• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Pros and Cons being single

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 Debs

Debs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Studying Master
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

Not yet - but I only joined this week :cool2:

I am just looking forward to going diving with a great bunch of folks!!!

Maybe we need a new category for SD, "SD members that ride motorcycles." :)
I have a Harley FLHTC Ultra with over 105,000 miles on it and I have a Honda CBR 1000 (with over 40,000 miles. All the miles are mine.

I call it my "Go Far or Go Fast" combo! :P

Wow! That's a lot of miles! I bought my Harley used with about 17,000 miles on it ... it is now rapidly approaching 50,000 and I really didn't ride a lot last year for one reason or another. Hopefully this will be a good riding year!

I definitely think a new category is in order (but I might be a little biased ...) :lmao:
Cheers!

Debs

#17 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Not yet - but I only joined this week :cool2:

I am just looking forward to going diving with a great bunch of folks!!!

Maybe we need a new category for SD, "SD members that ride motorcycles." :)
I have a Harley FLHTC Ultra with over 105,000 miles on it and I have a Honda CBR 1000 (with over 40,000 miles. All the miles are mine.

I call it my "Go Far or Go Fast" combo! :P

Wow! That's a lot of miles! I bought my Harley used with about 17,000 miles on it ... it is now rapidly approaching 50,000 and I really didn't ride a lot last year for one reason or another. Hopefully this will be a good riding year!

I definitely think a new category is in order (but I might be a little biased ...) :lmao:

There is one - I don't have it handy but you can find it by searching. :)
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#18 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

There is one - I don't have it handy but you can find it by searching. :cool2:

Try this one: http://www.singlediv...p;hl=motorcycle
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Your right. Life is about Pros and Cons. We just live with it. I have a question for you. Are you riding a motorcycle? If so what kind? By the way you are very beautiful. Don't forget that! Take care. :cool2:

Just checking in on this thread ... another single here and don't like it most of the time but yes it is kind of nice to be answerable only to yourself!

I am in the process of trying to figure out if I can afford the April "live aboard" trip right now. Looking forward to a good dive trip this year and meeting some new folks.

btw - I ride a motorcycle - HD 2004 Softail ...

Have you met anyone here on SD you might like to date? I look forward on going on a trip with this group. Their are attractive women here I would like to know. I'm looking for long term not short. I'm buying a Yamaha YZF soon. I wouldn't mind meeting you and getting to know you. Take care. Keep your head up! Enjoy life and it self.

DiveGuy101, At one time in my life I was feeling exactly the same way about finding someone that you are right now. At that time I was making similar mistakes to the ones that you are making. I was trying too hard. I now know that trying at all is trying too hard. Nobody was interested and they would not tell me why. I finally figured out on my own what Kamala just told you. Do not pursue women with the intention of dating them. Women like to be pursued but ONLY after they know the guy AND only after they have agreed to ALLOW you to pursue them. She has to allow you to pursue them or it end very poorly for you. That is true on this site, any other site, or real life. If they are not interested in you then they are NO GO zone. No woman will be interested in you based on a few things you, or anyone else, post on a website. Very few, if any, self-respecting women will be interested based on what you have posted all over this website.

When you meet a woman then try to be her friend and nothing else, certainly not her boyfriend. It does not matter if you find her attractive or not. If she is attractive, then you will not the first one to tell her and telling her will not impress her. All successful relationships are based on friendship and respect up front. That should be your one and only goal when meeting women, particularly on this site since it is absolutely required here. If there is chemistry then things will happen. If not then you accept that and move on, but you cannot force it.

#20 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

Being single does not have to mean being lonely, and not even being alone. I have plenty to fill my life and am generally quite happy. Do I miss the intimacy (emotional, spiritual and physical) of having a good relationship? Yes, but not enough to be "desperately seeking Susan (or whatever her name might be)." I think it is very important to learn to be happy with one's self... and that often leads to attracting the attention of a potential partner. Of course I also love solo diving... maybe it's all genetic?

#21 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

...All successful relationships are based on friendship and respect up front. That should be your one and only goal when meeting women, particularly on this site since it is absolutely required here.

