• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Discussion Only: Maldives Nov 6-13, 2010 only $1795 or $1595

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#121 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list along with other dive locations throughout the world. When the Wench brought this trip to my attention, during the Bonaire trip, the wheels began spinning in my head. What an opportunity to scatch off another destination off the bucket list, the Lembeh Starit of Indonesia. Since returning from Bonaire, I've been researching possible resorts, flight connections, etc. I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.

Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group

Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]

Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274

Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home

Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/

Dec 1 depart Manado on Silk Air flt MI273 to Singapore

Dec 2 depart Singapore on Singapore Air flt SQ12 to LAX, arrive Dec 2

After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.

Bill

I know TexasDiver aka Craig, and scubabjs aka Brian are interested in this add-on. Would anyone else like to join us???

Bill

I would go in a heartbeat, if I had the time off (gotta work to make some $$ since I paid for all the US stimulus in my taxes last month) and the spare $$. I am going to Indonesia on Mandarin Siren in July (40% off the liveaboard... I do think there is still space)

Let me know how your trip goes, I'm planning on returning to Raja Ampat in 2013, and I'm looking for a liveaboard for a transition from either Manado or Ambon to Sorong, or a Raja Ampat itenerary. Wish I could join you.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#122 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list along with other dive locations throughout the world. When the Wench brought this trip to my attention, during the Bonaire trip, the wheels began spinning in my head. What an opportunity to scatch off another destination off the bucket list, the Lembeh Starit of Indonesia. Since returning from Bonaire, I've been researching possible resorts, flight connections, etc. I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.

Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group

Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]

Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274

Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home

Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/

Dec 1 depart Manado on Silk Air flt MI273 to Singapore

Dec 2 depart Singapore on Singapore Air flt SQ12 to LAX, arrive Dec 2

After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.

Bill

I know TexasDiver aka Craig, and scubabjs aka Brian are interested in this add-on. Would anyone else like to join us???

Bill

I would go in a heartbeat, if I had the time off (gotta work to make some $$ since I paid for all the US stimulus in my taxes last month) and the spare $$. I am going to Indonesia on Mandarin Siren in July (40% off the liveaboard... I do think there is still space)

Let me know how your trip goes, I'm planning on returning to Raja Ampat in 2013, and I'm looking for a liveaboard for a transition from either Manado or Ambon to Sorong, or a Raja Ampat itenerary. Wish I could join you.

Bill

I am going July 19-29. Halmahera to Lembeh. Boat holds 8 divers, and if it is (as expected) similar to Siren and Philippine Siren, should be the height of luxury. You should come along.... :teeth:

#123 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I am going July 19-29. Halmahera to Lembeh. Boat holds 8 divers, and if it is (as expected) similar to Siren and Philippine Siren, should be the height of luxury. You should come along.... :teeth:

For your July Trip, where are you flying into/out of? At that price it doesn't seem that bad of a deal for a two week trip.

Bjs

Edited by scubabjs, 26 May 2010 - 06:31 PM.

So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#124 Ariel

Ariel

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Logged Dives:25-30

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Any room on this trip...from the looks of it, this trip is not open for booking yet.

Please put me down for interested. This looks like a very good possibility...no more Bahamas trips.

Im game for a two or three week trip and India stop as well.

I will be leaving via LAX since I live in Los Angeles.

Lauren and Jessica, OMG...this is going to be fun.

#125 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

I am going July 19-29. Halmahera to Lembeh. Boat holds 8 divers, and if it is (as expected) similar to Siren and Philippine Siren, should be the height of luxury. You should come along.... :thankyou:

For your July Trip, where are you flying into/out of? At that price it doesn't seem that bad of a deal for a two week trip.

Bjs

I fly from US to Singapore leaving 7/15 arriving to SIN on 7/17. On 7/17 SIN-MDC (Manado). Because of the Silkair schedule SIN-MDC being cut to only M, W, F, Sat had to arrive to manado a day early. Then there is the little flight one way, from Manado to Tobelo in Halmahera on Monday 7/19 morning, then to the boat.

I have a couple of friends from England who are also going, and then at the end of the trip will be spending 2 nites at Lembeh Resort, and do at least 6 dives before going back to Singapore. Transfer to resort directly from boat in time for morning diving at Lembeh!

I got a great deal on air on Priceline (actual scheduled service) JFK-SFO-SIN-MDC-SIN on United/Singapore air/Silkair for only $1600. I am using some of my UA mile horde to fly back from SIN-JFK up front :thankyou:

#126 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hey gang still working on this and will finish off in Cairo! Stay tuned...k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#127 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

Spent over an hour trying to get internet and now its late here. Will see if it will FINALLY work from the room and not just the business office. :banghead:

If so I will make progress on this asap! :thankyou: (I'll even just start posting in segments until its done if necessary!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#128 Seahorse SeaKer

Seahorse SeaKer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

I'm interested let me know as soon as you finalize the details please.
Bridget

#129 coziac

coziac

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

This trip is interesting, so there for I am interested.

#130 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hi Kamala, two questions: (1) Is this trip a definite go? (2) Is the flight by contract out of LAX still about $1500?

Right now the round trip from Chicago to MLE is around 1600 at Orbitz. I am thinking that at either this price (or the contract price) for flight plus 1595/1795 for the boat, I can commit now and start making plans. This is the only dive trip I will make this year, so I am all pumped up :pray: :-D

#131 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

The trip is a GO!!! I have sent thousands of dollars in deposits. I also have some air on contract so it should still be about $1500. I hope hope hope hope to have the trip posted by Friday before the Cozy trip. :pray: There are so many details and all my suppliers are new so they don't understand how much info I have to put on the internet for one of these trips. Ahhh the joys of running trips! LOL! :-D

formerly...

#132 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:54 AM

The trip is a GO!!! I have sent thousands of dollars in deposits. I also have some air on contract so it should still be about $1500. I hope hope hope hope to have the trip posted by Friday before the Cozy trip. :-D There are so many details and all my suppliers are new so they don't understand how much info I have to put on the internet for one of these trips. Ahhh the joys of running trips! LOL! :tears:

Thanks Kamala, I will start planning now :pray:

I know this is a more complex trip, with week 1, week 2, or 2 weeks options, side trips before, side trip after, plus maybe 8 other possibilities :respect: We appreciated all your time and effort.

#133 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:58 AM

Thank you! That means the world to me...I don't want people to book something else or directly cuz I can't get it out there as fast as I like!

You all are the best!!! :pray:

formerly...

#134 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

I know you're working away pulling strings, lining up ducks and other things behind the scenes. I'm very grateful since I know how complex this is. we're all just so excited to be moving forward. I just checked, and airfare from JFK (east-coasters!) is less than $1400 through Qatar so depending on the route/prices for the contract flights, that may still have to be my option.... I hope it can be.

Can't wait to see all of it laid out for us! Then I can start my fall work-planning in earnest.

Thanks, and take care of yourself.
s
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#135 pault

pault

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver naui 570+ dives
  • Logged Dives:570+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'd like to be added to the intereted list for two week option only pault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users