• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:April 16-23-St.Marteen/Saba/Statia/StKitts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
648 replies to this topic

#631 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:04 PM

And for all your non-drinkers....over 50% of this trip has NON-drinkers on it...including two newbie non-drinkers...fingrabber and myself!! If you drink Odules YOU MUST REQUEST IT...they will not have it automatically unless requested. That will be the only non-alcoholic drink available besides soda etc.

And finally....I think I'll need a drink before this all over with... :) see all soon! -ww

I can't believe you and fingrabber are still on this ridiculous bet!! Ooops, I digress, you have another post out there that more clearly states your rationale!! :diver:

However-your last remarks are clearly a much better choice in your decision making analysis, at least for this trip anyway. Once you return to the mainland, you can get back on the wagon! :cool2:

DBD

Almost forgot-I'll be the naked guy in WW's luggage!!! :diver:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#632 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:06 PM

Doesn't look hard, but I'd feel better with some help.  I think I found the kit (the battery comes with an O ring to replace at the same time).  I have to go into Waikiki tomorrow to get it and I won't have time for the dive shop to change it out.

It's really not hard...mine is in a wrist boot...yours is in a console, right? I think the hard part was replacing the o-ring and then getting the do-hickey and the doom-ma-flatchy to work right!

something tells me you won't want me to do this for you :cool2:

Hey, I just went in to pick up a car part I ordered. My exact words to the guy were "I got a voice mail that the little do-hicky I ordered was in". Fortunately I had the paperwork, or I'd probably still be waiting while he searched through the "D's"

When I ordered it, I actually took the part in and said "I need one of these"
"

#633 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

All I have left to do is get my toenails painted like a dive flag and throw in a couple of bathing suits. I haven't weighed my bag yet.....
If it's too heavy, I'll just pull out all my batteries and put them in my carry-on. I padded my wine real good and then put it in a zip-lock bag.
Phyllis

#634 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

Ok...so speaking of healthy....I'll bring the grinder...you all just bring your flax!!! And don't forget your concentrated fruit, veggie and berry extracts...you'll need the extra antioxidents with so much diving!!! -ww

I need to learn more about all of this. I was totally off the wagon this week. I went on an all out sugar binge :cool2:
"

#635 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

All I have left to do is get my toenails painted like a dive flag and throw in a couple of bathing suits. I haven't weighed my bag yet.....
If it's too heavy, I'll just pull out all my batteries and put them in my carry-on. I padded my wine real good and then put it in a zip-lock bag.

Arrrgggghhhh! I wish I could be like you...dive flags on the toes...and already packed!!! :cool2:

You are my hero!!! :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#636 Tony Riggio

Tony Riggio

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:18 PM

Ok, gear is packed, clothes are packed, everything is packed an I am ready to go. I sit and reflect, or hit LAX now and start the party early. One more descision.......... This will definantly be a blast with this group, I can tell.
Tony

#637 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:20 PM

Tony best I can tell, looks like you are close to the airport.  You and Brant are the first ones to arrive (well, except Dan, who gets there Thursday, I think).  So, once you get checked in, why don't take a cab to Front street and we can all meet up at the Pasangrahan; maybe between 1830 and 1900 on Friday evening?

That sounds fine Ali... I'm solo so will be easier to meet at your hotel and then we can all go hunt dinner.

I'll be there around 6:30, but if I'm not there at 7:00 it means forget about me 'cause I got lazy from the red-eye and put my feet up somewhere...........

No, no, no. The best way to deal with jet lag is to take a short nap and then stay up until its bedtime where ever you are. Come on, I'm starting out on a red eye in just a few hours, and I won't be crashing as soon as I get in! We will keep you entertained and awake. I promise.
"

#638 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:53 PM

Doesn't look hard, but I'd feel better with some help.  I think I found the kit (the battery comes with an O ring to replace at the same time).  I have to go into Waikiki tomorrow to get it and I won't have time for the dive shop to change it out.

