• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The final moments and passing of an Angel...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:48 AM

UPDATE:

First off thank you all for your support. It has meant the world to me. Secondly your prayers are WORKING!!! I have spent the week in MD with my aunt and while its been an emotional roller coaster its been a miracle that I could even see her with my schedule the way it is.

And she has survived brain surgery...that is mind boggling. Especially at her age and given what she has already been thru.

And they have released her to continue to heal at home. We are now doing around the clock vigils with her and praying even more she will be ok and they did not just send her home to spend her final days.

Please keep her in your good thoughts, meditations, well wishes and prayers. THEY ARE WORKING!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Kamala,
I'm not sure you are getting my emails (I am sending them to you!), but your aunt continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, surviving brain surgery is a miracle in my mind
(pun intended!) Hope she continues to find strength, and I'm so glad you are able to visit her. :hugs:
-Margaret

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Thank you Margaret...you are in my prayers as well. And I will look for your emails.. kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

The Final Moments...And the Passing of An Angel...

It was a miraculous that she lived this long...she nearly beat the cancer in her lungs...beat it in her brain...but could not stop its ravages in her bones.

She battled the pain day in and day out so she would not spend her last few days in a drug induced blur. She remained sharp and coherent til the end. And she went out with glory.

She promised to wait until my mom and I returned from our special lifelong dream trek to Rome...and SHE DID...but she didn't get to hear how the trip went as she passed around Midnight last night and we were to update her this morning.

My mother is very distraught and I'm glad now I had to layover in DFW on the way home to GSP from our trip. Had I not she would have been alone and that would not have been good. Even knowing her time was limited...you are never really prepared for the last breath. Hospice said she may have a month left...but in the end it was only a couple of days.

She fought a hard battle to stay alive and she kept her word...she waited until my mom made it back home... a testament to her true grit.

Thank you for sharing this burden with me. I am forever moved by your kindness and understanding and your powerful prayers and good thoughts which have resulted in so many miracles! :thankyou:

While I will not be able to go to the funeral I will be assisting my mother to help her go and help with some final arrangements. Thank you for your understanding as I continue to trek thru the final stages of this unwanted journey. Kamala

formerly...

#20 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

My sincere condolences to you, Gloria, and your aunt's son. She does not hurt anymore, which is one big positive you can hold on to while you grieve. {{hugs}}
Posted Image

#21 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so thankful that she was able to hold on for your whole trip - that is an answered prayer. I will pray for peace for your family as you all grieve this terrible loss. Words fail, long distance hugs to you and to your mom.

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

:thankyou:

Its making the :tears: easier to bear....

formerly...

#23 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Kamala, my heart goes out to you and your family. It is so great that she was coherent through this illness. Several things I have learned through my own experiences lately, are ones that you bring up a lot....love the people you love, and enjoy the times you have with them. Know that so many people care about you and your family, and I pray that you are able to find peace. :hugs:

I may have shared this before, but I had been reading a book called "Dying Well", which talked about hospice care and how you can embrace the last few months/weeks/days/minutes with someone and the patient can "die well." It sounds like that happened for her and your family. She sounded like an amazing woman.

Lastly, your aunt did know about your trip with your Mom. And I find it wonderful that she did pass after you returned back to the U.S.

Love,
Margaret

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

I think that book is MUST READ for anyone...if we live our lives like its our last few weeks or months...we'd live it differently. We would not have time for small stuff, nor would we worry about arguements and strife...

We'd embrace life and live it to the fullest. We'd show those we love...how much they mean to us. With your permission I'd like to repost your reply (or have you do it) here...

I am amazed at the inner peace and courage and strength that you have. You are an amazing woman...hope our trip goes off despite a possible hurricane...its time to get wet! Kamala

p.s. I alluded to your own journey to our maker with Mark in that post...but at that time you were not comfortable with me reaching out to our community. I am so glad that you did...I pray you receive the same support from them that I have rec'd from everyone...its made the difference between the trek being bearable or not.

formerly...

#25 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Many hugs to you Kamala!!!!

Your spirit will help you through these difficult times.

F
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#26 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

It has been a particularly tough few months for several of our community. Not only do the stories of your aunt and Mom both sadden and inspire, but the rally and support of so many of our SingleDivers family deeply touches and warms our hearts.

May God continue to Bless and Grace you and your family with the strength to see you all through the fresh pain of loss. I wish I were better acquainted with others of us who are in similar circumstances, but rest assured all are in our prayers. :angel2: Until we join our loved ones on the Other Side, take heart in knowing they now are beyond pain and rejoicing in Heaven.

#27 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I think that book is MUST READ for anyone...if we live our lives like its our last few weeks or months...we'd live it differently. We would not have time for small stuff, nor would we worry about arguements and strife...

We'd embrace life and live it to the fullest. We'd show those we love...how much they mean to us. With your permission I'd like to repost your reply (or have you do it) here...

I am amazed at the inner peace and courage and strength that you have. You are an amazing woman...hope our trip goes off despite a possible hurricane...its time to get wet! Kamala

p.s. I alluded to your own journey to our maker with Mark in that post...but at that time you were not comfortable with me reaching out to our community. I am so glad that you did...I pray you receive the same support from them that I have rec'd from everyone...its made the difference between the trek being bearable or not.

Done....I thank you for asking me to do this. As you know, I wasn't ready at the time to post things myself, but getting better now. I'm not sure how to include the link to the post I made, but I know you will find it.

Kamala, YOU are an amazing woman also! I don't want to get THAT wet with the hurricane with you, but I'll make sure we see each other soon to give you a real hug!

-Margaret

#28 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

Kamala,Prayers are said for your Aunt & you...
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

I can not imagine making it thru these trying times WITHOUT the support of this amazing community. I pray that anyone in need will reach as Margaret and I have done...and many others...for the healing power of the spirit and strength of this special online family. :thankyou:

formerly...

#30 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Kamala,

First of all, my deepest condonences. I know that she meant so much to you, and you were a perfect niece to her.

I realize that nothing I can say will lessen what you and your family are experiencing right now. However, you may take some comfort in knowing that your aunt lived a honorable life with meaning. To paraphrase the Apostle Paul, she lived the good life and fought the good fight and earned her ultimate reward.

She shall continue to be in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Rick

:usflag:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users