• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CLOSED: Aug 26-31 &/or Sep 1-6, 2022 BEST OF FLORIDA MINI TRIPS...GOLIATHS & SHARKS & BHB & MAYBE MANTAS HIKA INPUTS & TRIP BUILD OUT PLAN

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:49 AM

5th Problem:

Tank package prices for Groupers is not listed in the official TP #1 (unless I missed it, always possible). 

Tank prices for Florida for the packages aren't listed.  Tank prices in for the individual tanks it is listed as TBD, but in Tank prices in this post were:

• Nitrox Alum 80 tanks: $20
  • Nitrox Steel 100: $25
  • Air Alum 80: $18

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 March 2022 - 09:00 AM

I"m sorry I was confused. Weeks on no sleep have taken a toll on me. I am being pulled in too many directions and can only retain a few things at a time. If I shift to another trip I lose everything from the previous one. I am a mess. I thought it was all done but booking me and QC. I did not realize the other issues existed. I'm sorry.

I'm going to ask Sandy to help me fix the issues you have addressed. And we can clarify about the rooms. I agree that they should book either one if 2 different sets of sku's or just 'extra night' if not. We just need to be able to captures them all when dealing with the rooms. AND YES we will manage manually because I can't exceed the number of rooms I have on hold. (Not sure this could happen but I'll still manage manually to tart just in case. We can add inv later as the trip stars to fill and we see if we have to limit single rooms more or can add them etc.

Again please forgive. I am a wreck.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 March 2022 - 09:45 AM

I"m sorry I was confused. Weeks on no sleep have taken a toll on me. I am being pulled in too many directions and can only retain a few things at a time. If I shift to another trip I lose everything from the previous one. I am a mess. I thought it was all done but booking me and QC. I did not realize the other issues existed. I'm sorry.

I'm going to ask Sandy to help me fix the issues you have addressed. And we can clarify about the rooms. I agree that they should book either one if 2 different sets of sku's or just 'extra night' if not. We just need to be able to captures them all when dealing with the rooms. AND YES we will manage manually because I can't exceed the number of rooms I have on hold. (Not sure this could happen but I'll still manage manually to tart just in case. We can add inv later as the trip stars to fill and we see if we have to limit single rooms more or can add them etc.

Again please forgive. I am a wreck.

I understand, partly why I put each issue in a different post so that they could be address/viewed as needed by the right people.  I do hope you are able to get some sleep soon.

The trip is ready to book.  I think the hotel rooms can be resolved with conversation with people. I recommend you put in 7 in each as opposed to 14 that way people can book. Then you just need to manually watch the inventory on the rooms and balance them for both trips.

Tank issues have been resolved, just a little bit of extra work for the TC who has to remember your tanks and Steve's tanks won't show up under the main trip roster.  Only thing that you should (or Sandy) do is add the Tank package prices from this post to the TP #1 in WIP.

I don't know how to fix the free BHB dives tracking issue.  Butch, any ideas?

#34 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 10 March 2022 - 11:16 AM

The artifacts of the problems booking Kamala:

Kamala you are booked - But all the text for the actual Grouper part say Florida Manatees becasue we reused the trip.  Additionally the trip costs will be off, but obviously won't matter since you are in the sandbox.

- Your tank package for the Groupers is listed under trip T-FLL-1-TA

- Your tank package for the Sharks is listed under trip FLL-2-22-T

The booking page let me book them, but then gave a red error at the top.

I edited the database and fixed the text to show "Florida Goliath Groupers August 26-31, 2022: Diver (D/O)" for Kamala's spot.  So it no longer says "Manatees" on the trip roster - part I fixed is underlined above.

Edited by Cajun Diver, 10 March 2022 - 11:17 AM.

• Blue151 likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 12:10 PM

I understand, partly why I put each issue in a different post so that they could be address/viewed as needed by the right people.  I do hope you are able to get some sleep soon.

The trip is ready to book.  I think the hotel rooms can be resolved with conversation with people. I recommend you put in 7 in each as opposed to 14 that way people can book. Then you just need to manually watch the inventory on the rooms and balance them for both trips.

Tank issues have been resolved, just a little bit of extra work for the TC who has to remember your tanks and Steve's tanks won't show up under the main trip roster.  Only thing that you should (or Sandy) do is add the Tank package prices from this post to the TP #1 in WIP.

I don't know how to fix the free BHB dives tracking issue.  Butch, any ideas?

The artifacts of the problems booking Kamala:

Kamala you are booked - But all the text for the actual Grouper part say Florida Manatees becasue we reused the trip.  Additionally the trip costs will be off, but obviously won't matter since you are in the sandbox.

- Your tank package for the Groupers is listed under trip T-FLL-1-TA

- Your tank package for the Sharks is listed under trip FLL-2-22-T

The booking page let me book them, but then gave a red error at the top.

