Bonaire Pampered Single's Week "Fun in the Sun" Bonaire Style IN Style Incredible Bonaire June 20-27, 2009 or June 21-28, 2009 PLUS 1-4 day add-on options PLUS Tech Diving Training for those interested (recreational training available too!). Limited spots available, Internationally Advertised Don't Wait!!
Note: Important Ongoing Trip Updates at the end of this post...please scroll to the bottom to keep checking and to keep current.
Hey, it's Singles Week in Bonaire AGAIN! Join us again in Bonaire for our Second Annual Single's Week! Bonaire is renowned for its diving, the gem of the Caribbean. Whether you are a novice or expert, Bonaire's Diving offers something for everyone! We are staying with Divi Resorts, a luxury resort, for an incredible value based package you won't beat anywhere! The package will include 3 boat dives a day...and UNLIMITED SHORE DIVING! You can also do the package as shorediving only and add-on days will be shorediving plus breakfast only. Technical diving classes will be available via SingleDivers.com and will include several options (see second post in this thread for complete details). Events, activities, breakfast and lunch daily, 2 themed dinners, discounted diving and nitrox, free upgrades to OceanView rooms and nearly all inclusive for $1237 d/o or $1704 s/o -- the same price as 2008 if you book and pay in full by Feb 9, 2009. After Feb 9, 2009 the price is $1337 or $1804! And if you book and pay in full by March 15th you'll qualify for a chance at a FREE upgrade to an ocean view room! And get this...massages available on resort along with other spa services, rental car facilities and an in-house CASINO!! You've got to check this one out...luxury and pampering for economy pricing! ---Please Note--- Full pricing, what's included and what's not and add-on's below.
June 20-27th with optional days on the front or back end...world class diving off the island's only natural beach RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE RESORT...3 Boat Dives a Day, breakfast and lunch daily, 2 nights 'Themed Dinners' at the resort included, 50% off Nitrox, Special Happy Hours, all sorts of diving classes including technical diving available, UNLIMITED SHORE DIVING, plus add-on prices include extra days, a shorediving full week option only, shorediving & breakfast days only as well as a chance for free upgrades to OceanView rooms for early full paid bookings by March 15th. This nearly all inclusive package...only $1237 d/o or $1704 s/o if booked and paid in full by Feb 9th otherwise $1337 d/o and $1804 s/o!!! That is correct….Book and pay in full by Feb 9th and save $100 and book and pay by March 15th and receive a chance to win a Free Upgrade to an OceanView Room and more!
SD will offer an air contract via Continental and AA.com as well as airline booking assistance on this trip. These contracts are discount codes that you enter at the time of booking for an add'l discount off the lowest price fare you find. PLEASE use these air contracts as we need to reach minimums with them. If SD researches or books airfare options for you the $25 courtesy fee will be added to your final price.
SD will guarantee a same sex roommate for June 20-27th. We will help you find a roommate for any additional days but will not guarantee same sex, or a roommate at all.
Please post if you are staying extra days so others will know too! Last year we were able to help everyone who wanted a roommate for extra days! ---Please Note--- Full pricing, what's included and what's not and add-on's below.
So don't miss THIS Single's Week In Style!
1. Kamala aka WreckWench - TX, D/O,Trip Paid in Full - Nitrox PD, Waiver/Survey Rec'dArrive ?, Dpt , ?? EX Days ??
2. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - TX, D/O, Base Trip Paid in Full - Nitrox Pd, Waiver/Survey Rec'dArrive ?, Dpt , ?? EX Days ??
