• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: The Colorado Dive Show!! Sept 24 & 25th

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Very cool...I spoke to Brad the promoter about having you play since it was your backyard! VERY VERY VERY :blush:

I hope that I was able to help some in making this happen!

And please use Pup's name to get a free ticket! :thankyou:

p.s. if you are on Pup's email list you'll probably get a free ticket that way too! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yes my dearest Wenchie, you are ALWAYS very instrumental in everything that transpires with respect to my Scuba music and in many ways, you are a HUGE part of everything that is happening right now! Lots of big things on the horizon for sure! As always, your incredible support as a music lover and friend is absolutely priceless to me!!!! You really are the best darlin'! :thankyou:

On a quick side note, I am planning to release a video of the SingleDivers.com theme song on YouTube as well, so any photos and/or video clips you would like me to ponder for inclusion, please feel free to have people pass them along or maybe we can have a topic just for that on the board? It would be great to have multiple versions of that video, so lots of people can get involved.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#93 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

I drove out to the hotel to check out possible places for a happy hour. Not much to choose from. If we need to have something that is within walking distance the only place I found was something called Urban Sombrero that is about 4/10 of a mile east of the hotel. Here is a web site that has some reviews, not many are good.

http://www.urbanspoo...Sombrero-Denver

So if it absolutely has to be walking distance we are stuck with either this place or maybe the hotel bar.

Also what night is this planned for? The show goes until 8:30 on Friday and 5pm on Saturday so are we thinking Saturday?

If we want to round up cars and drive someplace then let me know and I'll look at alternatives.

I did finally hear a mention of this show on the radio. Weavers Dive shop from Boulder is having there sale and dive show this weekend and they mentioned the Colorado Dive Show in the ad, they will also give you a free ticket at their shop this weekend.

#94 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

Yes my dearest Wenchie, you are ALWAYS very instrumental in everything that transpires with respect to my Scuba music and in many ways, you are a HUGE part of everything that is happening right now! Lots of big things on the horizon for sure! As always, your incredible support as a music lover and friend is absolutely priceless to me!!!! You really are the best darlin'! :blush:

On a quick side note, I am planning to release a video of the SingleDivers.com theme song on YouTube as well, so any photos and/or video clips you would like me to ponder for inclusion, please feel free to have people pass them along or maybe we can have a topic just for that on the board? It would be great to have multiple versions of that video, so lots of people can get involved.

Oh that would be awesome! And YES pls post a new thread in your special forum to call out for pictures...ask them to load them into the SPECIAL PHOTO GALLERY I will send you links for. Give me until tomorrow to get that done if you will! VERY VERY VERY COOL!!! :teeth:

Of course that video will be imbedded on the homepage of SingleDivers.com!!! And I'll give photo credit on the homepage to anyone who submits pics via one of the photo capture mechanisms I send you! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#95 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

We will be up there friday night. Gonna get a room at the hotel. I can volunteer to help anytime saturday morning. I am hoping the happy hour is friday night. If it is Saturday, please let me know soon so I can decide whether or not to stick around all day saturday or come up saturday morning and stay saturday night instead. If we do the happy hour saturday night, then I will volunteer saturday afternoon so I don't have to leave the springs so early saturday morning

Edited by JustRuck, 16 September 2010 - 08:32 AM.

#96 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

We will be up there friday night. Gonna get a room at the hotel. I can volunteer to help anytime saturday morning. I am hoping the happy hour is friday night. If it is Saturday, please let me know soon so I can decide whether or not to stick around all day saturday or come up saturday morning and stay saturday night instead. If we do the happy hour saturday night, then I will volunteer saturday afternoon so I don't have to leave the springs so early saturday morning

Oh, and if we have a new shirt, I want either a large or XL.

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

All helpers will get a shirt...pls let us know your size! :-D JustRuck!!!

Thank you Carla for scoping out the HH options...was the food bad in the reveiws or service or pricing or all the above? The hotel bar will be packed and this will too but not as much. I say we take our chances with the Urban Spoon.

HAPPY HOUR NIGHT: We usually do it Friday night but the show does offer some entertainment on Friday evening as part of the gig. Does anyone have any burning need to do it one night vs the other? I can really go either way as I don't leave early on Sunday.

formerly...

