• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

07: ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT! Bali Wakatobi Part II...July 11(arrive 13th) to July 24th (arrive US 24th)

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#91 Dragon Diver

Dragon Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open diver
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hi Kamala! I recently wrote to SingleDivers.com to sign up for the September Roatan trip. But I think I'm going to change my mind and sign on for this trip. Is it too late to sign up for this trip?

I request d/o, Garden Bungalow.
I may be diving NITROX. Would like to get certified while out there.
I would like to sign up for and find out what the cost is for the afternoon sight seeing in Bali.
I would like to be part of the Charter air group on Singapore Airlines from LAX to/from Densapar Bali DSP. Would like cost information and schedule information as soon as possible to complete my survey.

Hope I can still go. If so, I'll send info and $$ ASAP! :wakawaka: :thankyou:

Ami

#92 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi Kamala! I recently wrote to SingleDivers.com to sign up for the September Roatan trip. But I think I'm going to change my mind and sign on for this trip. Is it too late to sign up for this trip?

I would like to sign up for and find out what the cost is for the afternoon sight seeing in Bali.
I would like to be part of the Charter air group on Singapore Airlines from LAX to/from Densapar Bali DSP. Would like cost information and schedule information as soon as possible to complete my survey.

Hope I can still go. If so, I'll send info and $$ ASAP! :wakawaka: :thankyou:

Ami

It is not too late to sign up for this trip! I'll put you on the list.

#93 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

Hope I can still go. If so, I'll send info and $$ ASAP! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Ami

Welcome Ami! :cheerleader:

Since you had no money on the Roatan trip yet...you can change to any trip you like and especially this one! :birthday:

This will by far ruin your vision of diving forever...but you'll learn to cope like others before you and realize that the whole world can't be as beautiful as Wakatobi or Wakatobi would not be so special!

I'll try to finalize the tour stuff but its not very expensive...$20 to $40 usually and most of that is for the van/gas. When we are in Bali the extra day we can walk to the market from our hotel usually so that sightseeing is basically free.

You can fly via Singapore but the bulk of the group is flying via Cathay Pacific. Please call me to work out flight arrangements! 214-350-7003.

Please do send your $$ asap as I spoke with LOTS of people at the NJ show and had a number of people interested in the final spots we have available.

It will be great to have you join us...Kamala

p.s. I'll get a price for doing Nitrox in Wakatobi for you. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#94 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Kamala,
I put $1240 in the mail yesterday--I think this should make my balance is 0; just let me if I owe any more. Thanks. I put my signed consent for Galapagos in with this check.
Have a nice day.
Debra

#95 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:02 AM

Kamala,
I put $1240 in the mail yesterday--I think this should make my balance is 0; just let me if I owe any more. Thanks. I put my signed consent for Galapagos in with this check.
Have a nice day.
Debra

AWESOME! And thank you for posting this! This helps us be on the look out for payments! :canuckdiver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

I think I should be on the nitrox list here. Did I miss something in my post? thanks

#97 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

I think I should be on the nitrox list here. Did I miss something in my post? thanks

It was I who missed it. Fixed now. :birthday:

#98 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

Payment Update:

1. Deb aka Deb4Diving ww got your ck for $1240! :birthday:

#99 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

Info Update:

Dive Insurance is Mandatory for All SingleDivers.com Trips. If I have contacted you to send me your insurance number and expiration date, please do so ASAP! :flower:

Trip insurance is STRONGLY suggested...in turbulent times if you need to cancel or the weather delays you or flight troubles...the insurance will cover you.

DIVE Insurance such as Dive Assure or DAN etc is REQUIRED because as the trip leader I can not bear the emotional strain of watching one of our members suffer or even die in front of me because they do not have THOUSANDS of dollars of credit limit which can then be spent on treatments in other countries. Unlike the US which has to treat you to some extent regardless...in other countries...if you have no money you will get no services. And I do not have the money to pay for your treatments which is why I have DIVE INSURANCE from BOTH Dan and DiveAssure. Its cheap at the price and one or the other will pay for everything dive accident or illness related.

So PLEASE :wakawaka: do yourself and your loved ones and friends a favor...and get your DIVE INSURANCE now and keep it current! In fact take a moment right now to ensure its renewed! This helps us when you do travel with us but it helps YOU when you don't!

Proper and FAST treatment of illness/injury on a dive trip is the SECRET to surviving and diving again! :flower:

formerly...

#100 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

My flight info to and from LAX...I will be staying with family for a few days and discovering how much my nieces have grown....

