• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

07: ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT! Bali Wakatobi Part II...July 11(arrive 13th) to July 24th (arrive US 24th)

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#181 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. Extra nights for KeysBuddy and SpaceDiver are being arranged. Did you both agree to room together to save money or do you want separate rooms? You should be on the same flights.

2. I will do a break out for the two trips so you can plan your tips better. However having a lot of smaller bills is better if doing your tips in cash. If you are going to exchange for local currency then using NEW $100 bills is good.

3. TRIP DOCS: Since we run group trips we rarely issue any group docs however since 2 of you are arriving early I will be sending you documentation as well as posting the same general info such as hotel contact info etc.

4. WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL: In our private forum I will post a detailed description of what you need to do upon arrival. This will cover those arriving early as well as staying late.

Hello,

I have not yet arranged for a place to stay in Bali the day before the main group arrives. I am interested in the possibility of sharing a room or hearing about any recommendations or advice such as from KeysBuddy. Since this is my rirst SD trip, I want to find out ahead of time how to meet up with the main group. I imagine meeting at baggage claim may work, but flights may be delayed, so I would also like to determine how to contact the airline to get flight status.

SpaceDiver

WW is arranging for your stay for the extra day. We will let you know if sharing a room is a possibility. KeysBuddy will be arriving a day before you.

#182 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Trying to plan for cash on this trip...if we opt to do sight seeing in Bali, how much will transportation (or other expenses I'm not thinking about) roughly cost?

#183 Kuraman

Kuraman

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Trying to plan for cash on this trip...if we opt to do sight seeing in Bali, how much will transportation (or other expenses I'm not thinking about) roughly cost?

Victoria can probably give you a good answer, she did a few sidetrips last year, but plan on $25-$50 depending on type. River rafting is probably the most @ $45.

If you take cab to Ubud (whic is a good trip, just ask what it will cost for the entire day, negotiate, usually about $40-50
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#184 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Victoria can probably give you a good answer, she did a few sidetrips last year, but plan on $25-$50 depending on type. River rafting is probably the most @ $45.

If you take cab to Ubud (whic is a good trip, just ask what it will cost for the entire day, negotiate, usually about $40-50

Thanks, not sure what options there are, but that helps!

#185 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Document Update:

1. Thomas aka SpaceDiver ww got your waiver! :respect:

#186 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Kamala,
Can you give the #'s for the hotels in case someone needs to get in touch. I may be overlooking it in the thread. Thanks, see ya, soon
Deb

#187 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hey gang...I will be posting info on sightseeing shortly and set up a private forum for better discussion. Stay tuned.

I'll also get emergency contact numbers for everyone as well as confirmations for extra nights etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you did not supply us your passport number and expiry and birthdate along with FULL FLIGHT DETAILS please do so. If you do then we can arrange for you to be met by a resort representative and they will have done pre-customs clearance of your entry into the country. If you have not supplied us that information then you will have to wait in the exceedingly long lines and clear with the hundreds of other people that the rest of us will bypass.

So once again...if you did not give us your passport number, expiry date, birthdate and FULL FLIGHT DETAILS including flight numbers, arrival times and dates then we can not help you clear customs quickly. :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#188 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

1. Please check your passport to see if you have at least 6 months until it expires. If it does expire within 6 months please contact me immediately for assistance on how to facilitate your arrival into Indonesia.

2. Swine Flu is being taken VERY seriously in Indonesia. I have a colleague that is running a trip to the same area and does so monthly. He indicates that we may have to be subjected to a blood test upon arrival into Bali. I am trying to confirm this via other channels but wanted to give you a heads up. Of course if we are requested to take a blood test and/or give a sample of blood please of course watch to ensure that they use a clean needle before taking a sample from you.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#189 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hey gang...I will be posting info on sightseeing shortly and set up a private forum for better discussion. Stay tuned.

I'll also get emergency contact numbers for everyone as well as confirmations for extra nights etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you did not supply us your passport number and expiry and birthdate along with FULL FLIGHT DETAILS please do so. If you do then we can arrange for you to be met by a resort representative and they will have done pre-customs clearance of your entry into the country. If you have not supplied us that information then you will have to wait in the exceedingly long lines and clear with the hundreds of other people that the rest of us will bypass.

