• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: The Colorado Dive Show!! Sept 24 & 25th

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#61 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Heidi, you should PM smokingun to see if he'll give WW his mailing address. He just went in theater, and may want some goodies through our Operation Care & Share!
Posted Image

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

:birthday:

Great news on the help! Can you tell us how long you can help? We only need volunteers for the booth but it is great to have several people helping so everyone can take a bathroom break etc.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

And you know I'm planning on helping out at the booth also.

I still haven't seen much local advertisement on this so I really hope the word is getting out somehow.

#64 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

And you know I'm planning on helping out at the booth also.

I still haven't seen much local advertisement on this so I really hope the word is getting out somehow.

Nor have I seen much participation from the local dive shops either. It should be interesting.

#65 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm more than willing to help out and am available that weekend.

Give me an excuse to break out one of my many SingleDiver.com T-shirts.

George, we've got you down for the booth. Are you coming to the Happy Hour? (Ya know ya want to :thankyou: ) and how about Operation Care and Share?

Unsure at this point. Have to see what happens at work between now and then.

#66 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

I didn't see this before, but if you register using the link below you get a free ticket ($15 value)

http://www.divechron...loradoDiveShow/

I guess I'm not looking hard enough. Where do I register when I go to the link? I will be interested in helping. Not sure what time though. What night would we be doing the happy hour? I should be able to help either day, even if I take friday off. Maybe one of the vendors will be giving away a trip. That would help with planning my honeymoon. LOL

#67 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

I didn't see this before, but if you register using the link below you get a free ticket ($15 value)

http://www.divechron...loradoDiveShow/

I guess I'm not looking hard enough. Where do I register when I go to the link? I will be interested in helping. Not sure what time though. What night would we be doing the happy hour? I should be able to help either day, even if I take friday off. Maybe one of the vendors will be giving away a trip. That would help with planning my honeymoon. LOL

Sorry, it was there when I posted it two months ago. I think you had to register by July 31st to get the free ticket. Now they have replaced that page saying go to a local dive shop for 1/2 off coupons.

#68 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

I don't know that we have made the plans for a happy hour.

Also I did sign up for one of the free tickets, but if I get a vendor badge from Kamala then I can pass my ticket on to you.

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Truthfully you will get in for 50% off at the door if you are a member of SD...no one has ever had an issue. ;)

Thank you all for the offers of help....we will need them!!! :(

The HH will be Friday Night...just need suggestions on where. The when is contingent on how close the "where" is to the event. Its preferable to be walking distance especially if you have to pay for parking to get to the event. Walking means we will have a better turn out and it will be easier to get to it as well as enable us to stay longer...less time lost in transit and risk of losing people trying to find the place.

Now we need a venue...

As for your dive shops NOT knowing about it...call them and ask for the 50% off coupon. That will inspire many to contact Brad Nolan the sponsor to be involved which means they are more likely to participate and tell others.

It is NOT uncommon for Brad's shows especially his new ones to draw a lot of people despite lack of local advertising. He uses sites like these and ScubaBoard to get the word out and TRUST ME...TONS OF DIVERS KNOW ABOUT IT FROM online websites!

So keep talking it up here and on any other websites you belong too diving related!!! They are ALWAYS great shows and so much fun!

Besidses...we usually have such a great group of members hanging around laughing and having a good time that other people just HAVE to know what we are all about! :cool1:

So come and enjoy...plan to hang out, laugh and have a great time and we'll double or triple the Denver area members! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#70 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

As far as HH near the event goes. The event is at a hotel out by the airport. When they built the Denver airport they built it way outside of town. So the good news is that parking is free. The bad news is that there is little else out there. I know that some chains have built out there. Recently some housing has come in, but in general its still mainly a farming community out there and I am not sure what is around there.

Someone will probably have to scout it out. Unfortunately I am out of town two of the next three weekends. Hopefully someone else could look into it?

#71 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure how close this hotel is to the places that are on Tower Road. I'll try to get out that way and see if there is anything that is close by. I do have lots of free time right at the moment.......

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Bummer on the free time as I know what that means...but :( for checking it out! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#73 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

I'm not sure how close this hotel is to the places that are on Tower Road. I'll try to get out that way and see if there is anything that is close by. I do have lots of free time right at the moment.......

If there are places on Tower Road or on Chambers Road, those would probably be the best options. The only thing I know was available the last time I had a conference there were fast food places and the restaurant in the hotel itself which for a day conference was way out of my teacher salary budget.

#74 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Okay rkymtwy and JustRuck, it looks like you may be able to help with the booth, so I'll put you down as helping. Just let me know if I'm wrong and I'll fix it.

Will you be joining in for the Happy Hour and/or for the Operation Care and Share? Post and let us know! :(

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

:( Heidi aka uwfan for all your help getting the show organized for us! That helps a TON!!! :wakawaka:

And thanks to EVERYONE who's offering to help out...it really makes a difference to see this great idea for a dive club with only me in the booth...OR to see this great dive club that is filled with local members in the booth!!! (And right now we have a corner booth so we'll have LOTS of space!!! At the last minute we may make a change but usually ONLY to get 2 booths!) :cool1:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users