• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005 9/3-10Grenada-SpiceIsles Land/Reef/WreckDream

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
708 replies to this topic

#61 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:23 AM

Alright, not that I am excited about this trip or anything :lmao: , but I have firmed up my flights and know that I will be arriving in Grenada on September 1st at 8:45 pm and depart September 11 at 7:25 pm. So I guess this means I will need a room for the extra nights of the 1st, 2nd and 10th. Darn, three extra nights in Grenada; whatever shall I do??? :taz:

#62 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:32 AM

Cool site! I wish I had 3 weeks off to participate in the volunteer program - that sounds like fun!

I agree! That sounds like an incredible experience! I just can't take 3 weeks off. :dltears: :dltears: :dltears:

But what a wonderful opportunity if you could! I encourage everyone to check out the oceanspirits website - sounds like an experience you'd never forget.
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:39 AM

Well Kamala, my check will be in the mail this weekend.. I promise.  Got to do it before I split for Ghana next week.  Yet another incredibly long trip from the West Coast for diving's sake (sigh).  Well, the reward is worth it.  Let me know about the flight info, I am still working on it myself.

Thanks
Rosa

That is awesome girl....can't wait to see you again! I am working on the flight routings for the bulk flight options however with AA having a sale right now...most of the scheduled air is cheaper then the bulk air! -ww

WOW!! We have potentially 12 people going out of only 16 spots! Hey VADiver and SugarBad...are you joining us??? Spots are getting limited quickly! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:13 AM

Alright, paypal done!!!! I'm in. One more checked item off my list!!

#65 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:40 AM

Kamala, I sent you a PM; I'm definately ineterested and will need a nice dive break after this trip! Today it's windy, raining and the whole place turned to mud! It could be worse, but I'm not too sure how.

Who is going to Grenada then? Brent are you in? I'll try to call this weekend so answer the phone, it's long distance. :o Will there be anyone from the NC dives last year going?

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

Kamala, I sent you a PM; I'm definately ineterested and will need a nice dive break after this trip! Today it's windy, raining and the whole place turned to mud! It could be worse, but I'm not too sure how.

Who is going to Grenada then? Brent are you in? I'll try to call this weekend so answer the phone, it's long distance. :welcome: Will there be anyone from the NC dives last year going?

My dear that is AWESOME NEWS!!! You know I love having you on trips! :o As for who is going...go to the first post of this thread and you'll see who is going! It will be an awesome trip but Brent has not signed up yet...however we are almost full so he will need too FAST!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#67 NCMasterDiver

NCMasterDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Board Status:ready to dive......
  • Cert Level:AOW - Enriched Air (nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:154 +/-

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:43 PM

Kamala...please check out the best deals on airfare from Charlotte. You always seem to miss that listing when you post bulk rates for dive trips. USAir, Delta and American all fly from there to Puerto Rico. Connecting flights to Grenada are numerous. Flights are currenlty priced in the $1,000.00 range at this time. Flying at the start of the Labor Day weekend might mean a couple extra days "early" to get a better price. Staying over an extra day is not a problem.
Add me to the list and save me a spot next to Michelle. I will telephone you this week to work out the pricing for the dive package. I will probably arrive a day or two early to tour the island and get to meet the other early arrivals. I too will need a room or one to share. ( Michelle's request for a roomie to share from an earlier thread.)
Depending on the airline and flight schedules, my arrival will probably be on September 1st and departure on September 11th.
Thanks and hope to talk with ya soon.

Jerry

(NCMasterDiver)
(336) 971-9720)

As long as you have faith, there is hope.

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hey Jerry...that is great news! I will check airfare for you and see what you need to do to find a reasonable fare. By the looks of things we will have plenty of people arriving early...I think Ms. Michelle will have her pick of roomies! Of course you have to get thru me first!! :o

formerly...

#69 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:40 PM

Hey Jerry...that is great news! I will check airfare for you and see what you need to do to find a reasonable fare. By the looks of things we will have plenty of people arriving early...I think Ms. Michelle will have her pick of roomies! Of course you have to get thru me first!! :teeth:

Kamala is starting to accept applications now! :lmao: :lmao:

Alright, in all seriousness, this is great that others are looking to arrive early. Even more fun and more of a chance to explore the island! I'm also thinking of renting a scooter for at least a couple of those "extra" days for exploration purposes.

With respect to flights, people may also want to look into flying to Port of Spain, Trinidad and taking the Liat flight over to Grenada. While I was not able to get a spot to Grenada on airmiles, I was able to get to Port of Spain and the Liat flight was just over $200.00. Heck of a deal in my view! Anyhow, this may give people more options for finding reasonably priced flights.

M

#70 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

What type of diving is everyone interested in? I should be back in the States by September and should be able to make the trip. I have always wanted to dive the Bianca C, but you can’t see her in one dive. Multiple dives would be requires, and then there is the penetration aspect. Is anyone planning light deco and penetration?

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:08 PM

If we have enough interest divers can dive the reefs next to the Bianca C in lieu of diving the wreck. The dive operator offers a 'tour' of the wreck ending up on the neighboring reef which accommodates all levels of diving skills. For those interested we can also do 2 boats and allow our 'wreckies' to dive the Bianca C while the rest of us dive the beautiful reefs and corals in the area. Several other shallow wrecks are 'must see's' as well in the area! -ww

formerly...

#72 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:30 PM

I now have approved leave for this time period.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#73 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:06 PM

Hi gang, this one is a definite possibility on my list this year, but still juggling prospects.

Does anyone know about the access to or have any interest in climbing the "mountains" on the island? I use the term "mountain" lightly, but only because I live in Colorado and air is always in short supply here. :teeth: These hills are still over 2700' of vertical elevation, which would be a decent hike and there are supposed to be some beautiful waterfall and rainforest hikes that branch out along the way. I could easily see spending a few days just checking out the island and the wildlife. Any thoughts or recommendations?

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#74 chanaaviv

chanaaviv

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced - learned & dived in Indonesia, Australia, Red Sea, Caribbean
  • Logged Dives:99

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

Greetings, All.

I am also planning to go on the trip and will send a cheque to Kamala tomorrow. I want to come around four or five days early, rent a car and explore the island. I've done some research on B&B's and there are some inexpensive ones to stay (pre-trip). Is anyone interested in joining me? I did that when I vacationed in Dominica - an incredibly beautiful island, but quite different, of course, from Grenada.

I tried to enter a photo from my computer, but it did not work out. Is there some trick to it?

Michelle, did you get frequent flyer points via Air Canada? The prices from St. John's are astronomical, so I will need to have creative solutions. I've looked at Canjet to NYC and then from there to Grenada; also I could travel on points from St. John's to Miami and then from there to Grenada (long waits, though).

Ann

#75 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:22 AM

I tried to enter a photo from my computer, but it did not work out.  Is there some trick to it?

Hey Ann!

What type of image were you trying to upload? .bmp? .jpg? Also, what is the size of the file? You may need to resize the image a little. PM me if you need some help with that.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users