You're so cute Scott. :)

Wow - that must be good advice. I couldn't help myself. :)

Being single does not have to mean being lonely, and not even being alone. I have plenty to fill my life and am generally quite happy. Do I miss the intimacy (emotional, spiritual and physical) of having a good relationship? Yes, but not enough to be "desperately seeking Susan (or whatever her name might be)." I think it is very important to learn to be happy with one's self... and that often leads to attracting the attention of a potential partner.

:cool2: :lmao: :P

Edited by lynnlchan, 28 January 2010 - 12:38 PM.

Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#22 diveguy101

diveguy101

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Cert Level:just begining
  • Logged Dives:0, snorkeled Sombrero Reef in Key West

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Your right. Life is about Pros and Cons. We just live with it. I have a question for you. Are you riding a motorcycle? If so what kind? By the way you are very beautiful. Don't forget that! Take care. :cool2:

Just checking in on this thread ... another single here and don't like it most of the time but yes it is kind of nice to be answerable only to yourself!

I am in the process of trying to figure out if I can afford the April "live aboard" trip right now. Looking forward to a good dive trip this year and meeting some new folks.

btw - I ride a motorcycle - HD 2004 Softail ...

Have you met anyone here on SD you might like to date? I look forward on going on a trip with this group. Their are attractive women here I would like to know. I'm looking for long term not short. I'm buying a Yamaha YZF soon. I wouldn't mind meeting you and getting to know you. Take care. Keep your head up! Enjoy life and it self.

DiveGuy101, At one time in my life I was feeling exactly the same way about finding someone that you are right now. At that time I was making similar mistakes to the ones that you are making. I was trying too hard. I now know that trying at all is trying too hard. Nobody was interested and they would not tell me why. I finally figured out on my own what Kamala just told you. Do not pursue women with the intention of dating them. Women like to be pursued but ONLY after they know the guy AND only after they have agreed to ALLOW you to pursue them. She has to allow you to pursue them or it end very poorly for you. That is true on this site, any other site, or real life. If they are not interested in you then they are NO GO zone. No woman will be interested in you based on a few things you, or anyone else, post on a website. Very few, if any, self-respecting women will be interested based on what you have posted all over this website.

When you meet a woman then try to be her friend and nothing else, certainly not her boyfriend. It does not matter if you find her attractive or not. If she is attractive, then you will not the first one to tell her and telling her will not impress her. All successful relationships are based on friendship and respect up front. That should be your one and only goal when meeting women, particularly on this site since it is absolutely required here. If there is chemistry then things will happen. If not then you accept that and move on, but you cannot force it.

I guess I'm just an open person. I met women who are very reserved. I don't see how they can be with anyone. I'm open and accept people. That's just my personality and that is good. I'm open and free. I just want to enjoy life and I am. I think some people miss-interpret me on this site. I know women take things in a different way then men. Men can tell a joke and laught about t. Some women might find it offensive. I'm not a bad person but very fun to be around with funny. I'm trying to meet with people here in Colorado. I read a thread they are around Feb. Everyone is different I know that. I hang around people who are like me. Crazy and wild and has fun. People told me "If you never ask you will never know" I'm forward with women and honest. People don't get that here I have nothing to hide. I'm sure a lot of men feel like me. Just want to be them selves. Look at the divorce rate in this country. I'm real! Women are more cautious then men I get that. Men are open and forward. I'll tone it down. I go to clubs here and meet a lot of open women. Anyway. Later man. I'll see you on a dive soon. Peace. :lmao:

#23 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#24 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

lol you're a nut! - D

Attached Thumbnails

• 114.gif

Ain't love a BEACH?

#25 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

If you want a lasting relationship you do have to be good friends and have some common interests.
I know I'm looking for my BFF and won't settle for anything less even if I stay single a long time. :birthday:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#26 diveguy101

diveguy101

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Ya your right. Trying too hard never works. I learned that. I just write people here and don't meet them. Their is a meet up group going on in Feb. I want to go to it so people can get to know me. I'm a great person! No one knows me, some people just go too far. I like to have fun and that's it. I don't stop or change for anyone! I did not join this site for drama! Apparently it's turining that way. I thought about deleting my profile and just moving on and forgetting about this dumb stuff. It's not me. I hang around people who have fun and a sense of humor and don't take things so seriously!! I'm open and free! Nothing offends me I've been through it all! Live a little or at least try too. Don't be a tight wadd!!!

