• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: 2013-07: July 20-27 Summer diving in FLORIDA!!!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Seeing how I live within less than 2 hours of BHB and easy driving time/distance from almost all the locations mentioned, I guess there's really no reason I can't make it to at least one of these little shindigs. I miss the SD folks and would love to catch up. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread for final details.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hey gang... trying to pull together a FL trip is actually harder then one of our international trips! LOL! But I'll have it dialed in shortly after I get back from Bonaire.

We have no pricing other than most dive ops in FL are reasonably priced and most hotels are reasonably price. Blue Heron Bridge is free so you can't beat that price.

We may offer a Macro photo class at BHB via Reef Photo if anyone is interested? We'd need 4-6 people to do it and its $350 and includes the tanks and a guide for every 3-4 divers.

I know I'm interested. Anyone else?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sorry,K maybe you missed my question...Do you fly into Ft Lauderdale or Miami? Didn't see it mentioned...
As long as I can find out some basic information (where).then I'll check lodgeing..
The class is nice & the Bridge.Just and idea of diving costs...$50.00 per dive??$60.00 per dive??Nitrox available or don't need it?
It will all have to wait till you return?????

Hey gang... trying to pull together a FL trip is actually harder then one of our international trips! LOL! But I'll it dialed in shortly after I get back from Bonaire.

We have no pricing other than most dive ops in FL are reasonably priced and most hotels are reasonably price. Blue Heron Bridge is free so you can't beat that price.

We may offer a Macro photo class at BHB via Reef Photo if anyone is interested? We'd need 4-6 people to do it and its $350 and includes the tanks and a guide for every 3-4 divers.

I know I'm interested. Anyone else?

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

You can fly into either MIA, FLL, or WPB. This will be pretty ad hoc in that sense.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

You can fly into either MIA, FLL, or WPB. This will be pretty ad hoc in that sense.

We're all set here for some South Florida diving!! :diver: Hope to see a "Pool's Open" announcement soon! :respect:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#51 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Diving at 'the bridge" is free.

Maximum depth at "the bridge" is 22 feet. I spend most of my time about 12 feet deep, so 90 to 135 minute dives usually.

Diving out of Boynton Beach, boats are typically $65 for a double dip (not including tanks etc). If there are enough, Wench can get group rates. For example we could get a boat built for 22 divers and have it all to ourselves with only 16 or so.

Wench hasn't picked locations yet. But for "the bridge" and Boynton Beach (Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Palm Beach, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach etc) West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are closer than Miami.

Florida's official 2013 two-day lobster mini-season, July 24-25

Oh-oh. Renting tanks those two days will be difficult without reservations way ahead of time. Definitely stay out of 'the keys' those two days.

If you all want to dive those two days, and do not want to be engulfed in the insanity of mini season, we will have to hire an entire boat. Which will be easy. Every boat operator would be happy to have a boat full of non-mini-season-nuts.

#52 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thank's Racer for the info..Since I'm not as familiar wiith Hotel/Motels in the area..Wondering??? Guess I should wait for those details to be posted..?

Diving at 'the bridge" is free.

Maximum depth at "the bridge" is 22 feet. I spend most of my time about 12 feet deep, so 90 to 135 minute dives usually.

Diving out of Boynton Beach, boats are typically $65 for a double dip (not including tanks etc). If there are enough, Wench can get group rates. For example we could get a boat built for 22 divers and have it all to ourselves with only 16 or so.

Wench hasn't picked locations yet. But for "the bridge" and Boynton Beach (Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Palm Beach, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach etc) West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are closer than Miami.

Florida's official 2013 two-day lobster mini-season, July 24-25

Oh-oh. Renting tanks those two days will be difficult without reservations way ahead of time. Definitely stay out of 'the keys' those two days.

If you all want to dive those two days, and do not want to be engulfed in the insanity of mini season, we will have to hire an entire boat. Which will be easy. Every boat operator would be happy to have a boat full of non-mini-season-nuts.

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#53 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Are these dates sealed in cement? Is everyone locked into this week?

#54 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Are these dates sealed in cement? Is everyone locked into this week?

I'm not locked in - could attend a week before OR a week after. :diver: I try to stay flexible that way... :teeth:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#55 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Just took a quick look at airfare for this week..$275RT on Southwest direct from Denver to FLL including 2 bags!
(Of course, I just took at look at Cozy for this week too, $1000 for air, food & lodging, isn't bad either :))

#56 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Any update on this, at least ballpark pricing? Some great Cinco De Mayo deals out there today if this isn't looking good..

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

George you can fly into any airport MIA or FLL or WPB and we'll figure out how to get where we'll be. We are planning Boynton Beach and Delray area along with the Bridge. Figure less than $100 a day for diving, approx $60 d/o per night for hotel plus meals. The Bridge is free so approx 5 days on the boats.

That is the best I can give you right now. Grab the air...it will work out to be very reasonable. Kamala

formerly...

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

FYI...I am flying into MIA since I'll be in Barbados the week before. However I get there on Sat the 20th before so we *may* offer diving that Sat led by Gabreille aka Sunshine diver. Otherwise the week will start on Sunday the 21st. (corrected from typo of the 28th)

Edited by WreckWench, 05 May 2013 - 05:48 PM.

formerly...

#59 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Ok Flight booked into Ft. Lauderdale on Southwest. 7/20-27.

As far as the photo workshop goes. It depends how many dives we are going to be doing at this location. As I have never dived this area, I'd like a dive or two to get some familiarity with the area prior to the task loading of a camera class/workshop.

That said will get my 250th dive on this trip! Just a couple short after Bonaire!

#60 Buckeyediver

Buckeyediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

That said will get my 250th dive on this trip! Just a couple short after Bonaire!

Pre-congrats!!:cheerleader:/>

WW, I'm interested in the Macro class but it depends on what day you plan to do it. I won't be there Sunday, and I'm not sure about Monday or Friday yet. Those may end up being game-day decisions.:)/>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users