• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FINDING A SINGLE WOMAN WHO DIVES!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

Ron & Greg ~ No party crashing needed ~ you both are invited.
I have you both down as bringing margaritas ! :cool1:

Since DG, CMT and I live sooooo far apart Seattle is often "middle" for us all. :lmao:

I have been diving for 10 years and I still get comments on how strange it is that I am out diving with the "boys".
Puget Sound has a lot of women divers and most of us fall into the "real diver" catagory.

Edited by gis_gal, 30 August 2007 - 09:16 AM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#32 cardiver

cardiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hey, Gis Gal. Where in the PS area do you live? Are you coming on the charter with us next month?
I'm diving at 3 tree tonight if you're interested in showing up there.

#33 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

I live in Kent.
Sorry can't meet you tonight at 3-Tree. I do enjoy that site.

I hope to dive next month but don't know for sure yet.

#34 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

Ron & Greg ~ No party crashing needed ~ you both are invited.
I have you both down as bringing margaritas ! :respect:

Since DG, CMT and I live sooooo far apart Seattle is often "middle" for us all. :lmao:

I have been diving for 10 years and I still get comments on how strange it is that I am out diving with the "boys".
Puget Sound has a lot of women divers and most of us fall into the "real diver" catagory.

So I'm kind of trying to catch up on this. When and where is the party?

Back on topic, I know several single women divers. All of tem dive in the Northwest. The key is to prevent them from going on warm water dive trips. Once they try it warm something crazy happens and they stop diving up here. Then they make some excuse about it being cold and dark and having to wear all that heavy gear.

You can always suggest to a friend with potential that she get certified. PADI will thank you for that.

#35 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

Tony ~ That doesn't happen to all us PNW dive gals.
I have dove warm water on a few times.

Nothing beats the great diving I do at home in the cold dark waters of Puget Sound.

No firm plans made yet. Don't worry I will make sure your in the loop.

New drysuit is ready.. Are you willing to go with me and test this one??
I am told it will fit :P

#36 cardiver

cardiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Of course. Do you still have my contact info?

#37 robcgould

robcgould

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:I have lost too many log books to really know, 2000+

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

I want in on this one!!!
I'm sitting here in the Atlanta area and, except for Beth (thank God for small miracles) there doesn't seem to be any available females in the area.
If anyone fitting the description is looking, contact me.
We need to get a happy hour together!
'Good Divers are ALWAYS Learning'

When you jump out of a plane, you are dead until you do something!

I crack me up! - ALF

#38 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

I want in on this one!!!
I'm sitting here in the Atlanta area and, except for Beth (thank God for small miracles) there doesn't seem to be any available females in the area.

If you guys arrange one, let me know. I'll come down for it. :cheerleader:

But only if you find some single females to attend................ :cheerleader:

#39 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

Gee, you have Beth locally and are still looking??? :cheerleader:

Seriously, they are out there... You just have to be patient and live a good life while you wait.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#40 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

Gee, you have Beth locally and are still looking??? :cheerleader:

Awwww...thanks Simon :thankyou:
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:25 AM

How did I miss this thread???

First even some of the warm water wusses...LIKE ME...dive the PNW!!! Granted its only once a year but hey I live in Texas!

Second you can certainly find single women divers here...and the best part is there are LOTS of them. Will they be in your backyard...maybe maybe not. But we do the PNW Tresure Hunt every year and do our part to help recruit men and women divers to our organization! (Of course we do shows all over the US for the same purpose!)

As for meeting someone...I found the diver of my dreams...but he lives in SC and I live in Texas. Normally I pass as I am not willing to move...something about being a military brat and corporate gyspy all my life and moving 32 times already just precludes men who are geographically undesirable or who won't move to me. However at some point I decided that passing up the man of my dreams because he can't move to Texas was foolish...(yes he offered to sell his business in SC to move here but I could not let him do that) however I did decide to move to him.

So there are single women divers out there...and hopefully they will ALL be members of this site soon! :P

And for those who want to get regular Happy Hours going...that will surely attract new members and give WOMEN a safe way to interact and meet other divers...maybe even you!

So volunteer to help get local SINGLEDIVERS.COM Happy Hours going and I'm sure you'll meet lots of great dive buddies and maybe even a few dive dates! But keep the focus on diving...the chemistry will happen if its meant to be!

I know...it happened to me! :thankyou: :cheerleader: :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#42 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:57 AM

I want in on this one!!!

If you guys arrange one, let me know. I'll come down for it. :cheerleader:

But only if you find some single females to attend................ :thankyou:

If you guys are serious about attending a HH in this area, I will be glad to do the coordination. Later today I'll start a separate thread and see what kinda interest we can generate. I do have a single girlfriend that might be interested. So far I haven't been able to get her to join SD, but I'll keep trying.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#43 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

If you guys are serious about attending a HH in this area, I will be glad to do the coordination. Later today I'll start a separate thread and see what kinda interest we can generate. I do have a single girlfriend that might be interested. So far I haven't been able to get her to join SD, but I'll keep trying.

Remember that to join this board she needs to A) Enjoy travel. B) Be with a bunch of fun divers. C) Want to see some exceptional dive spots. D) Like Canadians... :cheerleader:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#44 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:57 AM

Remember that to join this board she needs to A) Enjoy travel. B) Be with a bunch of fun divers. C) Want to see some exceptional dive spots. D) Like Canadians... :thankyou:

Funny, they don't usually warn you about the "Canadian" thing until they already have you! :cheerleader:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#45 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:32 AM

Funny, they don't usually warn you about the "Canadian" thing until they already have you! :thankyou:

Yup, we keep the Maple Syrup off our chins until it is too late... We are like the Spanish Inquisition... Nobody expects us... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users