• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Discussion Only: Maldives Nov 6-13, 2010 only $1795 or $1595

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#76 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

... many from the Midwest major cities have been $200 or less that I've seen so far roundtrip.

$200 less?! I am sold! I am packing this moment :D ;)
So where do I sign? :twist:

Not sure if you got this right, John. The ADD ON from the midwest is supposed to be an ADDITIONAL $200 or less.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

Thank you Bruce...I am sorry that I did not make that clearer. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

I would be interested in this trip for 1 week, first or second wouldn't matter. I am in Seattle, so no concerns of where it starts from, lol. ;) :
Would an airfare package work for the second week?

That is great! We are hoping to have the contract work for BOTH weeks! That will help us get the 10 we need for the 2nd week to get the better price! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#79 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Kamala,
I will do whatever you need & whatever is cheapier. Just let me know, when we need to put a down payment. Do you have the dates yet my busy "little bee"-just have to request off for work early-thx. I would like the 1wk diving with the 3 day sight seeing to see the Taj Mahal. Thanks for all your help, chaz.
Debra

#80 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Have to say..

1. Agree with the star alliance miles credit. If SQ does not allow that on the contract air, I will probably arrange my own. Be aware that on their website they say they do not give miles for group travel. If they make an exception for us, we should probably get that in writing!!!

From Singapore airlines FAQs:
"I was not aware that Singapore Airlines had restricted classes that do not earn miles. Why is this so, and how do I check if my tickets are eligible?
Most of the booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, some booking fares, such as Economy Class tickets booked in V, Q, G, N, or T (group and promotional fares) on Singapore Airlines, are very competitively priced and are ineligible for mileage accrual.

When you book your tickets online, information on whether the fares displayed are eligible for mileage accrual or not will be clearly stated. If you are booking through a travel agent, please check with the agent if your fare is eligible for mileage accrual."

2. Do we have any dates yet? I really need to start locking down that time off in November. I am already out of the Sept Turks/ Caicos trip because I committed to an Oct Lembeh/ Cocotinos trip. If I am going to turn around and head out to the Maldives in November, I need to start sweet-talking my partners at work now LOL.

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

Those who wish to save money will not accrue miles. Those who wish to accrue miles will save less money. Our consolidator should still be able to either save you some money for miles tickets or save you convenience. I will be speaking to them tomorrow to iron it all out and clarify our options. Kamala

Have to say..

1. Agree with the star alliance miles credit. If SQ does not allow that on the contract air, I will probably arrange my own. Be aware that on their website they say they do not give miles for group travel. If they make an exception for us, we should probably get that in writing!!!

From Singapore airlines FAQs:
"I was not aware that Singapore Airlines had restricted classes that do not earn miles. Why is this so, and how do I check if my tickets are eligible?
Most of the booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, some booking fares, such as Economy Class tickets booked in V, Q, G, N, or T (group and promotional fares) on Singapore Airlines, are very competitively priced and are ineligible for mileage accrual.

When you book your tickets online, information on whether the fares displayed are eligible for mileage accrual or not will be clearly stated. If you are booking through a travel agent, please check with the agent if your fare is eligible for mileage accrual."

2. Do we have any dates yet? I really need to start locking down that time off in November. I am already out of the Sept Turks/ Caicos trip because I committed to an Oct Lembeh/ Cocotinos trip. If I am going to turn around and head out to the Maldives in November, I need to start sweet-talking my partners at work now LOL.

formerly...

#82 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list along with other dive locations throughout the world. When the Wench brought this trip to my attention, during the Bonaire trip, the wheels began spinning in my head. What an opportunity to scatch off another destination off the bucket list, the Lembeh Starit of Indonesia. Since returning from Bonaire, I've been researching possible resorts, flight connections, etc. I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.

Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group

Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]

Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274

Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home

Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/

Dec 1 depart Manado on Silk Air flt MI273 to Singapore

Dec 2 depart Singapore on Singapore Air flt SQ12 to LAX, arrive Dec 2

After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#83 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

First off I am excited to say that I MAY be able to do the second week of diving or at least a sight seeing option as I may not do DEMA this year. Nothing is set in stone but the possibility exists that I will be able to go diving instead of WORKING! :P

Second I am thrilled to have a chance to challenge my new air consolidator and my indo partners to put together an amazing trip for US and for Bill!

