• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Discussion Only: Maldives Nov 6-13, 2010 only $1795 or $1595

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#106 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Welcome sharkb8 I am working on this trip as we speak. What type of land extension are you interested in? India? Also will you want 1 or 2 weeks of diving? kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#107 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Welcome sharkb8 I am working on this trip as we speak. What type of land extension are you interested in? India? Also will you want 1 or 2 weeks of diving? kamala

Hello Kamala,

My sister is very busy with work, and does not have a lot of free time, so I will answer for her. Not knowing the flight options, I looked at Singapore air flights for her, and saw that the flights seem to fly through London or Tokyo, unless you manage a direct flight to Singapore. She and Gary would first opt for a few days in Europe if the flights went through London. If that does not work out, I am not certain what their choices would be. Hope that helps. Ed

#108 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

Sorry, missed the other part. They will be doing one week of diving. Ed

#109 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

Put me on the interested list, (both weeks) would most likely follow a trip like ScubaTex has planned, perhaps a week longer somewhere out of Singapore.
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#110 Sharkb8

Sharkb8

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Kamala: Diver Ed was right, of course. A few date extension in Europe would be wonderful. If anybody has any other suggestions, I would love to hear it. I would definately enjoy a new scenic location. Thanks again.

#111 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Please put me on the very interested list for two weeks of diving. I'm very flexible (even though I can't touch my toes without bending my knees).

Edited by ScubaShafer, 12 May 2010 - 11:44 AM.

It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#112 Scuba Donna

Scuba Donna

Getting started

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hi
I would like to do the 1st week and extend with land package to India.
Can we also do land from Maldives for a few days?
Prefer Singapore Airlines and want miles.
Kamala - lets talk about the other matter. Left msg but think you
were diving!

#113 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

Kamala,
any updates on this trip.
debra

#114 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hi Kamala,
It's been 3 weeks since you last updated this thread. Is this trip still looking good? :thankyou:
I hope to see a quick update before your upcoming long long trip to Egypt.

(I know with so many people with so many options, it takes time. I just want to plan ahead. I usually plan at least 6 months ahead for such major trip).

I am looking forward to this trip.

#115 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi Kamala,
It's been 3 weeks since you last updated this thread. Is this trip still looking good? :teeth:
I hope to see a quick update before your upcoming long long trip to Egypt.

(I know with so many people with so many options, it takes time. I just want to plan ahead. I usually plan at least 6 months ahead for such major trip).

I am looking forward to this trip.

I'm in total agreement. I planned and booked a Raja Ampat add-on to the SingleDivers.com Oct 2008 trip to Wakatobi. I began planning for the add on 10 months before the trip, and prior to the completion of construction on the resort. I'm starting to plan a return to the same resort in October 2013. I'm finding some of the liveaboards in the area are booked a year & a half to 2 years in advance.

I'm sure the Wench is working her @$$ off trying to accommodate all of our varied requests for add-ons, and if she has internet capabilities in the Red Sea, she'll be working on it, whenever she has the time available.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#116 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Thank you all for your patience AND vote of confidence. I will not let you down. I am finishing up the Memorial Day Trip details and the Red Sea details today. My next priority is THIS trip! It will be posted before I leave. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#117 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list along with other dive locations throughout the world. When the Wench brought this trip to my attention, during the Bonaire trip, the wheels began spinning in my head. What an opportunity to scatch off another destination off the bucket list, the Lembeh Starit of Indonesia. Since returning from Bonaire, I've been researching possible resorts, flight connections, etc. I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.

Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group

Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]

Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274

Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home

Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/

Dec 1 depart Manado on Silk Air flt MI273 to Singapore

Dec 2 depart Singapore on Singapore Air flt SQ12 to LAX, arrive Dec 2

After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.

Bill

I know TexasDiver aka Craig, and scubabjs aka Brian are interested in this add-on. Would anyone else like to join us???

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#118 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

I am interested, I must admit that DC -> Singapore -> Maldives -> Singapore -> SE Asia -> DC is a long painful coach trip.

If you could do DC -> Maldives (via Europe) -> Singapore - (SE Asia) -> DC (via LA) might be doable. (And I could say I have flown around the world)

I was also looking at one or two other resorts, with longer stays, you get to see more, go back to sites that you liked, and don't blow as many days waiting to off gas. If I go it will be for a total of 4 or 5 weeks, just a lot better bang for the buck. I think the airfare will be the killer on this trip, last time I was able to use miles.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#119 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list along with other dive locations throughout the world. When the Wench brought this trip to my attention, during the Bonaire trip, the wheels began spinning in my head. What an opportunity to scatch off another destination off the bucket list, the Lembeh Starit of Indonesia. Since returning from Bonaire, I've been researching possible resorts, flight connections, etc. I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.

Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group

Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]

Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274

Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home

Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/

Dec 1 depart Manado on Silk Air flt MI273 to Singapore

Dec 2 depart Singapore on Singapore Air flt SQ12 to LAX, arrive Dec 2

After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.

Bill

I know TexasDiver aka Craig, and scubabjs aka Brian are interested in this add-on. Would anyone else like to join us???

Bill

I would go in a heartbeat, if I had the time off (gotta work to make some $$ since I paid for all the US stimulus in my taxes last month) and the spare $$. I am going to Indonesia on Mandarin Siren in July (40% off the liveaboard... I do think there is still space)

#120 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

I am interested, I must admit that DC -> Singapore -> Maldives -> Singapore -> SE Asia -> DC is a long painful coach trip.

If you could do DC -> Maldives (via Europe) -> Singapore - (SE Asia) -> DC (via LA) might be doable. (And I could say I have flown around the world)

I was also looking at one or two other resorts, with longer stays, you get to see more, go back to sites that you liked, and don't blow as many days waiting to off gas. If I go it will be for a total of 4 or 5 weeks, just a lot better bang for the buck. I think the airfare will be the killer on this trip, last time I was able to use miles.

Bjs

Think of it as a chance to accumulate lots of miles for future trips (or even better, upgrades to Biz or F!) :teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users