• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION THREAD: Belize It Baby...May 2-9, 2009

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE- THREAD NOW ONLY THE DISCUSSION THREAD:

This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING... Click HERE! It is open first to our Premier Members for 7 days until Dec 11th and then it will be open to our general members and non-members. This trip should sell out quickly since the price is only $628 for 7 nites 5 days diving and breakfast daily. The resort is close to town and has the dive shop ON PREMISES! And we are going to do some exploratory diving in the far far far North end of the island...we'll see sites that have not been dove much if at all and we may even discover some new ones. :wakawaka:

If the link above does not work then consider joining as a Premeir Member. Its only $35 per year and you'll get $25 back if you apply after EVERY trip you take with us! Plus you'll be able to look at member's profiles, send private messages to other premier members, and qualify for fantastic discounts too good to publish with our partners and suppliers. Not bad for $35!

To upgrade go to MY CONTROLS (in the same line as LOGGED IN AS...) then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left. Then follow the prompts to pay via paypay which is instant or via post service if paying via check which updates only after we receive your payment. Let us know if you need any help by emailing admin@singledivers.com :lmao:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally at some point I'd like to get down your way. The last two single divers trips to Belize were so last minute there was no way I could pull them off or already had plans for that timeframe.

Don't worry...Belize is in our plans again!

Yes its true...we are looking at Belize again for either Feb or April or May 2009. The main drawback I see is the rates are during high season so may not be affordable. However the diving in Belize is beautiful and the people extremely friendly and well...its a great place to be.

Let us know if you would be interested in Belize again or would you prefer something else in the Caribbean?

Interested List:

1. Beth aka Bubbles
2. Chris aka Bpro
3. Jen aka Scuba Jen
4. Eric aka smokingun
5. Tammy aka Landlocked divenut
6. Stan aka scubaski
7. Maurice aka Canuck in TX
8. George aka Georoc01
9. Gerry aka Fairfield59
10. Carlos aka CJDives
11. Fred aka ev780
12. Susie aka Susiq
13. Jeff aka o2dive12

Edited by WreckWench, 12 December 2008 - 09:16 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Personally at some point I'd like to get down your way. The last two single divers trips to Belize were so last minute there was no way I could pull them off or already had plans for that timeframe.

Don't worry...Belize is in our plans again!

:cool1: I might consider Belize again in 2009. Out of the places I've been so far, that is one I wouldn't mind re-visiting!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#3 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

^ Ditto...especially if we do some of those more northern dive sites that you all did this year.

#4 Scuba Jen

Scuba Jen

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver-Working on DM
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

BRING IT ON!!!! :birthday:
I want to go to Belize like crazy...I'll go FOR SURE, and I'll plan/commit now! I want to see the BLUE HOLE. Let's get a group to go...I'm new to this, so not sure how it really works. Who sets up the trips? Do specific people typically set things up/get better rates?

Edited by Scuba Jen, 08 July 2008 - 05:48 PM.

Scuba Jen

#5 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

I just came back 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Enjoyed the Blue Hole but my favorite dive was the aquariam. Lots of fish and easy diving. We did have to laugh because the goal of the group was to see a manta ray on this trip. The one dive we sat out was the only one the ray showed up on. He of course had to be a smart alec and do barrel rolls and show off for the few that were in the water.
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#6 smokingun

smokingun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Board Status:no
  • Cert Level:Advance
  • Logged Dives:over 60

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

Let me know when you have firm dates. I've always wanted to dive in Belize. I'll go as long as I am not deployed again to Iraq or Afghanistan.

#7 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

I've dived the northern sites, from Ambergris Caye. Loved the diving, but absolutely hated the boat trip through the cut in the reef - worst boat nausea ever! Small boats and big swells..... I was there in June, the start of their rainy season. I won't do the northern sites again at that time of year, because I was so miserable even with all the dramamine in my system. Is it cut any calmer at another time of year?

I'd love to dive that series of reefs again, if I can avoid feeding the fish so much! :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

I've dived the northern sites, from Ambergris Caye. Loved the diving, but absolutely hated the boat trip through the cut in the reef - worst boat nausea ever! Small boats and big swells..... I was there in June, the start of their rainy season. I won't do the northern sites again at that time of year, because I was so miserable even with all the dramamine in my system. Is it cut any calmer at another time of year?

I'd love to dive that series of reefs again, if I can avoid feeding the fish so much! :thankyou:

We were there in June and it was quite calm. So June is no worse than other months for seas....BUT we were there 2 weeks after a major rain the mosquitos had INVADED and they were MISERABLE...give me rough seas ANYDAY OVER DAMN MOSQUITOS!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Let me know when you have firm dates. I've always wanted to dive in Belize. I'll go as long as I am not deployed again to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Darling the beauty of planning NOW for 2009 is I have flexibility for the dates. When are you most likely to be able to go? We'll plan around YOU! :thankyou: :cool1:

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

BRING IT ON!!!! :thankyou:
I want to go to Belize like crazy...I'll go FOR SURE, and I'll plan/commit now! I want to see the BLUE HOLE. Let's get a group to go...I'm new to this, so not sure how it really works. Who sets up the trips? Do specific people typically set things up/get better rates?

Glad you want to do this trip! I ask these questions so I have a good idea of what our members want and where they want to dive. Then I plan them for the group getting any and all discounts I can find for our members. Pretty good at it too...been doing 12-24 trips a year now for almost 5 years as singledivers.com and 3-6 a year before that for Red Wet and Blue Scubadiving for another 9 years before SD.com.

We'll certainly add in a Blue Hole option and perhaps some of the other cool options as well.

Looks like Belize is go for 2009!

formerly...

#11 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

I'd love to dive that series of reefs again, if I can avoid feeding the fish so much! :thankyou:

We were there in June and it was quite calm. So June is no worse than other months for seas....BUT we were there 2 weeks after a major rain the mosquitos had INVADED and they were MISERABLE...give me rough seas ANYDAY OVER DAMN MOSQUITOS!!!

As someone who spent the first portion of my life in Alaska - mosquito capital of the US-DITTO!!

#12 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

I'd like to work the CABANA scene closer to downtown San Pedro more options for suntan lotion vendors and food-drink purveyours!!! :wakawaka: :-D :cool2: :o :P
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#13 Canuck in Texas

Canuck in Texas

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

Belize!!!!

Count me in. That's my dream spot since I even thought about diving. I would even rearange my schedule for that one.

Maurice
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is looking.Posted Image

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

Belize!!!!

Count me in. That's my dream spot since I even thought about diving. I would even rearange my schedule for that one.

Maurice

Great! I'm hoping we can meet the schedule of one of Divers In Uniform so as soon as he can get back to me I'll start planning this for next year! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

I'd like to work the CABANA scene closer to downtown San Pedro more options for suntan lotion vendors and food-drink purveyours!!! :wakawaka: :-D :cool2: :o :P

Yeah I loved the resort we stayed at in June but it was pretty isolated. Now if all of SD took it over that would be different but being closer to town would be more ideal! Thanks for the feedback! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users