So if anyone else is tempted to 'maximize' their ticket to the region...please let us know. If all goes well we'll be doing more and more exciting trips to THIS SIDE OF THE POND!!! :P

formerly...

#84 Scuba Donna

Scuba Donna

Getting started

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Please put me on the 'interested list'. Please keep us posted about possible airline arraignments, as I will want to 'add on' to this trip.

Bill

Since I have done Maldives liveaboard, I am not going to do trip, but from my experience, I can not say enough good things about Emirates Air out of NY with fueling stop in Dubai. Great airline and pretty much as good as Singapore Air.

I am very interested in doing this trip. Don't really like Emirates Air though. They gave me a baby
by snapping a bassinette in front of me from Dubai to NewYork and "my" baby cried-a lot!

#85 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Please put me on the 'interested list'. Please keep us posted about possible airline arraignments, as I will want to 'add on' to this trip.

Bill

Since I have done Maldives liveaboard, I am not going to do trip, but from my experience, I can not say enough good things about Emirates Air out of NY with fueling stop in Dubai. Great airline and pretty much as good as Singapore Air.

I am very interested in doing this trip. Don't really like Emirates Air though. They gave me a baby
by snapping a bassinette in front of me from Dubai to NewYork and "my" baby cried-a lot!

Donna-
Check out the above posts. Apparently the air contract will be through Singapore Air. I promise, if you join me on the extended scuba sabbatical to Indonesia, I will not cry... I may SNORE, but I won't cry. Just ask the Wench!!!

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#86 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

On flights and miles, as a very regular traveller from the UAE to places like Maldves and Asia, both Emirates and Singapore Airlines are pretty good. Emirates however really pack in the coach seats now. In November I was so glad to get off after only a 4 hour flight and I am only 5'1". I much prefer Singapre Airlines - more leg room, better inflight service and now more competitive prices. But I am afraid they don't give star alliance miles on most discounted fares Rosa.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#87 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

So if anyone else is tempted to 'maximize' their ticket to the region...please let us know.

I am limited in both vacation time and vacation dollars, so I have to stick to 1-week diving. And I am palnning to go with the first week. (Depending on the package, maybe able to add a few days of exursion).

So are we close to have the packages finalized?

:lmao:

#88 Elena

Elena

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Kamala,

Please add me to the Interested list. I would fly from London, UK.

I was certified at Maldives, so I would go for one (first) week option this time.

Thank you for putting things together.

Elena
:tears: :tears: :dance:

#89 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:Solo, EAN
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list ... I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.
Nov 3-20 depart LAX, dive Maldives, arrive Singapore with SingleDivers.com group
Nov 21 sightsee in Singapore [filghts to Manado on Silk Air only fly on; Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.]
Nov22 depart Singapore on Silk Air [regional airline of Singapore Air] flt MI274
Nov 22-25 Stay at Cocotinos Resort & dive Bunaken http://www.cocotinos...ge=1&title=Home
Nov 26-30 transfer to, stay at Lembeh resort & dive Lembeh Strait http://www.lembehresort.com/
After 2 weeks of diving with the pelagics on the reefs of the Maldives, top off the trip with another 10 days of the finest muck diving in the world. Kamala has agreed to assist me in booking this, please join me for a unique diving opportunity.
Bill

I would be interested in this sort of extended trip! Craig

Edited by TexasDiver, 13 April 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#90 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

The Maldives has been on my bucket list ... I have come up with a preliminary itenarary, and want to share it with you, in case any one else would like to join me on this dive sabbatical. First it assumes we'll be diving the Maldives for two weeks, then flying to Manado, Indonesia, not to return to LAX until Dec 2.
Bill

I would be interested in this sort of extended trip! Craig

I would also be interested in an extended trip like this, last time I spent 7 weeks out and about. Depends on the cost.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users