• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

04: NorthWest Dive & Travel Expo April 25th and 26th 2009

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

April 25-26th, 2009:
Northwest Dive & Travel Expo
Web:
http://www.nwdiveandtravelexpo.com

Ok mark your calendars...SD will have our 2nd ANNUAL booth at this show and we would LOVE to see you there too! And if you want to help with the show...we need to supply a certain number of volunteers to the show in order to get our discounted booth price! Plus SD will need a few peeps to help work in our booth!

Last year we were instrumental in helping the show get started so we have a very proud legacy to keep! We NEED your help this year to keep the momentum going! And check out our location for the show...front and center! Suhweet!!

p.s. These shows help us recruit new members which enables us to keep filling our trips and therefore keep existing. Please consider helping us to help build our club! The NW is a Beautiful Place to visit...just ask sassi, keith, scubatooth and others who traveled to help us last year from all over the US!!! :wakawaka:

How can our awesome members help get the word out about the PNW Dive & Travel Expo??

The more attendees we can get to attend the show, the better chance we have for signing up new members and potential dive buddies.

We want to get the word out to as many divers, dive shops, travel agencies, and other industry-related people as we can!

Let's post our ideas here, and then everyone who reads the thread can help out by trying to get the word out to their own connections using the ideas listed.

If you need a link to the Expo's web site to help spread the word, here you go: http://www.nwdiveandtravelexpo.com

Who's Helping The Show and/or SD Booth:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench (SD Booth and Show)
2. Michelle aka cmt489
3. George aka Tolly
4. Nicolle aka dive_girl
5. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
6. Keith aka KeithT4U
7. Sassi
8. Dan aka Scubatooth
9. Ken aka ScubaKen
10. Chris aka ch20diver
11. Mike aka pnwdiver
12. Duncan aka BottomTime (Saturday or Sunday)

Who's Going to the Happy Hour:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench of course!
2. Michelle aka cmt489
3. George aka Tolly
4. Nicolle aka dive_girl
5. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
6. Keith aka KeithT4U
7. Sassi
8. Dan aka Scubatooth
9. Ken aka ScubaKen
10. Chris aka ch20diver
11. Mike aka pnwdiver
12. Duncan aka BottomTime

Who Would Like to Arrive Early or Stay Late to do some PNW DIVING???:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench...I'm always up for diving the PNW!
2. Nicolle aka dive_girl ...OF COURSE!!
3. Ken aka ScubaKen

Edited by diverdeb, 31 January 2009 - 07:44 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

As promised, George and I will be there to help with the show and attend the HH!

#3 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

As promised, George and I will be there to help with the show and attend the HH!

We've planned out 2009 class schedule around this weekend and as noted in the other discussion thread, I can be available for some classes based upon request and depending on time, gear, and facaility needs. I'll plan on booth time as needed and attending the HH!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I'd like to help with this one, since the one in NJ seems to have plenty of volunteers already. I'd probably be a bigger help in the SD booth. Somebody can PM me with details on location and/or where everybody is staying. Used to travel to Seattle a lot, so I am somewhat familiar with SeaTac and Tacoma area....I'm willing to share car rental and room!
Posted Image

#5 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

I am definately do my best to be there. It looks like I will be in Portland and need to arrange transport from there. What hotel are we using? The same one as last year or we going to the one across from the expo center? I am looking forward to this weekend get away and I will be binging a list of random numbers for the prize give away this time. I don't want to go throught that again. And definately want to do some diving so let me know. And HH is a given. Appointments will be made for massages as well. Got to take care of the group.

Keith

Edited by KeithT4U, 29 October 2008 - 07:23 PM.

If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

I am definately do my best to be there. It looks like I will be in Portland and need to arrange transport from there. What hotel are we using? The same one as last year or we going to the one across from the expo center? I am looking forward to this weekend get away and I will be binging a list of random numbers for the prize give away this time. I don't want to go throught that again. And definately want to do some diving so let me know. And HH is a given. Appointments will be made for massages as well. Got to take care of the group.

Keith

There will be many people traveling North from Portland. As we draw closer to the event date, I will have a better understanding what my schedule is an those of my dive staff.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

Keith

Hey Keith can you do some sleuthing for us on hotels. I will see if we get a show discount but sometimes you do better on your own. Let me know what you think. Anything with a shuttle is great to and from the show.... :evilgrin:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR OFFERING TO HELP!!!

Last year's show was amazing and this one should be even better! We have the BEST VOLUNTEERS!!! :evilgrin:

formerly...

#9 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'm either having an extreme blonde moment :-D or there was a previous thread that I volunteered on (geez, I hope I didn't volunteer to go somewhere else :teeth: )

Count me in! Last year was a blast - this year will be even better. :evilgrin:

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm either having an extreme blonde moment :o or there was a previous thread that I volunteered on (geez, I hope I didn't volunteer to go somewhere else :-D )

Count me in! Last year was a blast - this year will be even better. :evilgrin:

No I'm the blonde....we had a discussion thread but this is the real sign up thread. So we'll get you on the main list...COOL!!! And thank you...we really were an awesome team last year....it will be great to have you back! Rick will be thrilled too! :teeth:

formerly...

