• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fit Enough to Dive?

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 little mermaid

little mermaid

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:34 AM

Wahoo for you Kamala and Ed!!  Keep on going!

4/10 walk the dog 3.5 miles  and pilates

4/11 walk the dog 3.1 miles

4/12 walk the dog,  minute video

4/13 walk the dog, night hike 6.7 miles

4/14 walk the dog 3.2 miles

4/15 hike with dog 4.0 miles

#182 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water-Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:267

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:39 AM

A good pep talk from The Wench in Cozumel renewed my enthusiasm for my keto diet that had gone slack during the pandemic. I started a Keto meal delivery plan (which is easy and yummy), resumed fasting 18 hours/day, and I am keeping up with everything I eat in my keto app, so I know my daily macros and calorie intake. I've been on it for less than a week and without much effort I seem to be losing about a pound a day with my 1300 calorie/day plan. For exercise, I am doing outside work while it is still cool, chopping brush, changing out the studded snow tires, splitting wood for next winter, etc. Thanks Kamala! It always helps me to follow your good example and advice. 

#183 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Cert Level:most experience is in the Caymans. Have done shark dive in Bahamas, dove in Hawaii.
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:40 PM

Sorry I've been off the grid!  After getting back from a month in Cozumel, Home maintenance took over!  The last two weeks, I have been landscaping, digging trenches and putting in irrigation system.  Exhausted!  

I'm getting our activity updated through today for those who have been diligently posting their progress!!!  For anyone who hasn't updated us, it's never to late to add what you've been doing to help yourself physically and mentally!!!!  AND, it's NEVER too late to re-start the goals you've set!  Getting "Dive Ready" is a process.  Keep it up and hang in there!!!

Amy

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#184 Mom2rjw

Mom2rjw

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Cert Level:most experience is in the Caymans. Have done shark dive in Bahamas, dove in Hawaii.
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

A good pep talk from The Wench in Cozumel renewed my enthusiasm for my keto diet that had gone slack during the pandemic. I started a Keto meal delivery plan (which is easy and yummy), resumed fasting 18 hours/day, and I am keeping up with everything I eat in my keto app, so I know my daily macros and calorie intake. I've been on it for less than a week and without much effort I seem to be losing about a pound a day with my 1300 calorie/day plan. For exercise, I am doing outside work while it is still cool, chopping brush, changing out the studded snow tires, splitting wood for next winter, etc. Thanks Kamala! It always helps me to follow your good example and advice. 

Jaque!  good for you!!!!  I look forward to hearing how the keto system is doing for you!!

Mom2rjw aka Amy

#185 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Cert Level:Experienced diver, but never went for AOW
  • Logged Dives:logged, 200 plus. 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:51 AM

Sorry I've been off the grid!  After getting back from a month in Cozumel, Home maintenance took over!  The last two weeks, I have been landscaping, digging trenches and putting in irrigation system.  Exhausted!  

I'm getting our activity updated through today for those who have been diligently posting their progress!!!  For anyone who hasn't updated us, it's never to late to add what you've been doing to help yourself physically and mentally!!!!  AND, it's NEVER too late to re-start the goals you've set!  Getting "Dive Ready" is a process.  Keep it up and hang in there!!!

Amy

Welcome back Amy.  You have been busy with all of the diving and yard work.  The pictures looked great.  

#186 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:55 AM

I have not posted in a while, as I have needed to stop the exercise for a while.  Trying to slowly get back to it with 1 walk a day for the last few days.

5-15    6 miles

5-16    6 miles

5-17    5 miles

5-17    1 mile

5-25    1 mile

5-26    1.5 miles

5-27    2 miles

5-28    2 miles

5-29    2 miles

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#187 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:760

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:56 AM

I started up again after the last dive trip.  Here's my last week's info:

Friday 6/11:           25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.1 miles

Saturday 6/12:      25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.6 miles

Sunday 6/13:         25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.0 miles

Monday 6/14:        25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 3.0 miles

Tuesday 6/15:       25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.4 miles

Wednesday 6/16:  25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 2.2 miles

Thursday 6/17:      25 push ups, 75 crunches, 20 knee bends (with 20 lbs of weight) and 20 hand grips.  Walked 1.6 miles (interrupted walk)

Butch aka Cajun Diver

• dive_sail_etc likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#188 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:45 PM

Since April, I have had to stop my walking for about a week or longer, on at least 3 different occasions.  I have been out walking for at least 8 straight days now, so hopefully I will be able to keep it going.  I have done two three mile walks for three days in a row, after starting up again with a one mile walk last week.  

Ed

• Cajun Diver likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users