• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Relationship Stages

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:45 AM

Although it may not be true in every case, a relationship that ends generally has five phases:

Phase 1 - Discovery
Phase 2 - Infatuation
Phase 3 - Things aren't quite the same
Phase 4 - Indifference
Phase 5 - Alienation

You forgot:

Phase 6: Legal representation... :thankyou:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#17 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Although it may not be true in every case, a relationship that ends generally has five phases:

Phase 1 - Discovery
Phase 2 - Infatuation
Phase 4 - Indifference
Phase 5 - Alienation

Rick

:birthday:

Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99% perspiration, which is why engineers sometimes smell really bad.

My relationship with my ex-wife only had 2:
Phase 1: F-ing
Phase 2: F You!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#18 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Phase 1 - Discovery
Phase 2 - Infatuation
Phase 4 - Indifference
Phase 5 - Alienation

Rick

:birthday:

Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99% perspiration, which is why engineers sometimes smell really bad.

LOL! Now that's funny!

#19 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:57 PM

I like what WW said. You need to give each other some breathing room. If it's a solid relationship, it won't hurt it.

Is that with SCUBA tanks or without?

I wonder if that's that where the 7' hose comes in....?
"I aim to misbehave...."

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

I like what WW said. You need to give each other some breathing room. If it's a solid relationship, it won't hurt it.

Is that with SCUBA tanks or without?

I wonder if that's that where the 7' hose comes in....?

Aha!!! Yet ANOTHER benefit to the 7ft hose!!! :birthday:

And if it doesn't work...you can always wrap it around their uh...well you get the idea! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

Sounds as if you had Hallway sex.
Ya know where you pass each other in the hallway and say F***You
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#22 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

Well after reading this I will say there are some interesting answers here.. so to add to it all I will give my .02 cents.

When starting a relationship I rarely want to spend that much time with someone I go for max 3 times a week.. even if I really like them I think we both need our own space and to keep our lives in tact as they were in many cases because then when we do see one another we have a lot to talk about...

#23 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

Well after reading this I will say there are some interesting answers here.. so to add to it all I will give my .02 cents.

When starting a relationship I rarely want to spend that much time with someone I go for max 3 times a week.. even if I really like them I think we both need our own space and to keep our lives in tact as they were in many cases because then when we do see one another we have a lot to talk about...

Good advice Dejah...but eventually you end up spending every day together and that just sucks after awhile. I guess I'm only cut out for long-distance relationships. Could it be that I can't have a "real" one for some reason? What would Dr. Phil say?

#24 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

Good advice Dejah...but eventually you end up spending every day together and that just sucks after awhile. I guess I'm only cut out for long-distance relationships. Could it be that I can't have a "real" one for some reason? What would Dr. Phil say?

When you find the "real" one that negative disappears. The secret is to have a good life without anyone else. Then if someone does come along, you can share it with them. At least that I what I tell Dr. Phil when he asked me for advice... :D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#25 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:19 AM

When you find the "real" one that negative disappears. The secret is to have a good life without anyone else. Then if someone does come along, you can share it with them. At least that I what I tell Dr. Phil when he asked me for advice... :D

But, doesn't finding the "real" one or the "right" one truly illuminate what your "good" life is missing?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#26 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

But, doesn't finding the "real" one or the "right" one truly illuminate what your "good" life is missing?

I suspect if someone is unhappy alone, they will still be unhappy with someone else... Depending on others for positive feelings is self-destructive in the long run...

Now don't get me wrong, it is nice to wake up with someone in your arms. However, if you don't have him/her to hand (select your preference) then you should still be able to enjoy life... :D

#27 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

I suspect if someone is unhappy alone, they will still be unhappy with someone else... Depending on others for positive feelings is self-destructive in the long run...

Now don't get me wrong, it is nice to wake up with someone in your arms. However, if you don't have him/her to hand (select your preference) then you should still be able to enjoy life... :D

I agree. Life should be good even without that special person. That special person should simply take it to a whole new level of good (okay, make that great). Luckily for me, I seem to have found great! :D

#28 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

I have been doing the long-distance relationship thing for over a year now. We started out seeing each other every 3 weeks or so, and before too long it became two weeks (with longer weekends for each visit whenever possible). In the past two months, we've seen each every weekend (due to his mom's recent heart surgery and misc other events), which you think would make it easier, but instead we find, that every time we have to leave each other, it just gets harder and harder. Suffice it to say, we can't wait till we can manage to live in the same place. Our lives were fine before we met, but have just gotten better and better as the relationship has progressed. NOW, just imagine what it will be like when he gets certified this summer!

Edited by mantarraya, 17 April 2007 - 12:27 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#29 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

I agree. Life should be good even without that special person. That special person should simply take it to a whole new level of good (okay, make that great). Luckily for me, I seem to have found great! :D

I agree with this too. Happiness comes from within. Without wishing to sound like Forest Grump, I compare relationships to rose growing: I grow my own roses in life, but when I get a special helper, I get sweeter smelling blooms.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#30 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

Well, I guess I'm ok then cause I'm really happy by myself. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users