Later. :hugs:

Edited by diveguy101, 31 January 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Ya your right. Trying too hard never works. I learned that. I just write people here and don't meet them. Their is a meet up group going on in Feb. I want to go to it so people can get to know me. I'm a great person! No one knows me, some people just go too far. I like to have fun and that's it. I don't stop or change for anyone! I did not join this site for drama! Apparently it's turining that way. I thought about deleting my profile and just moving on and forgetting about this dumb stuff. It's not me. I hang around people who have fun and a sense of humor and don't take things so seriously!! I'm open and free! Nothing offends me I've been through it all! Live a little or at least try too. Don't be a tight wadd!!!

Later. :hugs:

Hey diveguy101...you can't delete your profile but we can make it inactive for you. Just let me know. Sorry it did not work out for you. Some people just don't relate well on the internet. Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I'll email you as well. We are happy to make your account inactive if you wish. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 diveguy101

diveguy101

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

I haven't even met no one here yet or dove with anyone. I'll give it a chance. I joined a cpl dating sites we'll see what happens. I will stop trying to meet women here and just have fun! The guys have been very cool to me. I would like to meet them and have a beer! Some women are just more sensitive then others. I met both. If you come to Denver I would love to meet you and talk. You seem pretty cool here. Always been nice, polite ext... Once you meet me I will grow on you. Take care.

Be careful with the freez in TX. Later. :hugs:

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

I haven't even met no one here yet or dove with anyone. I'll give it a chance. I joined a cpl dating sites we'll see what happens. I will stop trying to meet women here and just have fun! The guys have been very cool to me. I would like to meet them and have a beer! Some women are just more sensitive then others. I met both. If you come to Denver I would love to meet you and talk. You seem pretty cool here. Always been nice, polite ext... Once you meet me I will grow on you. Take care.

Be careful with the freez in TX. Later. :hugs:

I am glad that you think I am polite. That is all we are asking you to do. The truth is when you say...

'chill out' or
'Don't be a tight wadd!!!' or
'I thought about deleting my profile and just moving on and forgetting about this dumb stuff' or
'I did not join this site for drama!' or
'No one knows me, some people just go too far' or
'It's not me'

then you are throwing out barbs and zingers and in some cases insults to the members of this community. In other words you are not being polite yourself. :o

We work very hard to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...yes including you. Your comments make it seem that no one understands you, no one wants to meet you and no one is giving you the benefit of the doubt. However it is quite the opposite.

Let's make a deal since you seem to be the betting sort of guy....if you don't make anymore comments that are both insults/barbs/zingers then I'm sure people will want to meet you. However if you keep posting such remarks because basically we as a group "don't get it" then lets do each other a favor and agree to disagree and just make your account inactive? Deal??? :hugs:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 Dantheengineer

Dantheengineer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

i think that would be a shame 101. Some of us, myself included, aren't well verses in comunicating in the medium of the written word. Not since my own inclusion into online forums have i seen enthusiasm like yours. I got into diving because i had your "zest", i got into these discussion forums for the same reason. I believe you should stick with it. I also feel we'd be less without the drive and passion that you and those like you bring to discussions.
I've quite alot more to say about how this determined attitude would also lend itself to finding that "perfect partner' but i'm having a flippin nightmare writing even this without getting cut off or even being able to edit the post! Where's my cursor. You never miss the little bugger till it's gone.....seriously...you try it!!!
Anyway, give it some time, finish the OW get a few dives under your belt and gimme a shout. I'll show you a nice tame Blue hole and we'll maby even get to scare some spring breakers down at Senor Frogs that evening! :hugs:
Anyway, i'm looking back thru the post and seeing all the spelling mistakes that i not cant get back at, so i'll leave you with those thoughts.
Our humor is meant to be harmless. Laughing at yourself is also a skill that'll carry you far with the fairer sex.

P.S. you're on your own with them sqid tho!!
(P.P.S. AAAAaaaaarrrrggghh! i've just seen Verses...that's supposed to be versed! i'm definitley going now!)
Regards
Dan Posted Image

Bahamas....Expulsis Piratis - Restituta Commercia Posted Image

There is no spoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users