Denver CO (DEN), US
07/08/2009, 05:50 PM
Los Angeles CA (LAX), US
07/08/2009, 07:15 PM
F9 406
Frontier Airlines

I'll meet everyone on the 7/11 flight in the evening...

Los Angeles CA (LAX), US
07/26/2009, 06:20 AM
Denver CO (DEN), US
07/26/2009, 09:39 AM
F9 416
Frontier Airlines

#101 Kuraman

Kuraman

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

Folks,
I know i have not been very active posting to this forum (at least not as active as I was for last years trip). Moving, trying to stay employed etc. But I will try to be more diligent.

I will answer any questions I can about Bali & Bali diving.
I will be joining you for the Wakatobi portion of the trip AS SOON AS THE WENCH GETS ME MY INVOICE I WILL PAY.

I arrive in Bali July 16th, Singapore Airlines 946 at 4:40 pm. I will make my own arrangements for lodging that night, probably stay in Sanur, but might come to PB. Not sure I want to endure the chaos of packing the bus for the trip to Sanur the next morning :birthday:

NOTE; If anyone doing the Bali portion is "hard on air", My 120ltr Steel tank is at Padang Bai and anyone is welcome to use it. Kamala can decide if more than 1 person wants this. It is heavy, you'll probably drop at least 2Kg of weights. I would also suggest if you take advantage of this you personally tip the Boat boy in PB and the porter in Tulamben a little extra.

If you go boat diving somewhere before you make this trip, I woud suggest you practice a "back roll entry". That is what you will be doing from the boats in Bali. Also if you have a pair of hard soled old sandals that you can attach to your BCD & you don't mind leaving at the end of the trip, I would suggest then for the "beach" entry at Tulamben (it is a cobblestone beach).

Kuraman
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#102 Kuraman

Kuraman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

I'm interested in possibly getting a custom wetsuit at Padang Bai ... is that still possible? How does that work and what is the cost for a wetsuit if so?

Is it possible to get different thicknesses? I may be interested in a 5mm, but am also wondering about 7mm. What options are available...and how do options effect the price? :birthday:

Don't know if WW answered this for you. You can get any thickness or get 2 wetsuits, or a combo 3/5, 5/7 etc. Combo's cost a little more. They will measure you in PB, and your wetsuit will be ready when you return to Bali. They have a website http://www.nemowetsuit.com/ and the price is dependent on what you want, # of zippers, paockets etc.

The pric has a reasonable discount from their published prices
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#103 Kuraman

Kuraman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

The only questions I have about this trip are:
What time do I meet you for the plane to Wakatobi if I don't join you in PB?
How much is the Nitrox in Wakatobi? Do they want Rp or USD?

#104 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Folks,
I know i have not been very active posting to this forum (at least not as active as I was for last years trip). Moving, trying to stay employed etc. But I will try to be more diligent.

I will answer any questions I can about Bali & Bali diving.
I will be joining you for the Wakatobi portion of the trip AS SOON AS THE WENCH GETS ME MY INVOICE I WILL PAY.

If you go boat diving somewhere before you make this trip, I woud suggest you practice a "back roll entry". That is what you will be doing from the boats in Bali. Also if you have a pair of hard soled old sandals that you can attach to your BCD & you don't mind leaving at the end of the trip, I would suggest then for the "beach" entry at Tulamben (it is a cobblestone beach).

Kuraman

Hey Kuraman,

Hope the job situation is going okay...glad to see you posting. WW is at the Pacific Northwest Dive Show this weekend so she may need a little time on that invoice... Looking forward to meeting you for the Wakatobi portion.

I'm kind of confused... I'm okay with a backward roll entry from a boat, we were doing all back roll entries in the Grenadines, but what do you mean about attaching sandals to your BCD?...Hmm, I'm thinking more now and is this simply an alternative to wearing a boot and then attaching the sandals to your BCD after you take them off to put on your fins-so you have them with you the whole dive...then put them on at the end of the dive?...Have I sorted it out or have I made a mess? (I can envision me making a mess, LOL!)

The only questions I have about this trip are:
What time do I meet you for the plane to Wakatobi if I don't join you in PB?
How much is the Nitrox in Wakatobi? Do they want Rp or USD?

I think Nitrox is quoted at either $190 or $180 in the extras in USD. I don't know if they prefer Rp or USD, but people were looking for new USD bills in October and finding it difficult because apparently it's best to order those bills.

I'll let WW answer the rest as she can...

#105 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Found it!

Nitrox upgrade ($190 in Wakatobi payable at Resort)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users