#98 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi everyone

My daughter and I have booked flights from Calgary to Denver for the dive show.
We don't arrive until about 9 Friday evening so please advise us of the location of
happy hour so we can join you as soon as we arrive.

As for volunteering, we are staying at the hotel so we can fill in if needed on Sat.
We may attend an uw photo seminar otherwise we are available.

T-shirt sizes S and L

And my daughter has convinced me to go to the football game on Sunday.
Anyone else interested?

Globefish aka Joanne

That's TERRIFIC Globefish! We'll put you down to help on Saturday, would you prefer morning or afternoon... or can we just keep you all day... :lmao: BTW does your daughter have a screen name?

We'll also get you on the happy hour list, site yet to be determined, so stay tuned! :-D

We are staying at the hotel so I can help out any time you need us.
Just let us know Friday night at HH.
It has been a cool and rainy summer here in Calgary so if the weather in Denver
is still in the 30's my daughter will probably be at the pool in the afternoon.
There is a pool I hope!!!!??

My daughter's name is Andrea and she does not have a screen name at this time.
She does want to go on a dive trip though so I thought the dive show would be a good
opportunity for her to meet the group.

Joanne aka globefish

#99 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Well, shoot. I wanted to come help SD in their booth and listen to Pup play at the show, but Southwest won't let me use my freebie on such short notice! Maybe next year.... Have fun, everybody!
Posted Image

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

Well, shoot. I wanted to come help SD in their booth and listen to Pup play at the show, but Southwest won't let me use my freebie on such short notice! Maybe next year.... Have fun, everybody!

You are sooooooooooo sweet Tammy! I'm sure Pup will be able to play again next year as well! What's NOT to love! And as soon as the dates are set we'll start planning the whole event! :-D

formerly...

#101 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

She does want to go on a dive trip though so I thought the dive show would be a good

Joanne aka globefish

That is GREAT NEWS!!! When do you fly back out? Sunday? If so Sat is probably a tad better for you...but you can go either way!

I wonder if Pup has a preference? We certainly want to hang with our honored guest if possible! :-D

And it will be great to meet your daughter...I know we'll like her...I hope she likes us! :lmao:

formerly...

#102 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

The reviews for the restaurant were all across the board. It is our only choice within walking distance, everything else close by is a fast food place. When you decide on a day/time I'll call them to see if we can reserve a table, would probably be good to have some kind of headcount estimate.

As far as the weather goes, the long range forecast is for high around 80 and sunny, lows in the 40's at night. Remember that we are a mile high here and the sun is really strong, it doesn't take long to burn, sunscreen is highly recommended if you are planning to spend time at the pool.

Hey Tammy, it's not that far, jump in your car and drive out. I've done the drive to KC before, it's flat and somewhat not exciting, but think of all the fun you will have when you get here :-D

#103 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hey Tammy, it's not that far, jump in your car and drive out. I've done the drive to KC before, it's flat and somewhat not exciting, but think of all the fun you will have when you get here :lmao:

Gee Carla, I think I'd rather pay the $309 plus fees to fly out (takes less than an hour to fly), rather than drive 9+ hours one way across Kansas! Friday nite wouldn't be bad, but it would be daylight on Sunday for the long drive back. :-D Just sayin'.....
Posted Image

#104 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

Joanne aka globefish

That is GREAT NEWS!!! When do you fly back out? Sunday? If so Sat is probably a tad better for you...but you can go either way!

I wonder if Pup has a preference? We certainly want to hang with our honored guest if possible! :-D

And it will be great to meet your daughter...I know we'll like her...I hope she likes us! :lmao:

We intend to party both nights!
Our flight arrives at 9 so we should be at the airport hotel by 9:30.

We depart Sunday evening because we are going to buy tickets to the football game
Sunday afternoon.

So whatever and wherever works for the group is okay with us.

Look forward to seeing you!!!!!!!!!

Joanne

#105 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hey Tammy, it's not that far, jump in your car and drive out. I've done the drive to KC before, it's flat and somewhat not exciting, but think of all the fun you will have when you get here :lmao:

Gee Carla, I think I'd rather pay the $309 plus fees to fly out (takes less than an hour to fly), rather than drive 9+ hours one way across Kansas! Friday nite wouldn't be bad, but it would be daylight on Sunday for the long drive back. :-D Just sayin'.....

So buy a ticket then!
And see you at HH.
Joanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users