• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Age Differences

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#91 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:00 PM

lmao....u people said this would be fun....gessssh....either im gettin old ....or slow...i cant keep up...lmao
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#92 maxdvr

maxdvr

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:02 PM

kim ...there are many older men who want kids....go with ur heart...u will find him....
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#93 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:17 PM

Now BluBlood, we all know that the answer to your question should be "under 18." I must admit that my eyes have been redirected by a very nice 19-year old, but I know that's too young at least for me. Since I live in a tourist town and it is still spring break, we have had an influx of college students recently. For the most part they look so incredibly young. For the most part they are!! The "innocence" and naivete shines from their eyes.

Ah yes ... us "visually oriented" folk (hey, diving's a visual sport, so I don't want to hear anyone begging off of this!) can certainly have our heads turned by someone attractive. But let's not forget that the dog that chases the car doesn't necessarily want to drive it!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#94 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

I am dying to know how it feels to dive with out a 7 mil everything.

Darlin',

Come between mid May and mid November and you'll be able to dive in just a swim suit.

Walter, I can tell you that after meeting Ana yesterday she is as sweet in person as she comes across on the board!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#95 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:34 PM

Walter, I can tell you that after meeting Ana yesterday she is as sweet in person as she comes across on the board!

I have absolutely no doubt.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#96 wrinkles

wrinkles

• PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

:anna3: Thank you Jaime :anna:

Ana

#97 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:08 AM

:anna3: Thank you Jaime :anna:

Ana

Jus' the facts!

#98 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:16 AM

Hey Scuba Kim,

Take a good look at Michael Douglas and Kathryn Zeta Jones....how many kids? 3?!!! and Demi Moore and her boytoy. LOL (just kidding).

In today where more than 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, I would say take it one day at a time. If you are attracted to someone older than you, don't let it pass you by. Go for it!

~Jan :o

Walter, if you were out here in CA, I would definitely go out with you! :teeth:

#99 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:10 AM

Jan,

Thanks for the compliment.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#100 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:33 AM

But let's not forget that the dog that chases the car doesn't necessarily want to drive it!

LOL! don't forget CSI, sometimes we do get to drive the new models and then our insurance rates go up after the carnage is over!

#101 Socal_Scuba_Gal

Socal_Scuba_Gal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:44 PM

... Today's "younger" gen that I'm becomming more acutely aware up here, Calif is-was different, but it'all about ME.. the "Me" generation.. cell phones, buy me, take me all about ME.. heheh... you start a conversation and within the next 3 sentences they're talking about what's best for them... I simply can't handle  for any length of time.. so it's back to the older Generation... Stable, understanding, appreciative of the other person.. for the most part that is...  don't know why it is.. but  have been able to note the difference between Calif an Wa ladies... and it sticks out like a sore thumb...

Boy, I could tell you stories about what it's like dating in SoCal, and it ain't pretty. We'll have to compare notes over a cold one one of these days!

Hey Jamie,

Us SoCal Gals aren't all that bad...yet, you haven't dated me either! Guess I could tell some tales about dating SoCal Guys! ROTFLOL

Maybe someday, we will actually meet and dive!

~Jan

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,728 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:51 AM

:blush: I can not believe the response this topic has generated. Thank you to all that have replied.

Hey we have our serious sides too! Besides as a single person this is a subject near and dear to all of us!

I have decided that I truly want to have kids, even if this means I have to stop diving for 9 month. (hopefully I can plan for over winter).

I too am in that category myself...and the only downside I see is NOT diving for 9 months! However at the rate I'm going...I'm sure medical science will have resolved that problem by then!!! :P

So I need to focus on meeting people closer to my own age group.  . . .  Now where to find them. My scuba club doesn't seem to have singles at my age group.  Being the social director for the club I have been able to meet many people in the Club. Many of whom are married or are too old.  I think it is time to recruit more.

Being proactive about your future is what everyone who wants ANYTHING in this world should do! If you don't take some chances once in awhile...you'll have exactly what you've always had! Now having said that...recruiting more members into your club is a great idea...being active on this board is a great idea especially as we continue to grow. We hope to do several scuba shows in the next few weeks so perhaps our membership will grow from 200+ to 1000+ shortly! In the meantime, please tell all your scuba club friends and members about Single Divers .com even if they are too old for you....perhaps they are just right for us!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#103 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:14 PM

But let's not forget that the dog that chases the car doesn't necessarily want to drive it!

LOL! don't forget CSI, sometimes we do get to drive the new models and then our insurance rates go up after the carnage is over!

You are correct CSII, but sometimes the insurance is the LEAST of the problems! That baloon-end payment on the lease can be a killer.

#104 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

Hey Jamie,

Us SoCal Gals aren't all that bad...yet, you haven't dated me either! Guess I could tell some tales about dating SoCal Guys! ROTFLOL

Maybe someday, we will actually meet and dive!

~Jan

I wasn't making a gross generalization, just personal experience. I was hoping to dive with you this past weekend but unfortunately you got held up by your squeeze. Certainly in the future, though! I will tell you that it has been a treat talking with you on the phone and I'm very grateful for your help in finding Ana, et al, last weekend.

#105 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

I have the reverse problem, women my age are not interested in diving and certainetly not interested in living on a sailboat in the tropics. :dltears:

Well, I am willing to bet you will find someone around this joint who is willing to join you on that sailboat.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users