So once again...if you did not give us your passport number, expiry date, birthdate and FULL FLIGHT DETAILS including flight numbers, arrival times and dates then we can not help you clear customs quickly. :cool1:

I have everyones info except for Birthdays. Please send me a PM with your birthday. :diver:

#190 grayfins

grayfins

Meeting folks

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, NITROX; Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:365

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:23 AM

Incase you do not have the information:

Thanks Bill. All I needed was your birthday.

Deleted post to remove personal information.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 July 2009 - 05:32 AM.

#191 SpaceDiver

SpaceDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:299

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

So once again...if you did not give us your passport number, expiry date, birthdate and FULL FLIGHT DETAILS including flight numbers, arrival times and dates then we can not help you clear customs quickly. :wakawaka:

I have everyones info except for Birthdays. Please send me a PM with your birthday. :D

Hi ScubaPunk,

Since I will be arriving the day before the main group, is the pre-customs clearance available for me too?
SpaceDiver

Edit to remove personal information.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 July 2009 - 05:11 PM.

#192 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

Important Trip UPDATES:

MONEY:

Yes in Indonesia, you need Clean, new, monsey w/ NO writing on it. Also you will have a problem changing less than a 20, they want 100's, and you will get a better exchange rate with bigger bills. Basically you will only spend money on incedentals, tips, and shopping for 'stuff'. You can easily go thru $100 for souvenirs, tips at the Bali resort maybe $15-20/day total, drinks $1 for a coke, $3 for drink or beer (probably high on this one, as I take my own booze). I don't shop much, but do pick up some food there to bring back, and I usually change $200, and have Rp left after a 5 day trip which I spend in the airport. The resort may be able to change some money for folks, as they deal in USD at the resort, so everything can be settled in $USD. Just make sure they are clean new ones. Remeber $200 US is just short of Rp 2,000,000, you will have a big wad of bills, hard to get Rp100,000 notes, usually Rp50,000.
Mike

NOTE: You'll need approx $50US for the last night hotel in Bali if flying on Cathay Pacific.

SIGHTSEEING IDEAS AND OPTIONS AND INFORMATION:

WHEN: We will have some time to sight see in the afternoons after diving if you like and on the last day before departing for Wakatobi as well as on the day we return back to Bali before our international flight home to LAX. And two of you will have a chance to do some sightseeing early when you first arrive...or just relax and get ready for your trip. Some people may want to spend the entire time looking around Ubud, it is the 'artsy' town on Bali like Taos NM. The largest temple on Bali is also in Ubud (Pura Besikah).

HOW MUCH: Most places cost only the transport to them. Plan on $30-$40 US (or slightly less if you have more people) plus tip for the 'cost' of sightseeing which will be a private van taking you from our resort to Ubud and/or other places. If we stay near the airport on our return which is our plan, we usually stay close to shopping and other amenities where we found fabulous gifts and souveniers last year. TYPICALLY the price of a full day of tours is the same or only slightly more than that of a half a day. So don't assume the price is half as that is not the case.

HOW LONG: Tours are either a half a day due to distances traveled or a full day. Most people opted for the half day tours but some really wanted to experience Bali and maximized ALL that could be done in this beautiful country. See a sample tour below and places that others say are 'MUST SEE'.

HOW TO SET ONE UP: Once we get to the resort we'll plan to set some tours up. For those arriving early our plan will be to do at least a half day tour to including Ubud, shopping, a temple, Museum Puri Lukisan (musuem). On our return to Bali after the trip we'll focus again on shopping and more cosmopolitan sights in and around the airport area. NOTE: Please bring cash to cover your tours.