#11 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Im in as rick asked me to head something up at the show, so i will be

put me down for the show, and HH. We will have to see on the diving, i would really like to do the treasure hunt, and some other PNW diving. At work things just got shaken up badly with regurds to shifts; I will have to wait and see as i bid for a new shift to give me some more flexibility.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#12 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

Keith

Hey Keith can you do some sleuthing for us on hotels. I will see if we get a show discount but sometimes you do better on your own. Let me know what you think. Anything with a shuttle is great to and from the show.... :lmao:

If we get a good count on rooms needed, I can try to call the hotel direct and get a group rate for the rooms. It might help get a better rate. A quick look at the web site lists the Best Western that we used last year, nice place but a little walk. There is an Econolodge that might be a bit cheaper but a little longer walk to the train and a really nice looking place across the street from the convention center that looks a little more expensive. If any one wants to input on choices let me know.

Keith
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

Keith

Hey Keith can you do some sleuthing for us on hotels. I will see if we get a show discount but sometimes you do better on your own. Let me know what you think. Anything with a shuttle is great to and from the show.... :wub:

If we get a good count on rooms needed, I can try to call the hotel direct and get a group rate for the rooms. It might help get a better rate. A quick look at the web site lists the Best Western that we used last year, nice place but a little walk. There is an Econolodge that might be a bit cheaper but a little longer walk to the train and a really nice looking place across the street from the convention center that looks a little more expensive. If any one wants to input on choices let me know.

Keith

Do you mind listing the links and rates so people will know? I doubt we can get everyone at the same place unless we can compromise on the one we stayed at last year but again can't bank on it. We can start to get some idea and then work on a group rate. Thanks Keith..that will really help alot! :lmao:

formerly...

#14 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Do you mind listing the links and rates so people will know? I doubt we can get everyone at the same place unless we can compromise on the one we stayed at last year but again can't bank on it. We can start to get some idea and then work on a group rate. Thanks Keith..that will really help alot! :lmao:

OK all rooms are for 2 people and have 2 beds. Check in is Thursday before the show with Monday morning check out. Adjust prices as needed for individual plans.

Hotel Murano (Host Hotel)

Across the street from the Convention Center

World-class art and a Tacoma Washington Hotel

You enter the Hotel Murano. A world-class art collection greets you at the lobby. You notice that same commitment to form extends into every feature of this Tacoma Hotel. You’ve got an eye for these things.

1320 Broadway Plaza
Tacoma, WA 98402
(253) 572-3200
(888) 862-3255
www.hotelmuranotacoma.com

$610.00 + 83 in taxes for all the nights and is directly across from the convention center. Also is where the party and such is on Saturday night. Includes a $20 voucher for breakfast in the hotel restuarant but tip is not included.

Best Western

Familiar. Friendly. Best Western.
With more than 4,100 Best Western hotels in 80 countries – we are The World’s Largest Hotel Chain® so wherever you travel in the world, you will find a familiar, friendly and comfortable hotel awaiting your arrival.

2611 E. E St.
Tacoma, WA 98421
(253) 272-7737
www.bestwesternwashington.com

$436.00 + taxes This is the hotel we stayed at last year. About a 3 block walk to the shuttle train, good breakfast and comfortable rooms. For the truely energetic it is about 1/2 mile walk to the convention center.

Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn is a leading brand of quality, value-priced hotels. Here you'll find clean, fresh, comfortable rooms standard with a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and complimentary in-room movie channel. Guests enjoy the following complimentary items: On the HouseTM hot breakfast, Hampton's On the RunTM breakfast bags (Monday-Friday), high speed internet access in every room, wireless internet access in the lobby, meeting rooms and public areas, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours a day, and USA Today® copies Monday-Friday.
8203 South Hosmer Street,
Tacoma, WA 98408
(253) 539-2288
www.hamptoninntacoma.com

$636.00 + 86 in taxes. Looks to be quite a walk to the train or convention center. If some one has Hilton Honor points this might be a choice but I see the first 2 as better options myself.

Econo Lodge

3100 Pacific Highway East
Fife, WA 98424
(253) 922-9520
(877) 982-3781
www.econolodge.com/hotel/wa154

$296 + 41 in taxes. This is the cheapest but would be about 1/3 mile to the train to go to the convention center. This hotel only offers a continental breakfast but for $140 I think we could find our own breakfast if that wasn't enough. Yhe downside of this choice is if we miss the last train, which is at like midnight, it would be about 1 mile to walk to the hotel from the convention center.

If we all make a decision we can try for a group rate that might help lower the cost a bit more.

Keith

#15 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

There is also the Marriott Courtyard which is right next to the convention center - its $159 a night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users