• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Do I really need a dry suit course to use one?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:35 PM

I see you have 1392 posts on this board, since March this year!. Don't you have a life?!!

I guess not but I have been diving in Belize, Turks and Caicos and Wakatobi so far this year so I did find something to do between posts. :wavey: May make it down to the Keys for a long weekend before Thanksgiving too.

#32 dive_addict

dive_addict

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:2.7

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Another place I'd love to dive but haven't yet been to is the wrecks off the Normandy beaches. Most are shallower than 100', and because of strictly enforced French rules about not taking things from wrecks most are intact.

Do the French require a diver to obtain any sort of permit or permission to dive the Normandy beaches? I've never thought about diving there. Normandy would be a very interesting dive destination.
Life's a beach, then you dive!

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:23 AM

Hey guys...great info on diving in your part of the world! Anyway I can entice you to copy the same info over into a new thread under our "Where in the World" section? That way others can appreciate it as well and I can gauge how many folks might like us to plan a trip there. CC is right...WW definately LOVES wrecks!

And since I just got my drysuit this month...I'm getting ready for cold water destinations! And just so you know...due to time restrictions before an upcoming wreck trip to NC where I wanted to dive my suit at depth, I watched the video and read three books, I then had an abbreviated private drysuit course, and finally did several open water shallow dives before taking the suit to NC with me. I was a bit nervous about my first deep dives with the suit but found if I burped all the air out, I could still descend head first for the first 20-30 feet which is my typical style, right myself, add air to release the squeeze and then descend the rest of the way feet lower so as not to invert. (I initially had to put so much lead on so that I could descend at the surface feet first that I was so heavy I thought I was going to give up on the suit if I didn't figure something out that worked better. Fortunately I did and ended up with only 16 lbs of lead using a steel 95 in a 5 mil compressed neoprene suit which fits like a glove and I love.)

Thanks again for ALL the info in this thead. I've been reading it repeadly! And don't forget to copy the info on diving Scapa and other sites into the Where in the World Forums! Thanks -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users