• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

UTILA...SOLD OUT!!... March 8-15, 2008

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#46 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

It's on my list of places to go. The March 8 - 15 or April 26 - May 3 options would work for me.

#47 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

Any additional information available on this trip?
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#48 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Been to Utila a couple of times.Stayed at the utila hotel for 15.00 a night and dove with paradise divers ,my gruop had the Boat all to ourselves and got 10 dives for $125.00 US.Had a great time and went back for 3 more yrs .It is a great time to go in Feb .Our boat Capt Chautsy found us a few whale sharks to snorkle with .Highly reccommend This island :evilgrin: :thankyou: :cheerleader: :evilgrin:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

It's on my list of places to go. The March 8 - 15 or April 26 - May 3 options would work for me.

Awesome you can join us! March 8-15 are our dates! The price is $1200 for the week + 16% Govt tax or $1392

Ok the dates are now set for March 8-15, 2008. We have the entire resort which is only 20 people! Full details will be up soon and we'll be taking deposits asap!

Here is what we are looking at:

March (high season & whaleshark time) but great chance for whalesharks approx $1200 for the week + 16% tax, all inclusive, full meals, ocean front rooms, refrigerator. private balcony with hammock, table & chairs, unlimited shorediving, 24hr internet, 3 boat dives a day, 2 nite dives included

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Awesome you can join us! March 8-15 are our dates! The price is $1200 for the week + 16% Govt tax or $1392

Great!!! I am in! :thankyou:

#51 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:35 PM

I'd love to consider this trip, since the timing is good, but it seems wickedly tough and prohibitively expensive--logistically speaking-- to get there on a Sat. from NY area--- EWR as dep. (with CO) or JFK as dep. (with AA) even with 2.35 AM departure on the night before...... :thankyou:

Any helpful ideas? airfare is bout $500+ but getting from the mainland (SAP) is the hitch..... logistically.... anyone with past experience from the North East here? :wakawaka:
Thanks,
susiq

Edited by susiq, 26 November 2007 - 08:36 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#52 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

I'd love to consider this trip, since the timing is good, but it seems wickedly tough and prohibitively expensive--logistically speaking-- to get there on a Sat. from NY area--- EWR as dep. (with CO) or JFK as dep. (with AA) even with 2.35 AM departure on the night before...... :thankyou:

Any helpful ideas? airfare is bout $500+ but getting from the mainland (SAP) is the hitch..... logistically.... anyone with past experience from the North East here? :wakawaka:
Thanks,
susiq

Not sure if I can help .I use my airmiles to fly out out of Montreal,then to Miami,on to San pedro sula.Once there private flight to Utilabut this was 6 yrs ago.Usually I take groups with me

Edited by diverb0b, 26 November 2007 - 08:52 PM.

I BE DIVING

#53 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Thanks,
susiq

Not sure if I can help .I use mt airmiles to fly out out of Montreal,then to Miami,on to San pedro sula.Once there private flight to Utila

I was just checking this out too.... out of Miami even.... I'm thinking I'd have to arrive on Friday and do a Saturday morning xfer over. Same with the following Saturday, flying out on Sunday.

Is there another way?

Depending on the dates determined for Bonaire, I might be interested in this trip.

I don't think I can do both, but you never know. :cool2:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#54 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:55 PM

Could do the same with ff mileage, but still there are schedule problems re getting from SAP( San Pedro) to La Ceiba and then on to Utila that i don't quite see how to avoid without staying over a night in La Ceiba (if you miss the flight and /or the ferry)
Yes there are 2 airlines that fly to Utila--Deep Blue's own website quotes $190 USD one way for either SOSA or the other company! But thanks..... maybe someone else will chime in with more recent advice or help???

Whoops-- while I was writing you chimed in there, DiverBabs, and adding in an extra day at either end seems to be one ( maybe the only) way.....

s

Edited by susiq, 26 November 2007 - 08:57 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#55 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

Could do the same with ff mileage, but still there are schedule problems re getting from SAP( San Pedro) to La Ceiba and then on to Utila that i don't quite see how to avoid without staying over a night in La Ceiba (if you miss the flight and /or the ferry)
Yes there are 2 airlines that fly to Utila--Deep Blue's own website quotes $190 USD one way for either SOSA or the other company! But thanks..... maybe someone else will chime in with more recent advice or help???

Whoops-- while I was writing you chimed in there, DiverBabs, and adding in an extra day at either end seems to be one ( maybe the only) way.....

s

We use to book for 10 to 12 days to help aleviate those hassels :cool2: :wakawaka: :thankyou:
I BE DIVING

#56 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

fly to Roatan (RTB) and get a shuttle from there. There are a couple of local airlines that fly to Utila from there. I just looked at Atlantic Airlines and they have a flight at 4 from Roatan, so that should give you some options.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Thanks,
susiq

#57 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

if there are enough people arriving at Roatan or La Ceiba at the same time for a flight to Utila, a charter can probably be arranged to get the group over to Utila. This is something that Shirley at Deep Blue could probably help you with.

I usually fly into SAP and then take Sosa or Atlantic over to Utila from there. I have flown into La Ceiba and then taken the private 3 seater out to Utila that was a real hoot!

Jim

Edited by Parrotman, 27 November 2007 - 10:17 AM.

Sea Turtle advocate!

#58 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

This trip sounds amazing but I have to agree on the flights being prohibitive. AA costs $518 RT from BWI, then you have to tack on the extra $190x2 (for the RT flight to Utila itself) which comes out to over $900 for airfare alone... Definitely will have to see if travel via RTB is a better option...

Edited by gracefulc, 27 November 2007 - 11:06 AM.

"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#59 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

I'm curious to see how the whole airline transfer thing works out, as this is a trip I am considering as well. I would possibly even consider spending a week in Roatan first, then hop over to Utila. A week in West End, even if there was no diving, is always an adventure!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#60 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

Actually the flights from San Pedro Sula to Utila are not that bad. You should be able to get a rt connection for about $150

http://www.aboututil...ic-Airlines.htm

Or you can book all the way into La Ceiba and the flight out to Utila is of course much cheaper. I have found that flying into SAP and then getting the connection is the best route.

Since I can not get there in one day either, rather than laying over in San Pedro Sula or in La Ceiba, I usually lay over in Houston and then I can make the 2pm connection to Utila from San Pedro the next day.

I would suggest avoiding an overnight in La Ceiba if possible. The same goes for San Pedro but it is not quite as bad. For any ladies traveling alone I would definetly go for the above option if you can not get a one day connection. I think that you can get into SAP by 2pm however from most US hubs.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users