It's really not hard...mine is in a wrist boot...yours is in a console, right? I think the hard part was replacing the o-ring and then getting the do-hickey and the doom-ma-flatchy to work right!

something tells me you won't want me to do this for you :lmao:

Hey, I just went in to pick up a car part I ordered. My exact words to the guy were "I got a voice mail that the little do-hicky I ordered was in". Fortunately I had the paperwork, or I'd probably still be waiting while he searched through the "D's"

When I ordered it, I actually took the part in and said "I need one of these"

Well,

maybe it's a good thing I rented a Cobra console for the week...I needed a redundant Nitrox computer so I figured "why not??"

so, if the battery fix doesn't work, at least there will be an extra on the boat

#639 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:54 PM

And for all your non-drinkers....over 50% of this trip has NON-drinkers on it...including two newbie non-drinkers...fingrabber and myself!!  If you drink Odules YOU MUST REQUEST IT...they will not have it automatically unless requested.  That will be the only non-alcoholic drink available besides soda etc.

And finally....I think I'll need a drink before this all over with... :D see all soon! -ww

I can't believe you and fingrabber are still on this ridiculous bet!! Ooops, I digress, you have another post out there that more clearly states your rationale!! :D

However-your last remarks are clearly a much better choice in your decision making analysis, at least for this trip anyway. Once you return to the mainland, you can get back on the wagon! :lmao:

DBD

Almost forgot-I'll be the naked guy in WW's luggage!!! :lmao:

Hmmm, sounds like I might be a little richer after this trip!!

DBD, you know you're going to need more dive gear than just your birthday suit, right?

#640 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

Ok...so speaking of healthy....I'll bring the grinder...you all just bring your flax!!! And don't forget your concentrated fruit, veggie and berry extracts...you'll need the extra antioxidents with so much diving!!! -ww

I need to learn more about all of this. I was totally off the wagon this week. I went on an all out sugar binge :lmao:

I need to learn about this as well. I put on over 10lbs on my trip and since being home have put on another pound or two. All my friends have been taking me out for my birthday and to hear about my trip. Will be nice to finally get back to a regular routine again. I barely hit the gym(4 times) in the two weeks I was home.

#641 Tony Riggio

Tony Riggio

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

Tony best I can tell, looks like you are close to the airport.  You and Brant are the first ones to arrive (well, except Dan, who gets there Thursday, I think).  So, once you get checked in, why don't take a cab to Front street and we can all meet up at the Pasangrahan; maybe between 1830 and 1900 on Friday evening?

That sounds fine Ali... I'm solo so will be easier to meet at your hotel and then we can all go hunt dinner.

I'll be there around 6:30, but if I'm not there at 7:00 it means forget about me 'cause I got lazy from the red-eye and put my feet up somewhere...........

No, no, no. The best way to deal with jet lag is to take a short nap and then stay up until its bedtime where ever you are. Come on, I'm starting out on a red eye in just a few hours, and I won't be crashing as soon as I get in! We will keep you entertained and awake. I promise.

How can I past THAT up?!?!

#642 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Well,

maybe it's a good thing I rented a Cobra console for the week...I needed a redundant Nitrox computer so I figured "why not??"

so, if the battery fix doesn't work, at least there will be an extra on the boat

I should have several Cochrans as well. The trick is that they need to be diving all the dives...if they aren't then if its the second dive of the day you can't use it!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#643 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

I need to learn more about all of this. I was totally off the wagon this week. I went on an all out sugar binge :lmao:

I need to learn about this as well. I put on over 10lbs on my trip and since being home have put on another pound or two. All my friends have been taking me out for my birthday and to hear about my trip. Will be nice to finally get back to a regular routine again. I barely hit the gym(4 times) in the two weeks I was home.

No worries...you'll have lots of time to learn all you want...and maybe some you don't...your private nutritional advisor is in the house!!!

And yes..we can help you lose some of that 'extra' fun you've picked up. I hope you sent your forms into the boat saying LOTS of fruits and veggies...you'll need 'em to keep up with me!!! -ww

:D

formerly...

#644 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

Ok, gear is packed, clothes are packed, everything is packed an I am ready to go. I sit and reflect, or hit LAX now and start the party early. One more descision.......... This will definantly be a blast with this group, I can tell.
Tony

Tony that is a gaurantee!! You may never want to dive with another group again other than us! :lmao:

formerly...

#645 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

Oh yes...I have a surprise for everyone...we'll be doing something on this trip a bit different...so stay tuned for all the fun details!!! -ww

Yep...another contest is in the making!!! :lmao:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users