• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FINDING A SINGLE WOMAN WHO DIVES!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

I'm willing to host such a party :cheerleader:
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#17 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

I meet lots of women that dive on my dive trips, and a few here on Catalina as well. However, many of them are NOT what I'd call real divers. They may take a dive trip once a year, or dive a few times a year when the water is warm. When I ask if a woman is a diver, I'm referring to one whose passion is SCUBA diving and who does "it" as often as she can.

#18 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

It makes it even more fun when you are looking for someone who is both a vegetarian/vegan and a diver. :cheerleader:

Haha! I'm a vegetarian and I dive but I am already in love with my snowboard!
Though I am a warm water wus so I don't know if I count as a diver to you guys....
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#19 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

Though I am a warm water wus so I don't know if I count as a diver to you guys....

Uh, hmmm, the little angel on one shoulder is saying "Don't you DARE go there Greg!" The little devil on the other shoulder is saying "Go for it!" Little angel wins.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#20 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

It is just as hard to find single men who dive!!! Most of the male divers I know in the Birmingham area are married, but at least their wives are understanding about them diving with a single female! However, it would be nice to have a significant other who enjoys diving, but down here in the south it is too hard to compete with college football, especially this time of year!

I agree with Beth. I have a ton of friends (both male and female) that I dive with regularly. However, most are either married or spoken for.

I run into the same situation when dating a non-diver .... they just don't "get it" that you want to spend the entire day on the ocean. The only thing I can think is "Why wouldn't you????"

If I'm diving all day, chances are I'm not going to want to tear up the town that night. I'd be more inclined to cook the catch of the day and have dinner & drinks at home with friends talking over the events of the day .... at least until none of us can keep our eyes open. We're not as young as we used to be. :flirt:

If he doesn't dive, he better have a hobby of his own to keep him busy... golf..tennis... whatever. But don't expect me to give up my diving. I get cranky when not submerged regularly in salt water. :diver:

Preference of course would be to have my significant other be my dive buddy.

Wow... reading back over this... I guess I'm pretty set in my ways. :banghead:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#21 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

Or try being a female dive professional in this area! Guys always respond to the diving conversation, "oh yeah I'm a diver too." Then they find out I REALLY dive. :flirt:

DG ~ I hear you ! I think we need another dive/sleepover event.
We could discuss this over more midnight margaritas :banghead:

And could perhaps fit in a welcome to the PNW party for Tolly. Anyone for diving BC this time?

I am liking this idea! There is a possibility I may need to be in Seattle in beginning of October for a CLE. I'll see what shakes out soon! :diver:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#22 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

It makes it even more fun when you are looking for someone who is both a vegetarian/vegan and a diver. :banghead:

LOls..Heck, if you Snowboard, that more than makes up for being a warm water diver to me. Ever been to Park City? You can board and get a warm water dive in the same trip!

If you love snowboarding, we have to get you out here to Colorado. The only ski area I have been to in New Jersey is Great Gorge, and it doesn't hold a candle to the mountains we have out west.

#23 cardiver

cardiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

I've got the best of both worlds! I'm 35 minutes from awesome diving in the Puget Sound and only 40 minutes from incredible snowboarding at Crystal Mtn.

#24 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

It makes it even more fun when you are looking for someone who is both a vegetarian/vegan and a diver. :flirt:

Heck, that's easy to find. At least in my house.... :banghead:

#25 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

I'm relatively new to this board and would like to pose a question..... WHY is it so hard to find single women who dive? I've been divorced for three years and dating for just over a year. Most of the women I meet dont dive at all. The ones that do tend to just do "resort" diving. I live in the Seattle/ Tacoma area. There is ZERO resort diving here!
Even the women that I've met that do the warm water thing get really ticked off when you tell them that atleast twice a week you're diving. I REALLY need to meet someone who loves to get wet as much as I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ron

There are a few of us out here. Guess you just need to look harder. I agree with some of the comments of the other women. Most men don't think that women are 'real' divers. I'm proud to say I've been described as "hard core" when it comes to diving - and I'm single. :banghead: But Flordia is a LONG way from Washington. Guess you'll have to keep looking - she's out there somewhere, don't give up!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#26 swfladiver

swfladiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:open water since I was lil but finally starting to look into getting more papers
  • Logged Dives:13 years of diving and I just found out it really matter if I logged more than my check out dives

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

I am in agreement with the warm water wus comment. I am a warm water wus but have many wetsuits so I can drive year round, but it is hard it seems to find a girl who wants to do more the calm seas with 50 foot of vis. I don't care if its 6-7 foots seas with 5 foot of vis I am just happy to be in the water.

#27 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

I think you have found the right spot! SIngle DIvers has the most wonderful single diving women there are! We Rock!!!!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#28 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

Welcome to SD.Com...
It looks like you found the right spot.
I get the "are your crazy looks" all the time because all I do in my spare time is dive.
Most men I meet dont understand this.
Texas is too far away for a dive outing, but you will meet some great SD women divers there
If you make down to my end of the world...We do have a Flower Gardens trip next year already scheduled, I can show you some great Texas diving...thats not for "whimps".....
Karen

#29 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Live a good life...

Be happy...

Be patient...

Go diving...

There will be dead ends. There will be disappointments. You will get side-tracked along the way. "She" will come along when the universe is aligned just so and not one second before.

Until then keep smiling and have fun...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#30 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

It is just as hard to find single men who dive!!! Most of the male divers I know in the Birmingham area are married, but at least their wives are understanding about them diving with a single female! However, it would be nice to have a significant other who enjoys diving, but down here in the south it is too hard to compete with college football, especially this time of year!

You live too far north, Darlin'.

I agree with Beth. I have a ton of friends (both male and female) that I dive with regularly. However, most are either married or spoken for.

It's time to expand your circle of dive buddies.

There are a few of us out here. Guess you just need to look harder. I agree with some of the comments of the other women. Most men don't think that women are 'real' divers. I'm proud to say I've been described as "hard core" when it comes to diving - and I'm single. But Flordia is a LONG way from Washington. Guess you'll have to keep looking - she's out there somewhere, don't give up!

Pensacola's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there. Darlin', I'm in Florida and you're still a LONG way from here.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users