• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy Hour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#46 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

C'mon, Chris! It will be fun.... and the HH Queen is coming to the par-tay!

I just booked my non-stop flight from Kansas City to HOT-lanta! I'll arrive mid-morning on Saturday, and leave after Noon on Sunday.

The other logistics will get worked out in the next month....rental car or not, hotel room in Marietta or not....I can be flexible! Anybody else flying in, I'm willing to share.

too bad all of my family has been gradually leaving georgia. Last one left a few years ago

#47 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

;) I just booked my flight!! :dazzler: I'll arrive from Fort Lauderdale late Friday evening and leave Sunday just after noon. Beth is planning on picking me up/dropping me off and sharing hotel.

Tammy, are you interested in sharing the hotel 3 ways? We can have our own little Pre-happy hour and Post happy hour party!! ;)
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#48 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Tammy, are you interested in sharing the hotel 3 ways? We can have our own little Pre-happy hour and Post happy hour party!! ;)

I'll keep this option in mind, and thanks for the invite!

Since I offered to share a room, I'll keep that on the table as well, in case someone else coming in needs a place to crash. Debs is possibly coming in from TN, and I don't know if she has a place to sleep lined up yet. And, I'm not against sharing with an out-of-town gentleman if it helps them make the trip.

3 girls to a room is do-able...... 4 ladies to a room certainly requires a sense of humor!
Posted Image

#49 JustRuck

JustRuck

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

I won't make it after all :P . Finally getting shoulder surgery on April 5th and sure to still be in too much pain to fly to ATL. Was actually looking forward to a weekend away

#50 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I will gladly pick you up at the airport!!!

Is this an RSVP Yes?

Yes, this is my RSVP Yes!!!

If anybody is interested Cindi and I will be "playing tourist" and doing some sightseeing during the day on Saturday. I'm guessing we will hit the area around Centennial Olympic Park including the Coke Museum, CNN Center and maybe the aquarium.

Also, we can get to D&B early that night and save some tables.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#51 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

That sounds like fun, Beth, but you may get started before I land at the airport at 10:08am. If you can pick me up, I'd gladly sightsee with you and help defray the gasoline expense! It would be more fun with you than on my own!
Posted Image

#52 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

That sounds like fun, Beth, but you may get started before I land at the airport at 10:08am. If you can pick me up, I'd gladly sightsee with you and help defray the gasoline expense! It would be more fun with you than on my own!

I will let Beth speak to this officially since she will be the tour guide.... But as for me, I will be on vacation :thankyou: and would be perfectly happy to sleep in a bit and pick you up before heading out for the day! :birthday:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

You know...we have some AWESOME Members in Atlanta so if you need a place to crash that is more like home...let us know. I know I will be taking at least one of our awesome member's offers for a place to crash! And Mark aka DiveGeek is a wonderful host and has some extra room AND he has the official 'wench seal of approval'!

I am twisting OTWDiver's arm to join us but he may only get to Atlanta or have one of his son's pick me up the day after which would make me a solo agent Saturday night!

I hope to have more details next week from OTWDiver and others so we can firm up lodging for anyone who needs help for this AMAZING HAPPY HOUR!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 SkurvyDawgDiver

SkurvyDawgDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200-300 logged, 2000 not logged

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Room is booked for friday/sat night. I think I might bring my clubs just in case. :o
Life is to DIVE for!!!!
Les

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Room is booked for friday/sat night. I think I might bring my clubs just in case. :o

Awesome! Did you want to do the room solo or were you hoping for a buddy? And are you sure you didn't want to crash at one of our awesome members in HotLanta???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#56 SkurvyDawgDiver

SkurvyDawgDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200-300 logged, 2000 not logged

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Room is booked for friday/sat night. I think I might bring my clubs just in case. :)

Awesome! Did you want to do the room solo or were you hoping for a buddy? And are you sure you didn't want to crash at one of our awesome members in HotLanta???

Solo works for me, but thanx for askin. :fish:
Life is to DIVE for!!!!
Les

#57 Keith B

Keith B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

"So, I'm going to stick with D&B Marietta for this HH, and the discussion of future venues can be part of the social activities - Mark"

OK - I guess you can count us out, then. I can play video games anytime, but I can only plan trips when the opportunity arises, and I guess this doesn't sound like an opportunity.

#58 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

OK - I guess you can count us out, then. I can play video games anytime, but I can only plan trips when the opportunity arises, and I guess this doesn't sound like an opportunity.

That's too bad. You're going to miss out on a fun time and meeting some great folks.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#59 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Sorry you won't be joining us Keith. :birthday: While I appreciate your point of view, changing from the original venue seems to lack overwhelming support.

Regardless, I hope you will keep an eye out for the next Atlanta HH. Better still, we encourage SingleDivers.com members to create and promote HH events; here's hoping you might be interested in taking a role in the next one for the Atlanta area, say sometime in July?... :lmao:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#60 BenP

BenP

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

When: Saturday, April 17th
Where: Dave & Buster's Marietta
Time: 7:00 PM

I'm teaching a class that day, but can probably be there around 8:00-8:30. I will not be relying on MARTA, so maybe I will actually make it this time.

-JimG

You can put me down. I'll be helping out with the same class so I expect to be there at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users