• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy "Lunch" Hour

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Atlanta Happy "Lunch" Hour

When: Saturday, Oct 21st
Where: The Great Harvest Bread Co.
Time: 1:30pm

We had such a great turn out for the last Happy Hour that I want to keep the momentum

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Thanks to Tammy I was able to get in contact with Chris aka Just Ruck and the 3 of us will be doing a Happy Lunch Hour vs. the more traditional Happy Hour tonight.

If anyone is in N. Ga and wants to join us we'll be at Great Harvest Bread Co. 10305 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097 (770) 622-0222 at 1:30.

Thanks gang...and lets see if we can do something at the Aquarium in Dec before the holidays get too crazy! kamalagoing by setting the date for the next one. I'm not setting the location as a number of members have volunteered to scout for our next venu: Kate P, scubachristine, and btu911.

Who will be there:

1. Bill aka OTWDiver
2. Kamala aka WreckWench
3. Chris aka Just Ruck
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#2 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

Tempting.....that's VERY close to my birthday! :) I'll keep it an option.
Posted Image

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Tammy you are such a nut...but it would be great to see you at the party again! As for making the next one...I plan to be there...this gives me several months to plan and of course I will be in town which is always hard to nail down.

I'm hoping the gals will help come up with a great location inside the perimeter as they call it!

Thanks to all for your help and keep suggestions for a place to meet at coming! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 ScubaGirl22

ScubaGirl22

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:OW- working towards AOW & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Just joined Single Divers! Has a location been selected for the Atlanta Happy Hour, Aug 21st?

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

I am not sure its still happening. I have not heard from the coordinator that was helping to organize it. And I may not be able to attend after all as my truck in in the shop so I have no transportation right now and Atlanta is 3 to 3.5 hours away from me. :teeth:

Anyone else planning to attend???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

I can make it if we decide to have it. I might even convince my wife to come along.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#7 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Wow that's like two days away. Who was the coordinator supposed to be? HHMMM... maybe we should shoot for next month as I am pretty sure that Christine is out of town this weekend and she was one of the ones who was going to help figure out locations. INSIDE the perimeter this time, BTW :teeth: Plus we couldn't have a HH a state away from Kamala and not have her in attendance!!!

Any ideas for dates? What about September 18th? That will give those of us lucky enough to make T&C a chance to catch our breath!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#8 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Just joined Single Divers! Has a location been selected for the Atlanta Happy Hour, Aug 21st?

I posted above about the HH - we seem to have dropped the ball with planning ?!? but we'll definitely have one sooner or later! Anyways, welcome to Single Divers LiAn! There are several of us in the Atlanta area; hope to see you on a trip or at a HH in the very near future. Where do you live? For some reason, at least with most of the people I know from SD in Atlanta, it seems like most of the guys in the group are OTP and the girls are ITP... funny how it worked that way!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#9 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I am ITP (near Emory), but willing to travel for an SD HH. We have held the previous HHs at Dave and Buster's in Marietta and Duluth. Those are pretty good venues IMO, but I would be up for another place if anyone has suggestions. Kate, did you have a particular place in mind?

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#10 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

I am ITP (near Emory), but willing to travel for an SD HH. We have held the previous HHs at Dave and Buster's in Marietta and Duluth. Those are pretty good venues IMO, but I would be up for another place if anyone has suggestions. Kate, did you have a particular place in mind?

-JimG

No, just that the three of us live much closer in town - the other two live in Decatur and I live in East Atlanta (near Grant Park). We were going to try to come up with an idea that didn't require a 30-45 minute drive on our parts :teeth: or a parking charge. But if we were the official "organizer's" - we didn't know that! :teeth:

Anyway if there is interest for this weekend we should just have it at D&B since we haven't come up with an alternative and at least one or two of the trio who prefer in-town, can't make it!

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

Dang! :-D Thanks to LiAn for happening across this topic and posting here, which brought it back to the surface. I suppose it helps some of us who should have been tracking this to avoid total embarrassment. :P

Since like pretty much everyone else I am already obligated for the weekend (and no Tammy, I won't be sailing) :D I agree with Kate that we regroup and re-plan. Also we should not have set up a HH so far in advance; IMO perhaps a month or so out would be a safer target date.

I would certainly make every effort to make another ATL Happy Hour, ALL such Singledivers.com events I've attended have been great fun and a terrific way to welcome new members. :cool1: Unfortunately I live 2.5 hours from the North side, and my couch of choice (Mark aka Divegeek) seems to be off the grid for now. Perhaps another local Atlantan will consider stepping up to research and propose a date and venue? ;) Feel free to PM me if interested; I was sending email blasts to regional members via the Charlies account for the last two events and it seemed to help stir interest.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

I called on my truck and its still in the shop until Monday. ;)

September is also shot with me as I have a trip overlapping 2 of the weekends, 1 wedding and 1 tradeshow in CO.

However...Bill aka OTWDiver and I will be in Atlanta part of the first 3 weekends in October for a training class we are taking. The first weekend it is the entire weekend so would not work. The 2nd and 3rd weekend in October it is only Saturday during the day so we could do a HH that evening if we could figure out some lodging arrangements.

So nothing for me in Sept but I can certainly do October and even get another SD member to join us! :P

Maybe we can sweet talk Kate and Christine to help get the Sept and Oct events organized? I will find out where our training is at in Oct so we can hopefully be close to it since the training will all day long.

formerly...

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

*Ker-Snip!!!*
So nothing for me in Sept but I can certainly do October and even get another SD member to join us! :cool1:

That works for me! :P

Maybe we can sweet talk Kate and Christine to help get the Sept and Oct events organized? I will find out where our training is at in Oct so we can hopefully be close to it since the training will all day long.

Hence my earlier ham-handed hints to that effect. ;)
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Cool it sounds like Brad could be in for Sept AND Oct...

And hopefully the gals will get us all set up and organized....

JimG have you heard from Mark at all? I hope he is just busy with a new job! :P

formerly...

#15 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

Kamala, of the dates you mentioned in October, only Oct 9 will work for me. And do let us know what part of town your training class is in, and maybe we can suggest some places to stay on Saturday night. This might also give us a target area for venues for the Happy Hour.

I know that Mark has been pretty busy looking for a job, but don't know if he has found anything yet. If you want, I will take point on organizing the October HH, or I will be happy to assist Christine and/or Kate if they want to take a crack at it.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users