• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Belize Baby!

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Excellent video!!!!

#62 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

Pup aka Neptuner, I like you attitude, man! I have mixed feelings on what we did for the resort developers but all in all, we did know upfront what we'd be doing. While I don't know exactly how much they did subsidize the trip - I'm thinking "not too much" -- Belize was worth it for me personally and I did get to learn a lot about diving and dive resorts, not from them, but from all the SDers who gave their input. Wish I could have stuck around another couple days to hang out with everyone some more and hear that guitar a bit.

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

Pup aka Neptuner, I like you attitude, man! I have mixed feelings on what we did for the resort developers but all in all, we did know upfront what we'd be doing. While I don't know exactly how much they did subsidize the trip - I'm thinking "not too much" -- Belize was worth it for me personally and I did get to learn a lot about diving and dive resorts, not from them, but from all the SDers who gave their input. Wish I could have stuck around another couple days to hang out with everyone some more and hear that guitar a bit.

Bpro you did more than you realize. We spent 4+ hours with them the next day making the things we talked about a 'reality' with them and their general contractor. The plans have been finalized now and they have provisioned for dive shop, storage, drying area, proper pool, compressor and even the right number and kind of boats.

As for price it depends on what you call 'not too much'...many paid little in add-on fares on their airfare and most were well over $600. Rooms were costed at $200 per night for the add-on nights only...base nights were less and some found condos nearby for $100 walk in rate. Would you go to Belize without a room and take your chances? We stayed in very nice suites and not hotel style rooms and we had nearly the entire hotel to ourselves. The diving was compatible with all the operators so all in all I think we did quite well...especially for those who signed up at the last minute. A trip to Belize for a week for $1300+ which includes airfare can not be beat! Even the 5 day pkg INCLUDING AIR $1075...you can't beat it. This is THE LEAST EXPENSIVE TRIP I'VE EVER DONE OUT OF COUNTRY!

But then the next time we try something different...if we do...hopefully people will do the necessary legwork to make the best decision they can!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

A trip to Belize for a week for $1300+ which includes airfare can not be beat! Even the 5 day pkg INCLUDING AIR $1075...you can't beat it. This is THE LEAST EXPENSIVE TRIP I'VE EVER DONE OUT OF COUNTRY!

But then the next time we try something different...if we do...hopefully people will do the necessary legwork to make the best decision they can!

You'll get no argument from me! :cheerleader: Don't get me wrong - it was worth every penny especially when you consider that we got to spend it with 18 (?) very cool people.

#65 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:19 PM

Thanks everyone for all the pics posted. Drew, can you post your nurse shark videos?

Done. You can see it raw and un edited here: http://www.youtube.com/seaducer9022

Te nurse shark video is pretty long, almost 5 minutes. The others are shorter...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#66 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

it was worth every penny especially when you consider that we got to spend it with 18 (?) very cool people.

Only 18?!

#67 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

it was worth every penny especially when you consider that we got to spend it with 18 (?) very cool people.

Only 18?!

Nice to see you back on the board, Peter! :cool1:

#68 Ric

Ric

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 1,000

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

A trip to Belize for a week for $1300+ which includes airfare can not be beat! Even the 5 day pkg INCLUDING AIR $1075...you can't beat it. This is THE LEAST EXPENSIVE TRIP I'VE EVER DONE OUT OF COUNTRY!

You'll get no argument from me! :cool1: Don't get me wrong - it was worth every penny especially when you consider that we got to spend it with 18 (?) very cool people.

And you even turned out to be a cool roomie, plus a very good diver!!

#69 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:52 AM

Thanks everyone for all the pics posted. Drew, can you post your nurse shark videos?

Done. You can see it raw and un edited here: http://www.youtube.com/seaducer9022

Te nurse shark video is pretty long, almost 5 minutes. The others are shorter...

Thanks Drew! What memories :diver: :cool1:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#70 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:19 AM

You betcha. I am just glad I remembered to hold the camera! Those sharks were awesome. Now I gotta get some editing done and make that video shorter, without my bubbles...
Drew Z.

#71 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

You betcha. I am just glad I remembered to hold the camera! Those sharks were awesome. Now I gotta get some editing done and make that video shorter, without my bubbles...

I like the bubbles...
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#72 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Drew! What memories :thankyou: :cheerleader:

I like the bubbles...

I like bubbles too....Oh yeah, isn't that supposed to be my new name???
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#73 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

I like the bubbles...

Yeah, come to think of it!!! How come you haven't changed your name yet??? :welcome:
Drew Z.

#74 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

I like the bubbles...

Yeah, come to think of it!!! How come you haven't changed your name yet??? :welcome:

I don't think I have the "power", WW said it is something she could do.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#75 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

good slide show zac, jsut a couple of questions who was being long hosed or getting a free ride towards the end of the slide show?

Neptuner - Those pictures where pretty good when i saw those it gave me a idea for a shot very close to that set up but more dramatic (who ever shot that could you sent me those i have a idea for a edit and will post the final)

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users