3. Gary aka Harleyguy1963 - S/O, Base Trip Paid,, Rent-A-Buddy pd, Nitrox, Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
4. Sharon aka Scubamama78: - D/O, Base trip paid/w $100 discount, Nitrox Pd, NO Extra Days, YES Rent-a-buddy Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
5. Gayl aka FLscubagirl - S/O, Base Trip Paid/w $100 discount, Nitrox Pd, Maybe Extra Days, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
6. Neal aka NHScubaGuy - S/O, No Nitrox, Pd $1804, Arr 6/19, Dpt 6/27, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING[/color]
7. Scott aka Cmdr. Clownfish - D/O, Pd $1437, Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
8. Stan aka Scubaski - D/O, Pd $1337, Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
9. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut - D/O, Base Trip Paid/w $100 discount, No Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, No Ex Days, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
10. Grace aka nobodyelsehasthis - D/O, Base Trip Paid, Nitrox Pd, Arr 6/20, Dpt 6/27, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
11. Heidi aka Uwfan - D/O, Base Trip Paid/w $100 Discount, Nitrox Pd, Maybe Extra days, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
12. John aka ScubaZoned: D/O, Nitrox Pd, Base Trip Paid, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
13. Jerry aka Jerrymxz - D/O, Base Trip Pd, Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
14. Lorraine aka ScubaQuiche: D/O,
15. Dave aka DaveL - D/O, $ 1447 Pd, Nitrox Pd Survey/Waiver Rec'd, OCEANVIEW ROOM DRAWING
16. Priscilla aka pdixey - D/O, Dep $1337, No Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
17. Phyllis aka Loves to Scuba - D/O, Pd $1337, Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
18. Theresa aka SaltwaterLady - D/O, Paid $1337, Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
19. Dan aka Scubatooth - D/O, Nitrox Pd, Paid $1737, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
20. Cass aka Hammered Head - D/O, Pd $1337, No Nitrox, Rent-A-Buddy Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
21. Kipp - Panamadiver- S/O, Nitrox PD, Nitrox Class Pd, AOW Class Pd, Pd $1804, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
22. Liz aka FollowLiz - D/O, Paid $1337. Nitrox Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Check's & Documents In The Mail: (note your name will not be moved to the Who's Going List until we receive both $ and documents. The total numbers for this trip will not decrease until we receive your deposit or payment in full)
23. Sherrie aka Sher752: D/O, Pmt $1337, Nitrox?, Waiver Rec'd, Need Survey
24. Bill aka OTWDiver (Trip Tech Instructor) – SC D/O, Dep , Nitrox , Arrive ? , Dpt ? EX Days ??
25. Sam aka Beachjunkie - D/O, Paid $1480, Nitrox Class, AOW Class, Survey Rec'd, Need Waiver
Those who are diving Nitrox:
1. Kamala aka Wreckwench - Paid
2. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - Pd Early
3. Gayle aka Flscubagirl - Pd Early
4. Scott aka Cmdr. Clownfish - Pd Early
5. Stan aka Scubaski - Pd Early
6. Dan aka Scubatooth - Pd Early
7. Heidi aka Uwfan - Paid
8. John aka ScubaZoned - Pd Early
10. Gary aka Harleyguy1963 - Pd Early
11. Sharon aka Scubamama78 - Pd Early
12. Dave aka DaveL - Pd Early
13. Phyllis aka Loves to Scuba - Paid
14. Grace aka nobodyelsehasthis - Paid
Those Wanting to Use Cochran Computers to Aid DAN PDE Research Efforts (Limited # Participants):
1. Kamala aka wreckwench
2. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
3. Scott aka Cmdr. Clownfish
4. Phyllis aka Loves to Scuba
Those wanting to participate in the Rent a Buddy program (limited # participants):
1. Gary aka Harleyguy1963 - Paid
2. Cass aka Hammered head - Paid
3. Sharon aka Scubamama78 - Paid
Those wanting to do training either recreational or technical on this trip:
Technical Diving Instructor: Bill aka OTWDiver (Intro to Tech, PADI and TDI Tech Courses, PADI Side Mount Courses)
Recreation Diving Instructor(s): TBA
1. Dan aka Scubatooth
2. Heidi aka Uwfan
3. Jerry aka Jerrymxz
4. Kipp - Panamadiver AOW & Nitrox
Interested but just can't commit right now:
Full Details & Schedule:
June 20th Island of Bonaire
Arrival Day for most people, either very early or very late. SD has several air contracts with AA and Continental...SEE HERE for details. Free transfers to Hotel and back. 134ft House Reef with 5 docks in front of the resort provides world class diving at your fingertips! Rental Cars available but not needed UNLESS you want them to reach other shorediving only locations.
SD PAMPERED Package Includes:
(7) nights Double occupancy/Twin sharing in deluxe room with chance for FREE UPGRADE CHANCE to OCEAN VIEW rooms with full booking by 3/15/09
Breakfast and Lunch Daily included
Two (2) Themed dinners (leaving 5 dinners on your own with town walking distance away).
(3) Tank Boat dives for 5 days and UNLIMITED SHORE DIVING DAILY!
Roundtrip transfers airport to resort and back
50% off unlimited Nitrox Package ($100 vs. normal $200 if paid in full by March 15, 2009)
FREE Unlimited Shore Diving including Night Dives
Technical diving and Technical instruction available (see second post in this thread/topic)
Recreational Courses such as Nitrox, AOW, Photography, & Other specials available with group discounts – Let us know what you want to take!
