike

Great,
Mike

Another Southern Californian!! Welcome.

Rosa

Thanks Rosa,
This trip is gonna rock! If you know anything about D-SLR, I'm preparing for a trip of a lifetime (photos). Any insight is appreciated, otherwise, seatbelts fastened...
SoCalBruin.
SoCalBruin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users