• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Its My Time To Quit

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#91 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I had dinner with my parents last night and my Dad is still smoke free. I think a "switch" must have flipped for him. He did after dinner start to go outside, suddently stopped, turned around and went in the opposite direction. I think he was heading out to smoke out of habit and just stopped and changed direction.

I think it amazing watching these changes. Thanks for sharing too.

#92 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Rosa,

Why didn't you kick me in the head when we where diving together in Grenada a few years ago ?..I could have saved thousands :) .. anyway Thank You some much for sharing your testimony just like a few have done already. I bet being in the front lines of the effects of smoking helped You, but at the end of the day it was your determination that Won ...Miss You

Keith,

I'm still on track and its been over 2 weeks sense I have smoked anything. I have made a few adjustments here and there, like taking a shower first thing in the morning while the coffee brews then replacing my 24hr patch. No one has ever said this was going to be easy and living with a smoker has not made it any easier, but most x-smokers have all agreed that it is mind over matter or

you will stay quit as long as you really want to

Pmarie

Thanks for telling me about you Father :evilgrin: , It is a habit forming thing for sure... and I have replaced lighting-up in my car with chewing some regular gum and some spring water instead. I went to my doc today and it turns out that my insomnia is probably a condition that I had before I started smoking and its probably due to a preexisting issue. Sometimes exposing the root problem helps people deal with all kinds of troubles that they might be having.

Thanks to everyone posting in this thread for not making this a Bash Smokers thingy...they are people to, and with alittle help from loving and concerned people it will go alot farther than ridiculing them.

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#93 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Glad to see you post!! Even better that you are still quit!! We are all very proud, I am confident in that!! Have a great evening

#94 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Bubski, I'm so proud of you! and still rooting for you! I can't say I know what you're going through, because I don't, but I so glad you've made this decision for yourself. Personally, I feel like we've been given this one body, and it is such a miraculous gift, and when we don't take care of it, well, it's like a slap in the face and the ultimate in ungratefulness (which is why I am on a diet and working out again!). So kudos to you for taking this step to take care of one of your greatest gifts - your health!! :) Keep up the good work!!!!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#95 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

:) What she said!! Still cheering you on!

#96 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Bubski, I'm so proud of you! and still rooting for you! I can't say I know what you're going through, because I don't, but I so glad you've made this decision for yourself. Personally, I feel like we've been given this one body, and it is such a miraculous gift, and when we don't take care of it, well, it's like a slap in the face and the ultimate in ungratefulness (which is why I am on a diet and working out again!). So kudos to you for taking this step to take care of one of your greatest gifts - your health!! :evilgrin: Keep up the good work!!!!!

:) Ditto on what she said! I can promise you that you've been on my mind too, and we haven't even met! The only thing I can compare your experience with is the battle I've had about my weight, and I'm trying to get addicted to eating healthier, watching portion controls (which seems to be my hardest area) and going to the gym, which is something I've never done before. I still plan to get into my size 8 wetsuit one day, and when that happens, I'm posting that photo, baby :wakawaka: Take care! -M

#97 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

Bubski, I'm so proud of you! and still rooting for you! I can't say I know what you're going through, because I don't, but I so glad you've made this decision for yourself. Personally, I feel like we've been given this one body, and it is such a miraculous gift, and when we don't take care of it, well, it's like a slap in the face and the ultimate in ungratefulness (which is why I am on a diet and working out again!). So kudos to you for taking this step to take care of one of your greatest gifts - your health!! :birthday: Keep up the good work!!!!!

:birthday: Ditto on what she said! I can promise you that you've been on my mind too, and we haven't even met! The only thing I can compare your experience with is the battle I've had about my weight, and I'm trying to get addicted to eating healthier, watching portion controls (which seems to be my hardest area) and going to the gym, which is something I've never done before. I still plan to get into my size 8 wetsuit one day, and when that happens, I'm posting that photo, baby :birthday: Take care! -M

You go girl!! I'm on the same journey. I can't wait to see that picture!!

(Sorry to hijack your thread Bubski - don't smoke today - if you get the urge, go through McDonald's drive-through and get a small ice cream cone. It's lowfat and only 150 calories - that's how I treat myself when I'm tired of being good. :birthday: )
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#98 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

diverdeb

I'm glad to see your still feeling "scubalicious" :cool1:

In hindsight I wish I would have choosen a different sub-title...

title Its My Time To Quit

sub-title A Very Bad Habit

That way we could all participate in this thread.. a fellow diver has just informed me that they have just quit smoking to :2cool:

Bubski

Amazon.com

#99 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

In hindsight I wish I would have choosen a different sub-title...

title Its My Time To Quit

sub-title A Very Bad Habit

That way we could all participate in this thread.. a fellow diver has just informed me that they have just quit smoking to :2cool:

Bubski

Your wish is GRANTED! :cool1:
Posted Image

#100 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

I've been tagged by Bubski!!! :cool1:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#101 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

ScubaSis is now IT !!!!

Best of luck, Sissy, and keep us posted. We're all here for you, especially during these tough first few days!

You KNOW you can do this! Keep thinking about all the extra diving you'll have the budget for!
Posted Image

#102 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Sissy,
You Go Gurl :thankyou:
Personally I thought that the first three days where the most...Ummm..Interesting, then after day seven I could see the light at the end of the tunnel ! I found alot of support and encouragement right here at SD. Please keep Us Posted :thankyou:

LLDN

Your wish is GRANTED! :2cool:

:cool1: :thankyou:

Bubski

Amazon.com

#103 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

:cool1: :2cool: :thankyou:
Woo Hoo! Very Proud of you Bubski!!

AND Sissy... that's wonderful news!! :thankyou: Keep us posted on your progress. We're all here for support! :thankyou:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#104 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

TWO new HEALTHIER people! YEAAAA!!! ScubaSis you can do it! Bubble2bubble...stay strong!!

#105 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

Day #1 for me was not the best. Really kind of strange. My truck smells bad to me already. I didn't feel like I woke up until about 6 hrs into my night at work. Brain was foggy. I kept laughing at the stupidest things......maybe that was a good thing!! Was very hard staying awake driving home....one reason it's been so hard to quit is it keeps me awake on my hour drive home from work. Still at it though...24hrs and counting!!! :D
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users