• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-11: Nov 3-13 or Nov 3-16 or Nov 3-??? The BEST of Indonesia!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#241 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

I am looking forward to a 2 dozen different nunibranchs, wonderpus, blue ringed octopus, and I just ordered a SeaLife camera to bring on the trip. My first foray into underwater photography...
Marc

Congrats Marc!!

Is anyone NOT doing photography on this trip???? ;)

Yes poor me is not a photographer!!!!!!!!
  • divengolf likes this
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#242 Muktuk

Muktuk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox,GUE fundies, GUE Rec 2
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Marc,

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well. I started with the first SeaLife digital (DC500) some years ago. Good starter camera. Just make sure that you're so conversant with the controls that you can practically make changes in the dark. Things happen quick UW and you don't want to spend time trying to find the correct setting.

I assume that you have the DC1200, a great little camera.

See you soon.

Harry (divengolf)

Hey Harry,
I did in fact go for the DC1200 with a strobe. Starting to work my way through the instructions, but should be ready by the time we hit the water.
Cheers,
Marc

#243 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Marc,

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well. I started with the first SeaLife digital (DC500) some years ago. Good starter camera. Just make sure that you're so conversant with the controls that you can practically make changes in the dark. Things happen quick UW and you don't want to spend time trying to find the correct setting.

I assume that you have the DC1200, a great little camera.

See you soon.

Harry (divengolf)

Hey Harry,
I did in fact go for the DC1200 with a strobe. Starting to work my way through the instructions, but should be ready by the time we hit the water.
Cheers,
Marc

Marc,

You'll be glad that you got the strobe. But also be fully conversant on setting the MANUAL white balance and shifting between white balance modes UW. On the DC500, I found that "cloudy" seemed to work well, but I used manual WB a good bit of the time when the flash didn't get it done. I used a white plastic electrical plate, (the blank one with no holes) as my white object for setting manual WB.

Good luck with the camera.

Harry

#244 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

UPDATE:

1. Today is the day we get our final reservations, etc. from the consolidator.
2. The list of rooming will be made for hotel reservations today as well.
3. PM sent to Brian aka Scubabjs
4. Private forum will be opened today...pm or email to be sent with access instructions.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#245 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

UPDATE:

I have been assured the flights are booked and final details will be sent to me today. However the consolidator is 3hrs behind me and so still a reasonable hour for her. I will be up a bit longer but suspect the final details will be in my email in the morning. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#246 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

I'm finishing up my two week stay at Lembeh and Cocotinos. Would have gone with you, but already had this planned before the Nov Maldives trip fell through. Stayed at different resorts than your itinerary.. Lembeh resort and Cocotinos resort. Lembeh was very nice and better organized. Cocotinos less so. Saw KBR from boat. Looked nice. Great but different diving both locations. Our boat and guides were the bomb in Lembeh for finding octopus.... count for that week alone... 7 wonderpus!!!! Two of them together at one site....got great pics. 2 mimics, 2 blue ring octopus, several coconut and reef octopus, one long arm octopus. (May have left some out!!!!). Lots of things to see, lots of diversity.... from nudibranchs and worms to Napoleon wrasses and humphead/ bumphead wrasses. The Lembeh muck dives involve a lot of time with nothing going on, then a frenzy of activity when we or the guides found something cool. Photographer etiquette crucial. Muck / photo sticks essential. You do NOT want to do the finger hold here. Too many things that can kill you... look up all the scorpion / stone fish / blue ring octopus AND the Bobbitt worm lol.

The one mistake I made --- bring round plug adaptors for Indonesia, three prong for Singapore (if needed). It is HOT and humid... plan accordingly and hydrate. Make sure you are physically fit..... we had a bit of an incident.

You should have a blast. Can't believe it is almost over already!!!

DG

#247 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Hey Rosa...great report! And thanks for the heads up on the adpts...do we also need converters? I have not looked it up yet but surmising yes. (I fried mine on the Red Sea trip so need to get another one.)

formerly...

#248 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

EARLY UPDATE:

I have had a number of email issues so I am not sure if the final itineraries were sent last night and I did not get them or if she just ran out of time and is sending them this morning. I will email them to you as soon as I have them.

Once I have them I will finalize billing for anyone with extras. :thankyou:

PRIVATE FORUM:

In the meantime the private forum is located HERE. The password is being sent to each of you! This forum will allow us to trade contact info if meeting up at the airport, post the final rooming, and basically discuss more detailed aspects of the trip.

formerly...

#249 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Harry aka divengolf, we have received your Survey, Waiver, and Insurance Summary! :thankyou:
Posted Image

#250 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

As suspected there was an email issue we just resolved. Here is the update accordingly! NOTE: The consolidator will actually go in and make your ticket printable for you, however you can also do it yourself. By the time you try she should already have them converted.

Hello Kamala-

* All tix are run, and etix info can be retrieved at the same live-record links provided to you/clients previously. They simply open their same itinerary links emailed to them, that remain live, go to NEXT STEPS and then to View eTicket Receipt for printing. (SHE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU)

* All will need to go to https://www.singapor.../nruCheckIn.jsp , at this same time/date 150P Monday 1Nov and enter their booking reference # to chose actual seat #s in advance.

* Vouchers are being issued now as a group, one for each resort, plus extra documents for divengolf and scubabjs extensions. I will email as soon as they are finished either today/tomorow. Thanks!

formerly...

#251 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

As suspected there was an email issue we just resolved. Here is the update accordingly! NOTE: The consolidator will actually go in and make your ticket printable for you, however you can also do it yourself. By the time you try she should already have them converted.

Hello Kamala-

* All tix are run, and etix info can be retrieved at the same live-record links provided to you/clients previously. They simply open their same itinerary links emailed to them, that remain live, go to NEXT STEPS and then to View eTicket Receipt for printing. (SHE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU)

* All will need to go to https://www.singapor.../nruCheckIn.jsp , at this same time/date 150P Monday 1Nov and enter their booking reference # to chose actual seat #s in advance.

* Vouchers are being issued now as a group, one for each resort, plus extra documents for divengolf and scubabjs extensions. I will email as soon as they are finished either today/tomorow. Thanks!

Hi this ok but did they change my LA San Francisco flight to allow for the 3½ hours or do I have to wait? I have to send you money for that and an other 10$ for the Bonaire trip...please let me know Thanks LIz

#252 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Liz,

If you want to try a camera, I have an old (circa 2005) Sealife digital (DC500) that I can try to bring back to life and bring along for you.

Not a problem, I already have about 40# of photo gear traveling with me.

Harry

#253 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Liz,

If you want to try a camera, I have an old (circa 2005) Sealife digital (DC500) that I can try to bring back to life and bring along for you.

Not a problem, I already have about 40# of photo gear traveling with me.

Harry

Thank you Harry yes I would like to try ...I hope you have a lot of patience to show me because I am not very good with technical stuff...Liz

#254 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

In the meantime the private forum is located HERE. The password is being sent to each of you! This forum will allow us to trade contact info if meeting up at the airport, post the final rooming, and basically discuss more detailed aspects of the trip.

Private Forum Password Not Sent To Me.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#255 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

Private Forum Password Not Sent To Me.

Bjs

Or me. :-(
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users