Only resort with a natural beach
House reef goes to 134 ft if desired
NEW Room furnishings
Spa, Hertz Car Rental, and Casino on property
Beach towels for pool and beach use
Largest Dive Fleet on Bonaire...Have boats...Will DIVE!!!
Walking distance to town and great dive sites. No rental cars/trucks needed! (Unless you choose the 'ShoreDiving ONLY' package where you may wish to rent a truck to take in more of the island's sites.)
Fitness Center with Workout Equipment
Free Welcome Cocktail
Themed Costume Party with great prizes including FREE DIVING, FREE TRAVEL & MORE!
Special Happy Hour Events & Pricing
Great Contests, Activities, Games and Events and Even better prizes and awards!
FREE T-shirt and other great give-aways!
Underwater poker and more!
Lots of 'Meets & Greets' to get to know everyone!
Price Does Not Include:
Airfare to Bonaire (BON) (Use discounted air contract - info HERE)
Does not include 5 of your 7 dinners (town is short walking distance to Bonaire's finest foods!)
Rental, instruction and retail charges
Crew/staff gratuities (usually 10-15% of your land pkg cost or approx $150+)
Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Hurricane/Injury Insurance (we STRONGLY suggest you get trip insurance. Self-insurance is for gamblers and thrill seekers! See end of details for links for quotes or to buy online from several excellent suppliers.)
Nitrox Upgrade: Unlimited nitrox for 5 days of diving cost US $100 (MUST pay for by 3/15/09 to qualify. Otherwise normal price of $200 if opt for on island or after March 15th.)
Departure taxes: (approx US$25)
Single Supplement Upgrade: $467 (or $1804 total price for the week)
SD's Rent-A-Buddy: Have your own private DM as your dive buddy and coach. Want to polish your skills? Reinforce what you just learned in your certification dives? Improve your air consumption? Then hire a dive coach/private guide for your trip for $50 per day or $150 for the week.
Instruction/Classes: will be available on this trip. Please let us know what you are interested in?
Extra Day(s): $113 for d/o includes hotel, breakfast and shorediving or $180 for s/o include hotel, breakfast, and shorediving...same pricing as 2008!!!
DIVE Insurance is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for. (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
SPECIAL TRIP HIGHLIGHTS:
1. School Supplies: As is our tradition, we take school supplies on our trips to the under-privileged children of the countries we visit while diving. Bonaire is no exception, and we will have several schools to help out. One of the non-diving afternoons, we will take whoever would like to join us and drop off the school supplies to the kids. Please help us support this effort…so little means so much!
So PLEASE keep your eye out for school supplies on sale as these items are extremely expensive in the countries we visit. Remember, a child can play with a can or a box and use great imagination pretending it is a castle, fort, car or space capsule. But they can not make do as well when they need school supplies so that they can learn and better themselves.
2. Activities and Fun for Single and Married but Buddyless Divers! Come join in to LOTS of fun in the sun...have fun meeting other single and buddyless divers or pamper yourself a little! There is something for everyone! INCLUDING our wacky and fun COSTUME PARTY! The theme will be announced soon and will surely be fun and creative! (They always are and the PRIZES are awesome including FREE DIVING, FREE TRAVEL, FREE DIVE GEAR & MORE! )
3. Air Contracts: SingleDivers.com has negotiated two (2) separate air contracts/discounts for this trip. We have a 5% discount on Continental Airlines and a 5% discount on American Airlines. To obtain the proper booking code and qualify for these discounts click HERE.
How to Book a Spot on this Trip:
1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.) Please also include in your post: single or double occupancy, if you need rental gear, if doing nitrox, and if using the SD airfare contract, and when you are arriving & departing, . This MUST be included with your initial reservation.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. Send a PM or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the password for the trip docs. Email the survey to email@example.com. Fax the medical waiver to (864) 944-6769 [note: this fax date is effective May 14/09, as we are moving.] Or, mail it to our new address: SingleDivers.com LLC, 732 Dive Buddy Lane, Salem, SC 29676
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments or trip changes, please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See here for more details regarding trip changes. See below for our credit card authorization form.
FREE Upgrade Chance to OceanView room or Deluxe room for anyone that pays in full before March 15th (everyone paid in full by 3/15/09 will be eligible for a free upgrade to a deluxe or OceanView Room of which there will be many!)
