• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-11: Nov 3-13 or Nov 3-16 or Nov 3-??? The BEST of Indonesia!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#226 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

This forum is so quiet, we have 27 days left, before we fly half way around the world. Lets heard some noise here.
What creatures do you want to see on your trip to Indonesia? How much money have you wasted on new gear for this
trip?

I am looking forward to a 2 dozen different nunibranchs, wonderpus, blue ringed octopus, and flamboyant cuttlefish.

Bjs

Edited by scubabjs, 07 October 2010 - 06:30 AM.

So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#227 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

Hee! Hee! Brian...the site chg was more than some peeps could handle! LOL!

Its also time to open the private forum so we can get the hotel details worked out for the airport aka rooming etc.

We'll get that set up today! :thankyou:

And I'm looking for flamboyant cuttlefish myself! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#228 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

A little background...

First off all tickets have now been booked, confirmed and ticketed. Other than the domestic seat assignments seats have NOT been assigned but have been requested. We are assigned a general area of the plane but we have no firm seat assignments (except those who paid for special seating) yet. But then neither does anyone else booked on group tickets.

Status: At 48 hrs you can go online to SingaporeAir.com and book your own seat assignments or you can do it when you check in for your flight. Our consolidator will also be working to book them for you as well.

Please understand that I misunderstood the consolidator when she advised that we could not book our seats in advance of 48 hrs for the international portion of the flights...I merely thought it was the Silk Air portion only that had the 48hr limitation. As it turns out Singapore airline is very archaic and makes all group bookings 'request basis' for seats only. In fact the 48hr rule is only about a year old so better than nothing but not great in a world that functions real time. Another shocker was the airlines forcing the consolidator to rebook all our flights when we hit the 30 day out mark since we did not have 10 people needed for a group. AND they gave us no credit for the air deposits that I had paid them...hence the forced rebooking. The lack of SQ (Singapore Air) service technology is incredibly frustrating all around both to you the end user and to the consolidator and I caught in the middle. And while it should not reflect poorly on us...it does. I share this as I really drilled down on the 'service perceptions' I've been having with the air end of the equation and discovered how SQ would not honor the seats we had booked in our block and that they had pulled the plug without warning leaving the consolidator to scamper to rebook our seats.

So thank you for your patience and I wanted to share my findings with you! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#229 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

This forum is so quiet, we have 27 days left, before we fly half way around the world. Lets heard some noise here.
What creatures do you want to see on your trip to Indonesia? How much money have you wasted on new gear for this
trip?

I am looking forward to a 2 dozen different nunibranchs, wonderpus, blue ringed octopus, and flamboyant cuttlefish.

Bjs

I'm hoping to see all of the above, plus any octopus or cuttlefish, get some good video, and see a ghost pipefish. I'm sure I'll be happy with most anything that comes my way. As far as spending goes, I invested in a Zuma BC, very light and compact (2 kilos), and a 3 mm shorty. I'm going to the pool today to make sure the Zuma floats...me. All told I've spent a little more than $500 on new equipment, but it won't be wasted, and it's far less expensive than boardsailing.

Scot

#230 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Kamala-I finally found the trip area-confusing..... So, are you saying-we have to book our own seats for Singapore air.
thanks, debra

A little background...

First off all tickets have now been booked, confirmed and ticketed. Other than the domestic seat assignments seats have NOT been assigned but have been requested. We are assigned a general area of the plane but we have no firm seat assignments (except those who paid for special seating) yet. But then neither does anyone else booked on group tickets.

Status: At 48 hrs you can go online to SingaporeAir.com and book your own seat assignments or you can do it when you check in for your flight. Our consolidator will also be working to book them for you as well.

Please understand that I misunderstood the consolidator when she advised that we could not book our seats in advance of 48 hrs for the international portion of the flights...I merely thought it was the Silk Air portion only that had the 48hr limitation. As it turns out Singapore airline is very archaic and makes all group bookings 'request basis' for seats only. In fact the 48hr rule is only about a year old so better than nothing but not great in a world that functions real time. Another shocker was the airlines forcing the consolidator to rebook all our flights when we hit the 30 day out mark since we did not have 10 people needed for a group. AND they gave us no credit for the air deposits that I had paid them...hence the forced rebooking. The lack of SQ (Singapore Air) service technology is incredibly frustrating all around both to you the end user and to the consolidator and I caught in the middle. And while it should not reflect poorly on us...it does. I share this as I really drilled down on the 'service perceptions' I've been having with the air end of the equation and discovered how SQ would not honor the seats we had booked in our block and that they had pulled the plug without warning leaving the consolidator to scamper to rebook our seats.

So thank you for your patience and I wanted to share my findings with you! Kamala

#231 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Kamala-I finally found the trip area-confusing..... So, are you saying-we have to book our own seats for Singapore air.
thanks, debra

Debra,

I called SQ directly and confirmed my flights and attempted to get seat assignments. I was told the same as Kamala stated, 48 hours.

But I'd call and register your request for seats just in case with all the problems that Kamala has had.

