• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Whatcha listenin' to?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:50 PM

You're out on the road, hopefully on your way to a great day of diving. What's in your CD changer?

Right now, I'm burning up Killswitch Engage's "Alive or Just Breathing."
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#2 RICHinNC

RICHinNC

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:05 PM

I listen to a lot of Celtic women singers.....lot of Reggae.......like Sara Brightman for female opera or show songs.....the Tutonics for classical music.....and the oldies from the 60s and 70s in rock.
rich

And yes...i will admit i own a Celine Dion cd...
The great thing about excruciating pain is....at least you know you are alive.

#3 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:22 PM

Right now, I'm burning up Killswitch Engage's "Alive or Just Breathing."

you make this crap up, doncha, jamie.

come on, admit it.

#4 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

Jim Brickman. I just saw him tonight. What a great concert. Even nicer to meet him after the show. :welcome:
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#5 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:52 AM

Hey... I know Jim Brickman... he's like an amazing pianist, right? Wow... Marion's hanging out with the stars... maybe she's an angel already!!! :welcome:

Ya' know, no matter how many CD's the changer holds Jex, it's just never enough. My fav' is definitely country, everything from from the edge of rock to slow, syrupy love songs... anything I can sing along with and feel the story. However, you'll find a wide variety of music in my changer and the two extra cases in the truck... from alternative rock to classical and almost everything in between... not real big on angry rap or mindless bubblegum, but beyond that, I'll give it a listen.

And yes, I must confess, I have a Celine Dion CD too... I mean c'mon "The Power of Love"... now THAT is a powerful song.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#6 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:03 AM

Well the last CD I burned was Santana's last album Shawman other than that I do alot of radio surfin. I enjoy classic rock from the 70s 80s 90s. I'm a sucker for top 40 music and I find the newer bands like match box 20, three doors down etc refreshing. but if I'm on my way to go diving I always listen to the Titanic sound track :welcome:

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:07 AM

My classic for going diving is Scuba Do by the Barefoot Band! Now THAT is a classic! Just wish I could find it again...I've just about worn out my second tape and cd! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:40 AM

The CD changer currently has Smashmouth, Liz Phair, and Jimmy Buffett (2 of each for what that's worth). On my way to go diving, put your money on Buffett. A Pirate Looks at Forty is the best song in the history of music. So there.
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#9 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:59 AM

Right now, I'm listening to Car Talk. A wonderful radio show.

When I drive every day to and from work, I listen to the local light rock station because they have trafic updates every 15 minutes. Sometimes that keeps me out of the traffic jams.

When I travel, I put my Jim Croce on mostly, but then I also listen to Dave Matthews, Jimmy Buffett, The Beatles, James Taylor, Carly Simon, etc. I like a lot of different music, but my favorite artist of all is Jim Croce.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#10 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:33 AM

I'm spending time with my niece this weekend, so I've got Radio Disney on the radio and Hillary Duff in the cd changer.

Otherwise, it's pretty eclectic...from classical (any of the 'major players'), to jazz (Joshua Redmon), to classic rock (Rush, Van Halen)...pretty much anything BUT country.

Oh yeah...and sometimes it's Miss Molly and the Whips - college band that toured when I was in college.
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:16 PM

At home and around town I listen to jazz, going to a Dave Koz concert in a few weeks. In the office I can only pick up a local soft rock station.
On the road to diving I have two tapes mixed with Barefoot Man, Buffet and others doing Sailing, Diving and island music. :D :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#12 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:39 PM

Right now I'm listening to Jimmy Buffett's new one, "License to Chill"

After that Susan Ciani and then Tangerine Dream.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#13 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:12 PM

Big & Rich, Horse of a Different Color is at the top of my most listened CD's in the changer at the moment, But lets see, also in that baby are Joe Ely Live at Liberty Lunch, The Hatters..Madcap Adventures of the Avocado Overlord ( one of my all time favs), Montgomery Gentry's My Town....Hmm what else...Ohhh Buffet of course that's a greatest hits not sure which one....David and David's Boomtown Travis Tritt, Kenny Chesney No Shoes No Shirt No Problem, Steve Earl's Exit 0....Allman Bro's Eat a Peach.......Dwight Yoakum Guitars, Cadilacs....and Country Joe McDonald's Paradise with an Ocean View. Thats whats in there at the Moment of course that changes weekly.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#14 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:14 PM

A Pirate Looks at Forty is the best song in the history of music. So there.

In your belly you hold the treasure few have ever seen.....Nuff said.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#15 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:42 PM

For me, it is mostly country. Anything by George Strait, Alan Jackson, Tracy Byrd, John Micheal Montgomery, etc suits me just fine. But I like to play my Rippingtons and Tom Grant (comtempary jazz) cds as well. Once in a while, I will dig out my Journey, Styx, Ratt, Motley Crue, and Firehouse cds to jam on.

Edited by Mitch0129, 21 November 2004 - 12:43 PM.

-Mitch-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users