I edited the database and fixed the text to show "Florida Goliath Groupers August 26-31, 2022: Diver (D/O)" for Kamala's spot.  So it no longer says "Manatees" on the trip roster - part I fixed is underlined above.

Thank you Butch.

Thank you Pam!

HOTEL ROOM DISCUSSION & TRACKING RESOLUTION:

Good idea about some extra room inv for each pkg and just move around as needed. I just need to be sure we do not over commit the rooms. I only have 9 total so should be enough but may not depending on s/o vs d/o.   I guess starting inv could be

HOTEL ROOM STARTING INV less anything booked if booked for anyone including Kamala:

S/O 1 room each trip so total of 2 Rooms

D/O 5 nites for week one and 5 for week 2 so 10 spots = 5 rooms

= 7 of my 9 rooms so far.

TRIP COSTS

If the trip costs for EVERYONE who booked including Steve and Ed are ok then all good. If theirs are off let me know so I can manually bill them the balance.

TANK TRACKING:

Ok we will advise Brad so he and I can manage manually in the TC topic that STEVE'S TANIKS WILL NOT SHOW UP ON ROSTERS and we have to manage manually.

FREE BHB DIVE TRACKING:

I think the only option is to track manually by them posting they want to go. I'll do a separate topic OR we can use the #4 topic to track the FREE BHB dives.  We always have at least one thing we manage manually so this is it for this trip.

FINAL QC & DETAIL FIXING:

Butch has offered to fix the #1 and make sure HIKA match for me. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 02:37 PM

2nd Problem with how things are set up:

If someone (a local) goes and books just the free BHB shore dives.  The booking system lets them do it, it shows up in the orders in Hika.  BUT since they signed up without being on a trip, there is no connection to the trip roster.  SO the order basically vanishes from view.  

SO I am not sure how to find these people so that you know they are signed up.  

Tested it and do see it in the orders in Hika but not on the trip roster.  Only possible fix is to make it require the purchase of something or add a note saying if local then just reply in thread and not to add to cart.

Edit - it does send an email so possibly that could be the way to track?

Edited by Cajun Diver, 10 March 2022 - 02:37 PM.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#37 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 02:39 PM

5th Problem:

Tank package prices for Groupers is not listed in the official TP #1 (unless I missed it, always possible). 

Tank prices for Florida for the packages aren't listed.  Tank prices in for the individual tanks it is listed as TBD, but in Tank prices in this post were:

• Nitrox Alum 80 tanks: $20
  • Nitrox Steel 100: $25
  • Air Alum 80: $18

It was listed but kind of hidden - I made it prominent in the Optional area.

#38 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 03:08 PM

TANK TRACKING:

FREE BHB DIVE TRACKING:

TANK TRACKING:

I fixed it in the database so STEVE'S TANKS WILL SHOW UP ON ROSTERS and we DO NOT have to manage manually.  I also fixed Kamala's so it shows up properly too.

FREE BHB DIVE TRACKING:

Like I mentioned in the other post it does generate an email in my testing so you could use that to track them.

I have gone through and done a QC and it looks good.  Fixed problems I saw in post #1 so it is ready to go too.

Edited by Cajun Diver, 10 March 2022 - 03:09 PM.

• Blue151 likes this

#39 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:55 PM

Updating from email on issue with Tanks in Week 1 Goliath package.  There was another typo that Pam figured out while on the road.

From the email:

Explanation: when the code for the Week 1 Goliath trip was initially fixed the “22” was left out (so was TA-FLL-1-TANK, fixed to TO-FLL-1-TANK and should have been TO-FLL-1-22-TANK).

Week 2 trip worked with no issues.

I deleted all of my tests with “Butch Testing2” and deleted Pam’s entries for week 2.  Inventory was also added back.

I fixed the 2 that had the “TA” in the code for Scott Russell aka Starshard12003 and Teresa Thomas aka just4trix.  So both are showing up properly in the trip roster.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:20 PM

Great! I will move the topics to the open forums and officially open the trip! Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#41 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:40 PM

Trip table updated.

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:57 PM

Trip table updated.

Thank you!

formerly...

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 10:40 PM

Am I signed up for the BHB night dives as well as the 2 extra dives on Sat and the blackwater dive? My plan is to do them all. Thank you!

formerly...

#44 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 March 2022 - 11:04 AM

Am I signed up for the BHB night dives as well as the 2 extra dives on Sat and the blackwater dive? My plan is to do them all. Thank you!

I answered this question over the phone with Kamala - no further response required. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#45 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 March 2022 - 12:55 PM

Please see THIS POST in the BoF TC Topic regarding Base Trip Package inventory discrepancies and advise in a reply to this post. Thank you!

BUTCH RESOLVED IN THE OTHER TOPIC. NO FURTHER ACTION.  :thankyou:

Edited by WreckWench, 12 March 2022 - 07:28 PM.
To clarify its done.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users