2008 pricing of $1237 d/o or $1704 s/o if booked and paid in full by Feb 9th otherwise $1337 d/o or $1804
SHOREDIVING ONLY PKG including hotel, breakfast and lunch daily, 2 dinners, transfers etc…everything the above pkg includes except for boat diving $TBA but approx $1101 d/o ($100 discount applies if booked by 2/9/09) and $TBA but approx $1568 s/o ($100 discount applies if booked & paid in full by 2/9/09)
Multiple Dive Class Discounts: Recreational and Technical Dive Class prices TBA (Discounts available)
5% Airfare Discounts: On AA.com and Continental.com. Full details HERE SD Premier Membership Rebate: ($25) rebate for SD premier or charter membership after the trip
Cash Discount: Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card or non-cash form of payment.
REMINDER.... We have moved our headquarters from Texas to SOUTH CAROLINA!! The Address below and FAX numbers have been changed to show our new information. For Wreck Wench's post about the move information, see here.
If paying via credit card (Visa, MC) or Check-By-Fax download the SD Credit Card or Check-By_Fax Authorization Form, complete and fax to 864-944-6769 --NOTE! This fax number is effective MAY 14th. Click here for the form and ask firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to email@example.com Be sure to include the 3% fee along with your address, contact number, screen name, trip name & payment details in the detail or notes section.
If paying via check or money order, make PAYABLE TO SINGLEDIVERS.COM LLC please send payment along with payment details to:
c/o Kamala Shadduck
732 Dive Buddy Lane
Salem, SC 29676 -- Note: this is our new address
We must have your name, address, TRIP NAME, what you are paying for, screen name & trip name as well as payment summary in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip
Payment Terms & Schedule:
ASAP: $400 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip.
Immediately to Hold Spot: $400 Deposit
Contract Air: Payable when booking flight (See Contract Info Below)
Mar 15, 2009: Nitrox $100 or $200 if paid after this date
Mar 15, 2009: $537
Apr 10, 2009: $400
May 10, 2009: Any extra days, pkg add-on's etc
Pay in Full by Feb 9th and receive $100 off the price of the trip
Pay in Full by 3/15 and be eligible for free upgrade to oceanview room, free spa services and more!
TRIP INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TRIP. PLEASE obtain TRIP insurance as it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. REMEMBER IF YOU MISS THE BOAT….YOU MISS THE TRIP! You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc .
Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!
Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!
DIVE INSURANCE IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP. DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.
Click here for Diver’s Alert Network and use our reference ID 1603080.
Click here for Dive Assure where you can get BOTH TRIP & DIVE insurance in one convenient package!
Important Trip Updates:
Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 55, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week.
I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at the Bonaire trip for June. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?
You have CHOICES on our trips. One of our primary goals is to AVOID SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS. We use an extensive rooming and trip survey to help us with rooming decisions. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. Afterall...it could be them the next time.
I'm trying to decide if I should do a double to save money or a single just in case the roomie thing does not work out. What do you recommend?
So let us know which way you want to go and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate. And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!!
Absolutely not but many divers find it will allow them to dive more since we are doing 3 boat dives a day. We'll have an instructor on the trip so if you want to take the class while you are there it's a great way to combine diving and training. Air divers will be buddied with other air divers and/or I'll dive with any air diver that needs a buddy. SD.com will help you with the buddy arrangements!
I noticed in the "who's going" section that most of the people have nitrox, is that a problem if I don't?
Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found the link in my signature along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password.) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc.
Do I need to sign in as a member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?
You can pay with credit card either via paypal (if using paypal go to paypal.com and send the money to email address firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to pay via traditional credit card you'll need to fill out our credit card authorization form (found in the forms forum link in my signature) and email it as a pdf to me to email@example.com or fax it to me to 214-350-2558. Please note that all non-cash payments will incur a 3% fee to cover the one that I am charged.
What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?
Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $25 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $25 fee to your total invoice. PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE AIR DISCOUNTS ON AA & CO Flights. Please use the DISCOUNT CODES ABOVE.
Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?
Yes you can rent-a-buddy for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. The price is $50 per day or $150 for the week. If you need your rent-a-buddy to do your first night dive it is recommended that you consider the night dive specialty or even just the night dive sign off of AOW...Advanced Open Water via one of our instructors. If not please include another $25 for your Rent-A-Buddy to guide you through your first night dive(s).
Can I get a Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work?
Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can use to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.
I will need Rental Gear. What do I do?
The basics are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas totebags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.
I want to bring School Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?
Click Here! for information about rental gear prices
Edited by ScubaPunk, 17 June 2009 - 08:01 PM.