• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sept 20-27, 2008 WILD Dolphin & SINGLES AT SEA WEEK Bahamas Expedition

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#76 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:51 AM

Punky - Please upgrade me to upper bearth, but ONLY if a cabin with single beds is available. Sharing a double bed is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks!!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:00 AM

Discount for Sleeping Together:

Sleep together? Yes this boat has 2 cabins with only 1 Double/Queen bed in them therefore we are looking for a total of 3-4 people willing to share a bed in exhange for a discount of $100 per person off the upper cabin price of $1495. If a gal is willing to share one of the upper bunk single double/queen beds with me then I'll give her the $100 discount or if she wants the whole bed I'll sleep in the lobby and dhe can pay the regular price. If it turns out that we can't get enough gals or couples I'll stay with a guy and let him have the bed for the $1495 d/o price and I'll sleep in the lobby.

And NO...we are not a dating service but we are a bunch of friends who will work to make the rooming accommodations work out! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:35 AM

FYI - CE form, waiver and survey sent :lmao:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

Thank you Barb...we'll get the first post updated shortly! And thank you for getting in your docs without punkie having to work hard to get them! :lmao:

If you have not done your paperwork for this or any SD trip you are going on simply click on the link in my signature and enter the password you can get from trips@singledivers.com and then complete the Survey which needs to be emailed to trips@singledivers.com and the waiver which can be either scanned and emailed or faxed to 214-350-7003 or mailed to the Dallas Texas address. PLEASE do not fax or mail the survey (unless its an extra copy) as we need the information in electronic format meaning via email to trips@singledivers.com.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#80 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

WooHoo... Glad to see you are coming. Time for a sequel???

Dream Dive II - The Reckoning...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#81 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

Document Update:

1. Barb aka Diverbabs: Received your Survey, Waiver & EV App!! :cool1:

#82 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

FYI - CE form, waiver and survey sent :teeth:

WooHoo... Glad to see you are coming. Time for a sequel???

Dream Dive II - The Reckoning...

Now there's an :cool1: !!

hey did you happen to see this?????

Cat Wall a.k.a. The Notch
The Cat Wall is a multi level wall dive consisting of several large coral heads sitting on the edge of the Bahama Bank's secondary drop off, where the depths finally drop away to over 500'. On a sand bottom at 85'-95', these coral heads rise to a depth of 65', offering plenty of relief and mountainous vistas. Between the two largest heads is a canyon that runs over the edge of the wall as a sand chute, giving the site it's secondary name. Divers start their dive by dropping down The Notch to their maximum depth, then ascend ahead of decompression obligations to explore the shallower parts of the reef. The reef itself is washed by the warm Gulf Stream current, with outstanding biodiversity as a result. Schools of creole wrasse and bait fish of all sorts hover over the rocks, while smaller tropicals hide in the cracks and crevasses among the coral, gorgonians, and sponges. Along the wall, barrel and rope sponges thrive. Larger game fish feed along the edge here, and large black grouper, dog snapper, horse eye jacks, and king mackerel can be seen. In addition, pelagic fish like wahoo and dolphin (mahi mahi) may be seen on occasion, and at the top of the food chain, caribbean reef and hammerhead sharks are regular sightings.

Woo Hoo!! Hammerheads for Simon!

#83 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:37 AM

As far as hotel I went the Hotwire route hoping to get close to the Las Olas area.

I saw they had an unnamed 4 Star for $93 in the Las Olas area. I went for it and it ended up being the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Total with taxes was $111.00.

It is very close to the airport but there is no shuttle.

It should be a pretty nice place, although it didn't end up being close to the Las Olas area as I wanted.

I am booked there and will just Taxi back and forth, it's only a couple miles.

Squid

Click on the Map Below for a better idea of the location.

Posted Image

Squid.... check out "Super Shuttle" for airport transfer in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for airport transfers. As I recall they chanrge a flat fee and are much cheaper than taxis. !!!!!!

Edited by a_fl_mermaid, 21 May 2008 - 05:39 AM.

#84 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

As far as hotel I went the Hotwire route hoping to get close to the Las Olas area.

I saw they had an unnamed 4 Star for $93 in the Las Olas area. I went for it and it ended up being the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel. Total with taxes was $111.00.

It is very close to the airport but there is no shuttle.

It should be a pretty nice place, although it didn't end up being close to the Las Olas area as I wanted.

I am booked there and will just Taxi back and forth, it's only a couple miles.

Squid

Click on the Map Below for a better idea of the location.

Posted Image

Squid - I'm likely coming down Friday night as well. I'll confirm when it gets closer, but I'll try to stay at the same hotel. I'd be happy to have you aboard "Babs Airport Transfers" if you wish. :teeth:
I'll use Park n' Fly to dump my car in the morning and get us to the airport.

#85 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

My leave slip was approved today, so I'm definitely in. :teeth: The check for the full amount minus $50 for early booking is in the mail. I would like a lower berth (cheap, cheap, cheap), D/O, and nitrox. Any word on the charter yet? I looked at air from FLL to Bimini and it was the same ($250) as what I'm going to pay from Denver to FLL. If it works out cheaper, I'm interested. I'll get flights to FLL booked and fill out paperwork next week. See you there!

Kelly

#86 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

My leave slip was approved today, so I'm definitely in. :teeth: The check for the full amount minus $50 for early booking is in the mail. I would like a lower berth (cheap, cheap, cheap), D/O, and nitrox. Any word on the charter yet? I looked at air from FLL to Bimini and it was the same ($250) as what I'm going to pay from Denver to FLL. If it works out cheaper, I'm interested. I'll get flights to FLL booked and fill out paperwork next week. See you there!

Kelly

:teeth: I'll ask about the charter, and let you know.

#87 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

Kelly

Awesome! It will be great to see you again Kelly! :teeth: :dance: :)

#88 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

My leave slip was approved today, so I'm definitely in. :) The check for the full amount minus $50 for early booking is in the mail. I would like a lower berth (cheap, cheap, cheap), D/O, and nitrox. Any word on the charter yet? I looked at air from FLL to Bimini and it was the same ($250) as what I'm going to pay from Denver to FLL. If it works out cheaper, I'm interested. I'll get flights to FLL booked and fill out paperwork next week. See you there!

Kelly

The top 2 things on my list are finish the Curacao trip in Nov and get this charter squared away. I will have BOTH done shortly but I'll be offline for most of today as my office is moving...no not to SC but out temporarily for work to be done on it.

formerly...

#89 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:57 AM

I'd be happy to have you aboard "Babs Airport Transfers"

I'll take a seat on that train. :)

I'd even sit with the luggage at the airport if you wanted to drop me off and you run to Park n' Fly and not have to haul all that gear around.

However you want to work it is fine with me.

We'll swap info and work it all out later.

Squidly
A Proud Member of "Team America" (F**K Yeah)

Edited by Houston Squid, 28 May 2008 - 06:59 AM.

Signature under construction :)

#90 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:49 AM

My leave slip was approved today, so I'm definitely in. :wakawaka: The check for the full amount minus $50 for early booking is in the mail. I would like a lower berth (cheap, cheap, cheap), D/O, and nitrox. Any word on the charter yet? I looked at air from FLL to Bimini and it was the same ($250) as what I'm going to pay from Denver to FLL. If it works out cheaper, I'm interested. I'll get flights to FLL booked and fill out paperwork next week. See you there!

Kelly

Awesome! It will be great to see you again Kelly! :cool1: :) :)

Right Back at you Babs!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users