• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:April 16-23-St.Marteen/Saba/Statia/StKitts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
648 replies to this topic

#586 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

EMERGENCY HELP!!!

My Suunto Cobra Computer needs a new battery and no one here has them in stock.  Can anyone who lives in the real world pick one up for me and bring it with them? (and help me put it in the computer?)

Thanks

I looked up the Cobra and it takes a CR2450 lithium battery. I have one I'll bring. I'm going by the dive shop tomorrow evening, so I'll check and see if they know if it is difficult to replace it.

I recently had the battery in my Vyper replaced...it didn't look too difficult, but I am glad my dive shop did it instead of me

#587 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

There isn't much difference between a vyper and a cobra. I've never had to replace one yet myself. Looks like an interesting chore. Doesn't look hard but it doesn't look easy either.

#588 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

Doesn't look hard, but I'd feel better with some help. I think I found the kit (the battery comes with an O ring to replace at the same time). I have to go into Waikiki tomorrow to get it and I won't have time for the dive shop to change it out.
"

#589 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:32 PM

Doesn't look hard, but I'd feel better with some help. I think I found the kit (the battery comes with an O ring to replace at the same time). I have to go into Waikiki tomorrow to get it and I won't have time for the dive shop to change it out.

It's really not hard...mine is in a wrist boot...yours is in a console, right? I think the hard part was replacing the o-ring and then getting the do-hickey and the doom-ma-flatchy to work right!

something tells me you won't want me to do this for you :cool2:

#590 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

Fingrabber,
received your email about resending the survey. sent it to WW on 3/30..what is the problem? did it get lost? also, tried to email you back from this site and it wouldn't go through. I resent my survey to WW at her email.

Mary

#591 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Transport from the Airport to the boat:

We arrive in St. Maarteen and will be going to Bobby's Marina in Philipsburg. It will be about a 20 minute taxi ride. Prices vary from $6 per person if several people are sharing a taxi to $15 if going solo.

For those of you that I have flight details for I've submitted them to the boat and they will try to have a taxi or shuttle waiting to pick you up. If you do not see the shuttle or taxi then simply have any taxi take you to where Explorer Ventures is docked...Bobby's Marina...they know exactly where to take you! -ww

p.s. You may begin boarding the boat anytime from 3pm onward on the 16th.

Kamala,
did you get my arrival and departure info?

Mary

#592 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

Fingrabber,
received your email about resending the survey. sent it to WW on 3/30..what is the problem? did it get lost? also, tried to email you back from this site and it wouldn't go through. I resent my survey to WW at her email.

Mary

Mary,

I think it got lost...I know WW had some email/internet issues right around that timeframe

thanks for sending it again!!

Kim

see ya on Saturday :cool2:

#593 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

Fingrabber,
received your email about resending the survey.  sent it to WW on 3/30..what is the problem? did it get lost?  also, tried to email you back from this site and it wouldn't go through.  I resent my survey to WW at her email. 

Mary

Mary,

I think it got lost...I know WW had some email/internet issues right around that timeframe

thanks for sending it again!!

Kim

see ya on Saturday :cool2:

all's well and got the message about the computer issues...no biggy. I'll check my email Thurs. p.m before I head to MIA. so, if there's anything else needed please let me know by then, k? thanks, Mary

p.s. am bringing a btl of red and white. :dance:

#594 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:05 AM

Doesn't look hard, but I'd feel better with some help.  I think I found the kit (the battery comes with an O ring to replace at the same time).  I have to go into Waikiki tomorrow to get it and I won't have time for the dive shop to change it out.

..........you might want to at least call your dive shop and have them talk you through the replacement process...I say this as I recently read somewhere the Vytec requires a special tool for battery replacement.........you'd hate to be on the boat only to discover such an annoying detail .

.......my LDS has a pretty cool process for battery replacement.......they switch out the battery, then put the computer in a steel pressure vessel with a clear lid, they actually pump in compressed air and can take the computer for a 'dive'....my LDS will take the computer down to 150 ft. deep....put it in deco, run it through it's paces to make sure everything is operating properly....pretty cool!

Karl

#595 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,701 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

Mary and others...pls down load the waivers and the other form and fill them out so you can present them to the boat. You must have them ready or you will not be allowed to board the boat.

Also....I do not know what plans may or may not be made for pickup from the airport.

SO....even if you have given me your flight details...please be prepared to take a taxi to Bobby's Marina to where the boat is parked. You may be pleasantly surprised to have a shuttle waiting but I'm not convinced how this all works so I'm asking each of you to just be prepared to catch your own taxi to the boat.

Thanks to all and a special thank you to Kim for helping me...I've had server issues this past week and I've had 6000+ emails download to my inbox...most of which are duplicates and so I've been buried in digging thru them trying to sort out the new stuff and delete the dupes and old stuff. For some reason they have not cleared off the SD server so they keep downloading to me for some reason.

I am sorry for the confusion...thanks to all for helping out! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#596 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:17 AM

W.W>I Down loaded and printed my release forms.
I hope to start packing before firday.. but lots of it is sitting , checked out and waited to be packed.

I leave IAH Houston, 4-16-05 7:00 am. Arrive St.Maarten at 3:01 pm.

U.S. Air, :lmao: Dan tell me they are still flying. :taz

To everyone, Friends , I have met and dove with, New Friends to meet and dive with, Looking foward to Diving & Social interaction with Everyone , A little partying,
A little Dancing, Lots of Fun and a Safe voyage. I'm sure it will be like every other
S.D. function I have been to, H.H. , Camping-diving, Party, & Trip in the past
7 months. It wil be more more great memorys, of good times with great friends.
Thanks Wenchy for helping make this all possable !!!! :teeth: :wakawaka:

:wacko:

#597 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:20 AM

Use;ess.. I mean USAir is still flying. They are too big to go away easily or quickly.
I fly down tomorrow afternoon! woot! :wakawaka:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#598 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:25 AM

Mary and others...pls down load the waivers and the other form and fill them out so you can present them to the boat. You must have them ready or you will not be allowed to board the boat.

Also....I do not know what plans may or may not be made for pickup from the airport.

SO....even if you have given me your flight details...please be prepared to take a taxi to Bobby's Marina to where the boat is parked. You may be pleasantly surprised to have a shuttle waiting but I'm not convinced how this all works so I'm asking each of you to just be prepared to catch your own taxi to the boat.

Hi Kamala,
I have the waivers and filled out. Just to make sure the boat get my forms, I will fax them to the company as well as bring a copy of them with me. I arrive St. Maarten 2:15 on AA. flight 687. Be Prepared..is that for the girl scouts or boy scouts? hmmm...either way I am prepared. : )

thank you for all you hard work...let's go diving! :wakawaka:

Mary :teeth:

#599 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

Just a couple of more days. Don't know about y'all but I'm getting excited. I can't even remember the last time I was wet. :wakawaka:

#600 MrHowdy

MrHowdy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:91

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:17 AM

Actually that does bring up a question. What do we ask for in order to get the taxi at the airport to take us to the boat?

Scott

Scott, Nancy and I are arriving between noon and 1:30 Saturday. If you want to meet up with us at baggage we can all ride share. I think I'm the last of the three of us.

Mandi

That works for me. I get in at noon so I will see you guys at bagage claim.

Scott

:lam:

Scott, Nancy, Mandi,

I am getting into St Marteen at 1:00 PM on Saturday. I would like to meet in the baggage claim also and share a cab. Let me know if that works for y'all.

- - Howard...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users