See you in a few weeks.

Harry (divengolf)

#232 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

thanks, debra

A little background...

Debra, I called Singapore Air to check on my Reservations and asked specifically for window seats, and a seafood meal and when I checked my reservation later they were noted. I'm assuming that the seat number can be obtained 48 hrs before, but they let me choose the window.......no guarantees, of course. Hope that helps.

Scot

#233 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Can I get the final details on on my extended trip, final price, confirmation that it's booked? We have 3 weeks left.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#234 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

Can I get the final details on on my extended trip, final price, confirmation that it's booked? We have 3 weeks left.

Bjs

Yep...sent it but it was lost when the site was down. :(

formerly...

#235 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

MORE UPDATES:

1. We have set up a private forum for last minute details but I have not opened it up yet...just haven't had a chance yet...will try to get that going as soon as punkie is out of the hospital if not sooner.

2. I got the following update from our consolidator regarding issuance of docs:

Early documents proposed have final management details needed, and it will be next Wed- note 21 days is typical document expectation. Was hoping to have them early.

formerly...

#236 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

UPDATE AS OF 10-14-10:

1. Ticketing Status:

Consolidator's asst contacted me stating she did not have everyone's dob (date of birth) and full legal name as it appears on your passport.

This information was collected from you by Scubapunk and sent to the consolidator while I was traveling. With our recent email issues it does not appear I have a copy readily available to verify if any of the info is missing. I am contacting Scubapunk so I can access the trips email so I can search for and compare the info you sent her to what the consolidator thinks is missing. NOTE: This only applies to the pax booked on the group airfare.

Again I do not think we are missing any information but it will take me a few hours to verify.

If for ANY reason you did not supply your birthdate please send wreckwench a pm or email kamala@singledivers.com with your date of birth as it appears on your passport. :thankuyou:

2. Liz aka LadyLiz the airlines now consider a 3.5 hr connection to be legal so we will need to chg your LAX to SFO flight to allow for 3.5 hr layover. I will forward the details to you by tomorrow or as soon as I get them.

3. Brian I have not forgotten you and will be sending your final details hopefully by this evening. I am lacking confirmation numbers but I have the itinerary and the price of nitrox for your extra pkg days.

4. Harry I should have the price of nitrox for your extra days as well. Still need to sort thru receipt of emails...

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM STILL GETTING EMAILS SENT 2-3 WEEKS AGO AS IF THEY WERE SENT TODAY. Our email client is still playing catch up so I have been advised I have this info and so need to seek it out. Will try to have accomplished by this evening or tomorrow.

formerly...

#237 Muktuk

Muktuk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox,GUE fundies, GUE Rec 2
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

trip?

Bjs

Starting to make preparations for the trip. I'm looking forward to a warm beach as it's getting cold here with the snow marching down the mountains. I just ordered a SeaLife camera to bring on the trip. My first foray into underwater photography... Next week I'm off to Denver to to a discover scuba class with my 14 year old nephew. I plan to dunk that camera in the pool and do a practice run with it. Can't wait to meet you all over in Indonesia.
Marc

#238 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

UPDATE:

1. Got the password for the email folder containing the doc sent to the consolidator with your seating, passport# and HOPEFULLY DOB. If any are missing I will let you know.

2. Please check the first post to see if we have your preferences for the Transit Hotel. It is getting close to when I can confirm the reservations and I will summarize what I am booking for you over the weekend.

WE ARE BOOKING YOUR TRANSIT HOTEL FOR ANY TRAVEL DATES THAT COINCIDE WITH THE GROUP TRAVEL DATES REGARDLESS OF WHO BOOKED YOUR TICKET.

YOU are booking your own transit hotel for travel dates that do not coincide with the group travel dates.

3. If we booked your domestic leg for you, we'll be sending you a final price so you can pay for that ticket. I wanted to get the FINAL bookings from the consolidator BEFORE I asked you for any money.

Ok more coming as soon as I have it...

formerly...

#239 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

I am looking forward to a 2 dozen different nunibranchs, wonderpus, blue ringed octopus, and I just ordered a SeaLife camera to bring on the trip. My first foray into underwater photography...
Marc

Congrats Marc!!

Is anyone NOT doing photography on this trip???? ;)

formerly...

#240 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

Starting to make preparations for the trip. I'm looking forward to a warm beach as it's getting cold here with the snow marching down the mountains. I just ordered a SeaLife camera to bring on the trip. My first foray into underwater photography... Next week I'm off to Denver to to a discover scuba class with my 14 year old nephew. I plan to dunk that camera in the pool and do a practice run with it. Can't wait to meet you all over in Indonesia.
Marc

Marc,

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well. I started with the first SeaLife digital (DC500) some years ago. Good starter camera. Just make sure that you're so conversant with the controls that you can practically make changes in the dark. Things happen quick UW and you don't want to spend time trying to find the correct setting.

I assume that you have the DC1200, a great little camera.

See you soon.

Harry (divengolf)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users