Places in and Near Ubud Courtesy of Trip Advisor:

Pura Besakih, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #2 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Attraction type: Religious site
Traveler Reviews: Jul 12, 2008 "Largest temple in Bali - not to be missed"
Jun 30, 2005 "Amazing Temple Complex"

Istana Tampak Siring, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #3 of 24 attractions in Ubud
This legendary pond inside the inner courtyard at Tirta Empul temple is said to have magical healing powers.
Attraction type: Landmark/point of interest
Traveler Reviews: Jul 13, 2008 "Take a dip in the cooling - it's fantastic"

Museum Puri Lukisan, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #4 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Attraction type: Art museum
Traveler Reviews: Jul 20, 2008 "The real museum of Ubud"

Bali's Countryside Cycling, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #5 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Attraction type: Tour
Traveler Reviews: Jul 26, 2008 "countryside cycling"

Rice Terraces of Tegalalang and Ubud, Tegalalang

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #1 of 1 attractions in Tegalalang Rice Terraces in Tegalalang and Ubud
Attraction type: Landmark/point of interest
Traveler Reviews: Jun 28, 2008 "RICE TERRACES OF BALI are fantastic"

Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA), Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #6 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Cultural events and fine arts come together in this museum, officially opened in 1996.
Traveler Reviews: Apr 3, 2008 "One of the top 3 Museums in Ubud"
Nov 20, 2006 "Klimatisierung"

Monkey Forest, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #7 of 24 attractions in Ubud
In this unusual place of worship, mischievous simians throng among sacred temples and lush greenery.
Attraction type: Nature reserve
Traveler Reviews: Sep 4, 2008 "Not reccommended!!"
Jul 8, 2008 "Timing is everthing"
Jul 2, 2008 "Worth a visit"
Per our own members...watch your glasses, hats and purses...they may be snatched my 'monkey snatchers'. Very fun and playful and a good time.

The Blanco Renaissance Museum, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #8 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Attraction type: Museum
Traveler Reviews: Apr 3, 2008 "Something you have to see - great"

Nur Salon, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #9 of 24 attractions in Ubud
Attraction type: Spa
Traveler Reviews: May 8, 2008 "I love Nur's salon"
Feb 12, 2008 "Overpriced"
Mar 25, 2007 "Nur Spa is memorable"

Museum Neka, Ubud

TripAdvisor Popularity Index: #10 of 24 attractions in Ubud

River rafting takes a good 1/2 day, but I'm not sure that they have an afternoon trip (this is better for those who want to do someting before or after the trip).

OTHER THINGS TO DO:

There is shopping galore and you'll find FAMOUS BALI SILVER! There is the Elephant park/rides on the way back to Padang Bai fron Ubud. Several members raved about the elephant rides and river rafting and several found a full day tour consisting of a native dance troop performance, an amazing jewelry shop, a wood carving shop, a batik place, lunch at a local eatery, tour of one beautiful shrine, and a trip to the monkey forest...ALL in one day. So you can do a lot in one full day.

A FEW EXTRAS IN THE WORKS:

Last year we had the local dancers perform for us at the resort and they were wonderful! We are working on making this happen again this year. MORE COMING...

formerly...

#193 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

So once again...if you did not give us your passport number, expiry date, birthdate and FULL FLIGHT DETAILS including flight numbers, arrival times and dates then we can not help you clear customs quickly. :thankyou:

I have everyones info except for Birthdays. Please send me a PM with your birthday. :cool1:

Hi ScubaPunk,

Since I will be arriving the day before the main group, is the pre-customs clearance available for me too?
SpaceDiver

It's for everyone.

#194 Kuraman

Kuraman

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

So once again...if you did not give us your passport number, expiry date, birthdate and FULL FLIGHT DETAILS including flight numbers, arrival times and dates then we can not help you clear customs quickly. :thankyou:

I have everyones info except for Birthdays. Please send me a PM with your birthday. :cool1:

I arrive on Thursday 16ht of July
Singapore Airlines SQ 946
at 19:10 hrs

Passport info will be sent by PM

Hi ScubaPunk,

SpaceDiver

Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#195 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hi ScubaPunk,

SpaceDiver

YES it is both to you and Susan IF we have complete info on you both! A rep from Wakatobi will meet you at the airport and guide you thru the customs processing. :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users