• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fit Enough to Dive?

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#181 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:34 AM

Wahoo for you Kamala and Ed!!  Keep on going!

4/10 walk the dog 3.5 miles  and pilates

4/11 walk the dog 3.1 miles

4/12 walk the dog,  minute video

4/13 walk the dog, night hike 6.7 miles

4/14 walk the dog 3.2 miles

4/15 hike with dog 4.0 miles

#182 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:301

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:39 AM

A good pep talk from The Wench in Cozumel renewed my enthusiasm for my keto diet that had gone slack during the pandemic. I started a Keto meal delivery plan (which is easy and yummy), resumed fasting 18 hours/day, and I am keeping up with everything I eat in my keto app, so I know my daily macros and calorie intake. I've been on it for less than a week and without much effort I seem to be losing about a pound a day with my 1300 calorie/day plan. For exercise, I am doing outside work while it is still cool, chopping brush, changing out the studded snow tires, splitting wood for next winter, etc. Thanks Kamala! It always helps me to follow your good example and advice. 

#183 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:40 PM

Sorry I've been off the grid!  After getting back from a month in Cozumel, Home maintenance took over!  The last two weeks, I have been landscaping, digging trenches and putting in irrigation system.  Exhausted!  

I'm getting our activity updated through today for those who have been diligently posting their progress!!!  For anyone who hasn't updated us, it's never to late to add what you've been doing to help yourself physically and mentally!!!!  AND, it's NEVER too late to re-start the goals you've set!  Getting "Dive Ready" is a process.  Keep it up and hang in there!!!

Amy

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#184 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

A good pep talk from The Wench in Cozumel renewed my enthusiasm for my keto diet that had gone slack during the pandemic. I started a Keto meal delivery plan (which is easy and yummy), resumed fasting 18 hours/day, and I am keeping up with everything I eat in my keto app, so I know my daily macros and calorie intake. I've been on it for less than a week and without much effort I seem to be losing about a pound a day with my 1300 calorie/day plan. For exercise, I am doing outside work while it is still cool, chopping brush, changing out the studded snow tires, splitting wood for next winter, etc. Thanks Kamala! It always helps me to follow your good example and advice. 

Jaque!  good for you!!!!  I look forward to hearing how the keto system is doing for you!!

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#185 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:51 AM

Sorry I've been off the grid!  After getting back from a month in Cozumel, Home maintenance took over!  The last two weeks, I have been landscaping, digging trenches and putting in irrigation system.  Exhausted!  

I'm getting our activity updated through today for those who have been diligently posting their progress!!!  For anyone who hasn't updated us, it's never to late to add what you've been doing to help yourself physically and mentally!!!!  AND, it's NEVER too late to re-start the goals you've set!  Getting "Dive Ready" is a process.  Keep it up and hang in there!!!

Amy

Welcome back Amy.  You have been busy with all of the diving and yard work.  The pictures looked great.  

#186 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:55 AM

I have not posted in a while, as I have needed to stop the exercise for a while.  Trying to slowly get back to it with 1 walk a day for the last few days.

5-15    6 miles

5-16    6 miles

5-17    5 miles

5-17    1 mile

5-25    1 mile

5-26    1.5 miles

5-27    2 miles

5-28    2 miles

5-29    2 miles

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#187 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:56 AM

I started up again after the last dive trip.  Here's my last week's info:

Friday 6/11:           25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.1 miles

Saturday 6/12:      25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.6 miles

Sunday 6/13:         25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.0 miles

Monday 6/14:        25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.0 miles

Tuesday 6/15:       25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.4 miles

Wednesday 6/16:  25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.2 miles

Thursday 6/17:      25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 1.6 miles (interrupted walk)

Butch aka Cajun Diver

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#188 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:45 PM

Since April, I have had to stop my walking for about a week or longer, on at least 3 different occasions.  I have been out walking for at least 8 straight days now, so hopefully I will be able to keep it going.  I have done two three mile walks for three days in a row, after starting up again with a one mile walk last week.  

Ed

• Cajun Diver likes this

#189 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 August 2021 - 02:38 PM

How is everyone doing? Still working it out?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#190 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 06:27 PM

Although a couple of dive trips and numerous pain issues have kept me from my daily walks, I have been going when the body allows me to.  I have been averaging 1-2 walks per day, maybe 3-4 times a week, for the last 4 months.  The walks have been cut down to 1.5 to 2 miles for now.  I will most likely be restricted to minimal walking for about 2 months or so, starting in a couple of weeks, but expect that I will then be able to work back up to the two three mile walks per day again.  I should be back to working on conditioning some before the Dominica trip.  

#191 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:01 AM

Although a couple of dive trips and numerous pain issues have kept me from my daily walks, I have been going when the body allows me to.  I have been averaging 1-2 walks per day, maybe 3-4 times a week, for the last 4 months.  The walks have been cut down to 1.5 to 2 miles for now.  I will most likely be restricted to minimal walking for about 2 months or so, starting in a couple of weeks, but expect that I will then be able to work back up to the two three mile walks per day again.  I should be back to working on conditioning some before the Dominica trip.  

Thank you for the update. Best wishes and prayers that all goes well and you are back in the swing of things to be back into the regular exercise groove.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#192 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 03:39 PM

While baby steps...again...at least they are steps in the right direction:

2 days of doing my lower back exercises

1 day of walking

7 days in a row of doing posture exercises.

ALL effort is good effort! Time to renew the journey where ever we have left off!

formerly...

#193 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 08:36 PM

I found this to be inspirational last year, when others were participating and posting, so I am going to start some regular posts to hopefully inspire others to join in again.  After being shut down by the doc for Sept and Oct, the body was very slow to recover and allow regular exercise.  It is ironic that I started increasing the exercise program a year or so ago to help improve my diving.  After being shut down last Fall, it seems like it was the diving in Dominica and Cozumel that are now improving my ability to get back to the exercising.  I walked 2 miles this morning, and 1.5 miles this afternoon, and felt better than I have since probably last Spring.  I plan to try and do my 2 walks a day, as well as add some other exercising in as I go along, and hopefully get back up to a couple of 3 mile walks per day.  Ed

• WreckWench likes this

#194 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Ed for participating again! I know it was hard for me to get going with so much stuff going on last year...but I was so happy to see so many of your inspired to get started taking the first step towards the rest of your NEW HEALTHIER LIFE!!!

And this year I'm in to win it!!! I'm in this life and I want it to be my best ever!!! :wakawaka:

Thank you all for being part of that process! :respect:

formerly...

#195 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 07:42 PM

I did a 3 mile walk this morning, and a 2 mile walk this afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users