• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A friend of mine says Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

A couple of months ago, this dude came up to me at the gym, said to me that he's been watching me for while and whatever I've been doing, I should keep doing it because I'm looking good. So we talk for a while, he shows me some new exercises. I missed the gym for about 3 weeks after that because I had a horrendous case of poison ivy, but we see each other again. He tells me a little bit about himself. Tells me where he lives and that I can drop over any time. Well, I'm not really about to go to some stranger's house. So a few more weeks pass and we continue to make small talk. He tells me I'm pretty, yada yada. He gives me his email addy. We exchange a few emails. Yesterday, I see him and he asks me what I'm doing this weekend. So I tell him I have a CPR/First aid class on Sat. until about 4 and after that I'm free. So then, we just look at each other. Smiling. And he says NOTHING. So I say "Well, I gotta get back to work" because I do. WTF? Men are stupid. Sorry guys but it's true. I, on the other hand, aced my CPR /first aid tests so now I'm ready to take my Rescue diver cert. :wavey: :cheerleader:

Edited by Fairybasslet, 09 June 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

..Yesterday, I see him and he asks me what I'm doing this weekend. So I tell him I have a CPR/First aid class on Sat. until about 4 and after that I'm free. So then, we just look at each other. Smiling. And he says NOTHING. So I say "Well, I gotta get back to work" because I do. WTF?

You have fallen into Guy's Literal Thinking Trap.

When he asked you "What are you doing this weekend?" he means the ENTIRE weekend--not just Saturday after 4.

You're thinking hours--he's thinking days; taking away that option, he had nothing to fall back on as far as a conversational gambit is concerned[indent=1], so he just stood there like a big yutz.

PlatypusMan

#3 rahuck

rahuck

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hmmm....no comment on most of this.

Have fun with the rescue cert. I am waiting on the open water scenarios myself (some of my class mates don't appear to care for colder water).

By the way, I would throw the rocks back. :wavey:
Andy H.

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

I just bought the book for my daughter (she's 21)
She got it in her box of goodies yesterday. :thankyou:
I thought she could read it when the guys on the boat get really annoying.

I want a tee shirt of the cover. Does anyone know if they make one????

Sorry guys but sometimes... Throwing rocks sounds like the wisest option. :cheerleader:

Guy speak can be very confusing.
I have been told Gal speak is just as frustrating. :bye:

Fairybasslet ~ Congrats on your CPR-First Aid course. :wavey:
Rescue is awesome... I just hope your dive instructor doesn't assign you the largest guy in the class.
I am still wondering what mine thought ~ he did admit he gave me the big guy cause he knew I could do it. yeah... RIGHT.... I think he just wanted to see if I could haul a 6' tall guy out of the water and onto the beach.

FYI ~ A "drowned diver" with a bad case of the giggles is NOT easy to haul out of the water.

I know you will do great with Rescue ~ glad to hear your going for the cert.

Edited by gis_gal, 09 June 2007 - 06:11 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

I guess I could see how guy speak would be terribly confusing for a woman. As guys tend to say EXACTLY what they mean, and not try to put 16 meanings into everything they say. Guy says, "I'd like to go to dinner with you tonight." Woman hears: "I'd like to sleep with you tonight.". Guy wonders why she she looks angry and walks away without saying a word.

#6 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

I guess I could see how guy speak would be terribly confusing for a woman. As guys tend to say EXACTLY what they mean, and not try to put 16 meanings into everything they say. Guy says, "I'd like to go to dinner with you tonight." Woman hears: "I'd like to sleep with you tonight.". Guy wonders why she she looks angry and walks away without saying a word.

OK. So why flirt with me, watch me while I'm working out, come over and talk to me, tell me I'm pretty and have a nice smile, give me his email address, write flirty emails, and ask me what I'm doing this weekend? Just to make small talk? If he asked me to go to dinner, I sure as hell wouldn't have been angry. Hell, I might have even jumped his bones. :wavey:

#7 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

OK. So why flirt with me, watch me while I'm working out, come over and talk to me, tell me I'm pretty and have a nice smile, give me his email address, write flirty emails, and ask me what I'm doing this weekend? Just to make small talk? If he asked me to go to dinner, I sure as hell wouldn't have been angry. Hell, I might have even jumped his bones. :wavey:

Maybe what he had in mind would take the whole weekend :cheerleader:

#8 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

The answer to this situation is simple. I tis the difference between a boy and a man. I am 50 and KNOW exactly what to say and when and would have had no problem understanding what you were saying. SO the answer is simple. Date more 50 year old men.
By the way, what are you doing this weekend? :wavey:
John
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#9 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

I admit freely and with some remorse that I am "Throwing Rocks at Worthy."

I am not really even in the dating game anymore.

I think right now at this time in my life I am not good date or boyfriend material for anyone. But, I am great fun and make an excellent dive buddy for the opposite sex.

One day things will change (maybe) but until then I enjoy my friends, travels and new adventures -- they fill the void that companionships does for others.

Solo Squid
Signature under construction :)

#10 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

The answer to this situation is simple. I tis the difference between a boy and a man. I am 50 and KNOW exactly what to say and when and would have had no problem understanding what you were saying. SO the answer is simple. Date more 50 year old men.
By the way, what are you doing this weekend? :thankyou:
John

I am totally free, as you can see because I am posting here rather than out having fun. BTW, gym man is 54. He told me so. :wavey:
And tomorrow, all I have planned is to hit the gym or take a hike in the woods, and do some laundry. So, are you asking me out or just making small talk. :cheerleader:

#11 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

What John said. Boys are stupid. Mature men aren't so much. Me? I can't ask what you are doing this weekend because I am taken and intend to stay taken. You and John have loads of fun this coming weekend.

See you in a few weeks in FL.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#12 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

I want a tee shirt of the cover. Does anyone know if they make one????

Here you go gis gal Boys are stupid t shirt

Edited by Fairybasslet, 09 June 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#13 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

:wavey:

By the way, what are you doing this weekend? :bye:
John

I am totally free, as you can see because I am posting here rather than out having fun. BTW, gym man is 54. He told me so. :cheerleader:
And tomorrow, all I have planned is to hit the gym or take a hike in the woods, and do some laundry. So, are you asking me out or just making small talk. :thankyou:

LOL, I am actually taken this weekend by the lovely and vibrant Sarah, my 8 year old daugther for a weeknd of movie and trips to the park!
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#14 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

Thank you. I wonder if I could wear it to work :wavey:

I have to agree... Boys are stupid... Most men on the other hand are quite enjoyable.

I do like a guy who does what he says and says what he means.
It just makes life so much easier. :cheerleader:

As to why a man would flirt with you, give you nice compliments, ask what your doing for the weekend and then walk away ~ I have no clue.
I wonder if he is only 54 on the outside.
Sometimes the insides age much slower

Edited by gis_gal, 09 June 2007 - 10:56 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#15 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:51 AM

I wonder if he is only 54 on the outside.
Sometimes the insides age much slower

What do you mean "Sometimes"? We are still buying toys but our pool has gotten a lot bigger! :cheerleader:

Ellen, I think the chase was exciting but the thought that he may have actually caught you scared the hell out of him :wavey:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users